Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 3rd December 2010, 00:22   #1756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Hi,has anyone noticed this?

In tbhpian Tushar lalsan brand new Z4 ownership thread he mentions an Audi R8 V10 being delivered to kolkata.

Here is the thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...er-bmw-z4.html (Ownership Review of the infamous 'Lucifer' BMW Z4)

Check the first post
Avishar,ah nice

Planet Rocker,I got it now,red M3 to be sold soon and this is the R8 which is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
Guys, I think I might somehow get to know who got hold of the 500. Cos in Sept-Oct when I bought my Punto from Lexus, they had the 500 sitting quitely which I sat in quite a no. of times. I enquired at least 5 to 6 times that the 500 has got any booking quiries or not, but all the time I kept getting long faces and disappointed FIAT sales staff kept saying "Sir, this car needs Passion in the buyers". He kept saying "Sir, Punto and 500 are of similar breed, people who love them will buy them, it needs passion more than money." I believed him, and I still belive him. I am too happy today to see that this 500 has ultimately been sold, I sat in it atleast 5 times. I loved it. I saw atleast 3 customers who enquired about the 500 very very eagerly and looked good enough to buy it, but simply showed loads and loads of attitude and rejected it, just to go on to buy some other car, that offers them more value for money. I remember one guy coming up to showroom and enquiring about the 500, he looked rich, spoke good english, but was of cheap mindset. The sales guy was attending to me & my brother, so, this rich guy got pissed off and started abusing the sales guy saying "dont you recognise your potential customers? I have come to buy a car of thrice the value of the car you are selling. I wont buy this car, because you are not concerned to sell it to me. This car wont be sold, you write this down." I got so upset seeing the sales guy's face that day. Now that it has been sold, I will call up my sales rep and ask him about the buyer. Will keep it posted here friends. I am happy today for FIAT and for the sales guy at Lexus.
Buddy I dont think one is allowed to take the owners name out here.
cityvic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 01:57   #1757
Senior - BHPian

Boy, oh boy an R8 v10 is going to be awesome. Kolkata sure is moving up. The Jags, the Lambo, the baby R8 and now this. Lets hope the news is correct. *fingers crossed for now*
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 02:16   #1758
Awaiting Email Confirmation

That is great news, also saw the yellow lambo at AJC bose road crossing, the exhaust note was just awesome when the owner floored it near the race course.
LM002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 08:05   #1759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Buddy I dont think one is allowed to take the owners name out here.
Ya, I know about that rule. I wont be naming him. Let me atleast try to find out who got it. Let us see.
arpanjha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 13:27   #1760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Yes I had noticed this but forgot to mention. But still no one has spotted any other R8. I guess if you have a R8 in the city you can feel it..Who knows what the mystery of the R8 is!!
Can anyone confirm the colour? A friend of mine had said he had seen a black R8. I thought he was bluffing!
scuderiamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 22:31   #1761
Senior - BHPian

Source Amit Sarkar on FB

Name:  121.jpg
Views: 1767
Size:  52.5 KB
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 22:56   #1762
BHPian

@planet_rocker: nice pic, good to see it frequently here.

I rang up the Sales guy at FIAT, Lexus today, he confirmed the sale of the red 500 to a person in calcutta itself. He sounded very happy, said it had been sold around diwali. Its really nice we have people here buying a 500 instead of a Beetle. I had the feeling always that Beetle appealed more to people than the 500. So, now there is 1 500 here in kolkata against how many Beetles? ANy guesses on the no. of Beetles in kolkata?
arpanjha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 23:10   #1763
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Source Amit Sarkar on FB

Attachment 463542
Now that's a fantastic picture there! In the midst of Calcutta traffic, a sneak preview of sorts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
@planet_rocker: nice pic, good to see it frequently here.

I rang up the Sales guy at FIAT, Lexus today, he confirmed the sale of the red 500 to a person in calcutta itself. He sounded very happy, said it had been sold around diwali. Its really nice we have people here buying a 500 instead of a Beetle. I had the feeling always that Beetle appealed more to people than the 500. So, now there is 1 500 here in kolkata against how many Beetles? ANy guesses on the no. of Beetles in kolkata?
I'm sure more people would've gone for the 500 over the Beetle. You see, only five-hundred Fiat 500s were sold if I'm not wrong. Only five-hundred were allotted to India by Fiat. It was introduced to promote the sagging image of Fiat, and it has, sort of, worked!

Much like what VW did by introducing the Beetle! But in VW's case, sales of the Beetle isn't restricted to a number of cars. That's why you see many more Beetles.

So we don't get to see too many in other cities either. In Bangalore, for example, I've seen only three 500s in the flesh as opposed to over 20 Beetles in various colours. Even two Cabriolets!

I'd take a Fiat 500 over a Beetle any day.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 13:38   #1764
BHPian

I dont know if Chargerman has said anything but that Gallardo SL belongs to his family as well in Kolkata along with the 355, SL, etc...
GTI WR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 20:02   #1765
Senior - BHPian

Got some news about the Lambo. It stays in Ballygunge Circular Road. Fingers are crossed but I'm hoping I get to meet the owner some day. A friend of mine knows the owner.
@GTI_WR6: The SL belongs to Babi Nobis. You're talking about the SL63 AMG right?
Old 5th December 2010, 16:40   #1766
BHPian

Saw a white Range Rover in Home town Parking, Rajarhat. There were many other cars as well but nothing worth mentioning but they were in good numbers(2 X 3 series, 2 X new E-Classes, 1 X new Teana).
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2010, 22:15   #1767
Senior - BHPian

Pancham,Dont you dare and take a pic of that car.Iv had a pathetic experience. :(
cityvic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2010, 23:17   #1768
BHPian

Quote:
Source Amit Sarkar on FB

Attachment 463542
This car looks like as if it is a replica... The curves, size doesnt look real. Is it so? Is it just me or it looks like that to everyone?

Regards
muditgrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 07:00   #1769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muditgrover View Post
This car looks like as if it is a replica... The curves, size doesnt look real. Is it so? Is it just me or it looks like that to everyone?

Regards
Dude, that is very much an original Lamborghini Gallardo. And in reality, the Gallardo is a deceptively small car. About as big as a large hatchback like the Ford Fusion.
Old 6th December 2010, 08:30   #1770
BHPian

Quote:
Source Amit Sarkar on FB

Attachment 463542
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Dude, that is very much an original Lamborghini Gallardo. And in reality, the Gallardo is a deceptively small car. About as big as a large hatchback like the Ford Fusion.
Oh, Ok!

Actually, I have more knowledge of LP640. Thats why I messed up.

Thanks for correcting me.

Regards
muditgrover is offline   Reply With Quote