Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 20th August 2010, 00:55   #1441
BHPian

saw a white jaguar at russel street.... now , who the hell is having that beauty?
lover_guy_001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 01:35   #1442
Senior - BHPian

Names of the car owners are usually not disclosed here.
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 12:13   #1443
BHPian

A suzuki Ignis?

Thats just wrong. Can we have some "real" imports next time.

Note from Mod : Please note the title of the section as well as this thread - it includes "imports". If you take no fancy to the imported car posted, simply ignore that post. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2010 at 13:39. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
GordonGekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 13:56   #1444
evo
BHPian

@GordonGekko

AFAIK, the Ignis wasnt made in India ever, so it is a real import.

Somehow, I thought imports meant cars that are Imported, but perhaps we Calcutta people have a different lexicon.

If you think imports mean exotics, they dont. Thats why there are separate words. (Realization dawning?)

As a car enthusiast, I`m even interested in the red accent that sports Bhutan plates with the korean grille that came to India only in the Viva model.

As far as exotics go, the S, Q5 etc are assembled in India, yet they`d feature here.

Sometimes, reading the thread title helps.
evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 19:43   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
@GordonGekko

Somehow, I thought imports meant cars that are Imported, but perhaps we Calcutta people have a different lexicon.

If you think imports mean exotics, they dont. Thats why there are separate words. (Realization dawning?)

As a car enthusiast, I`m even interested in the red accent that sports Bhutan plates with the korean grille that came to India only in the Viva model.

As far as exotics go, the S, Q5 etc are assembled in India, yet they`d feature here.

You can continue being as "technically correct" as you like, however it doesn't that the change the fact that you just posted a plain-jane car as a sorry excuse for an "import".
GordonGekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 20:01   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
@GordonGekko

Sorry but the Q5 and S class can definitely not be classified as exotics. That why it baffles me to see A4s,A6s,E classes even S classes featuring in some of the threads.
Yes the thread does say imports but I feel the members do need to use some restraint in posting pics of 'imports' which are just imports for name sake and actually no different than the cars which ply on our roads.
Baleno7811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 20:25   #1447
Senior - BHPian

Let me put it this way.We have a number members in Kolkata who do a wonderful job of spotting the few "exotics" we have in the city,and contribute to this thread.We like to keep our eyes out for anything that is unusual,we see if its a rare or imported car snap it and post it here.So please do not undermine the efforts of someone for posting a car which might not reach the "exotic" standards of others who used to seeing Bentleys and RRs swarming on their streets.
Old 20th August 2010, 22:31   #1448

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
there are 9 ferraris in calcutta?? are you sure? that must mean the city has the maximum number of ferraris for any city in india because not heard of any city which can boast of these numbers.

PS anyone spotted a lambo?
Mayank, Debo here..
I think you remember me showing you pictures of this very Ferrari people are talking about. Belongs to an acquaintance's grandfather. Nizam of some place. I saw 3 vintage Rolls Royce's at his place but they are very strict about people viewing their cars. The person i'm talking about lives in Alipore.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2010 at 13:18. Reason: Please see : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/11364-rules-strictly-followed-while-posting-section.html
DSarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2010, 00:16   #1449
BHPian

who else has spotted the white jaguar in cal?
lover_guy_001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2010, 00:24   #1450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lover_guy_001 View Post
who else has spotted the white jaguar in cal?
are you talking about the XF (WB06CXXXX)?? if that is the car, I see it regularly, twice a day.

the place is Ballygunge Circular road.
amit V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 02:45   #1451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSarker View Post
Mayank, Debo here..
I think you remember me showing you pictures of this very Ferrari people are talking about. Belongs to an acquaintance's grandfather. Nizam of some place. I saw 3 vintage Rolls Royce's at his place but they are very strict about people viewing their cars. The person i'm talking about lives in Alipore and his name is Sahil FYI.
The Ferrari of this Family you talk off is sold, the car is in Bombay. They had two Rolls Royces and one Bentley. As far as i have heard one of the Rolls Royces has been sold. They however if what i see is right the owner has bought another one, but it too stands in Bombay. Some people say he drives his friends car when he is not in town. Have to still confirm the truth, when i do get a chance to meet the owner.

According to my limited knowledge Kolkata has three or four perminent resident Ferrari's and not 9 like someone mentioned. Two cars i know of belong to people who also have their residence in Kolkata but the cars stand in other cities.

Last edited by speedy : 22nd August 2010 at 02:49.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 16:01   #1452
BHPian

Oh great!! Kolkatans having Ferraris but in different cities. Damn!!!
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 22:55   #1453
BHPian

Spotted a few nice cars last week, but couldnt take pics as I was driving.
1). White Audi A8. CH-reg. Spotted opp Park St police station. The driver was looking for a parking spot I think. Beautiful car. Keep an eye out for it!
2). Yellow VW Beetle. Spotted in Ballygunge. I had posted a pic of the same car a while back.
3). The usual Merc C and E-class', BMW 3 and 5-series', and a few nice A4s.
4). Saw a White Jaguar XF outside the Aqua Java on Louden St and a silver HR-reg in my lane, Ballygunge park road.

Off topic: I'v been trying to transfer a couple of pics i had clicked on my blackberry to my laptop, but it doesn't seem to be happening for some reason! Will post them as soon as I manage to get it on my laptop.>>>One of the pics contains 2 nice cars . Wait and see.

Cheers,
fordfreak
fordfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 23:57   #1454
Senior - BHPian

The white audi A8 is news,nice spotting fordfreak!I think the only other a8s in kolkata are in black and dark blue.
Old 23rd August 2010, 01:38   #1455
Senior - BHPian

@fordfreak: Nice spottings. Most of the places you mentioned are around my college and I never get to see any of them! :(
@avishar: There's also an A8 in a purplish shade. Stays parked in a building near my college
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote