Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 23rd August 2010, 02:07   #1456
BHPian

@shamik-Had seen the white A8 only once. Never seen it since. Since you would be in the area, could you try and get pics of the white/silver 7-series in Hungerford street? Its in the building just after the Saturday club's entrance on the left side i think. And there should be a Merc there too. You may spot the silver XF parked outside CCFC at times. I think it stays in the area around there,(seen it mostly there).
@Avishar-I've seen the black one ages ago. But A8s are very rare. Was quite surprised to see the white one.

Any one with more updates about the Lambo which is supposedly coming to kolkata?
fordfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 08:12   #1457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
@shamik-Had seen the white A8 only once. Never seen it since. Since you would be in the area, could you try and get pics of the white/silver 7-series in Hungerford street? Its in the building just after the Saturday club's entrance on the left side i think. And there should be a Merc there too. You may spot the silver XF parked outside CCFC at times. I think it stays in the area around there,(seen it mostly there).
@Avishar-I've seen the black one ages ago. But A8s are very rare. Was quite surprised to see the white one.

Any one with more updates about the Lambo which is supposedly coming to kolkata?
I had already posted pictures of that 7-series. Its a 740Li. See it everyday.Don't know about the silver XF, but the white one stays near Ekdalia. Shares garage space with an Aveo.

The Lamborghini should be in Kolkata around the second week of September.
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:42   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGekko View Post
You can continue being as "technically correct" as you like, however it doesn't that the change the fact that you just posted a plain-jane car as a sorry excuse for an "import".
@GordonGekko,

I just can't fathom whether this thread is for Kolkatan's to put up stuff they see or to explain to people who don't want to understand. I suppose it has been reiterated before and am going to say it again. Please do not make this thread a bashing place.

As comfirmed by evo, that Ignis is a real import. Even a couple of Mitsubishi Lancers which were directly imported from Japan by two people I know can be called imports because they were imported even before Mitsubishi even considered India. If people still can't agree then how is that we claim that the 1990's BMW 3 series sedans are classified as imports or exotics when right now the 3 series is sold widely.

By the way spotted a silver A8 3.0 TDi, 06E regn in chetla on saturday. Awesome looking machine.
NOS Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:40   #1459
BHPian

Guys News News!! Spotted a Black SL 63 AMG in the new Merc showroom. Does that mean it will be in the roads soon?? I wish!!
Also a Grey SLK and a CLS. Yummy!!!

@Shamik.. I wander which building you are talking about regarding the Audi A8.

Last edited by Pancham : 23rd August 2010 at 10:41.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:05   #1460
Senior - BHPian

i guess the building diagonally opposite South Point Jr School - the one which has a drinking water tap attached to the boundary wall.

I didn't see the Black SL 63 yesterday - the usual silver car was standing in the corner.

Oh! Snapped this yesterday - Pic editted / blurred keeping in mind vegetarians

Supercars & Imports : Kolkata-photo0038.jpg

Last edited by planet_rocker : 23rd August 2010 at 11:14.
planet_rocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:14   #1461
BHPian

I saw it(SL 63 AMG) at around 6 in the morning. It is amazing.

Last edited by Pancham : 23rd August 2010 at 11:16.
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:16   #1462
Senior - BHPian

The Red 500 has been idle since a year at Lexas - They should not have brought it here.

@ Bong Mallu - noskorignorekor

Last edited by planet_rocker : 23rd August 2010 at 11:18.
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:26   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
I had already posted pictures of that 7-series. Its a 740Li. See it everyday.Don't know about the silver XF, but the white one stays near Ekdalia. Shares garage space with an Aveo.

The Lamborghini should be in Kolkata around the second week of September.

Umm..It's the new gen 7-series I'm talking about. There used to be a Bangled one at the same spot before. It had been replaced with the latest gen one if I remember correctly.
fordfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:50   #1464
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
The Red 500 has been idle since a year at Lexas - They should not have brought it here.
I was checking it out just the other day, if they are willing to take a haircut on the price, they should call me!!
evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:51   #1465
BHPian

Yeah it is the same one shamik is talking about. It has a unique number plate too. The same person has a couple of Mercs and a Beetle.
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:23   #1466
Senior - BHPian

The SL 63 AMG is stale news. It's owned by Mr.Babi Nobis(official, hence disclosing name of owner). Search this thread for more info.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 23rd August 2010 at 16:26.
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:31   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
The SL 63 AMG is stale news. It's owned by Mr.Babi Nobis(official, hence disclosing name of owner). Search this thread for more info.
Hey Jayabusa, mercedes have brought the CLS 63 amg and the SL 63 amg cars to Kolkata for a week. Both are test cars.
anish9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:48   #1468
Senior - BHPian

I thought he owned a charcoal grey SL63AMG showcased at a Vintage Car show.

This one:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...7012010047.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...7012010050.jpg

Pancham was talking about a Black SL63 AMG

EDIT: @ Anish - TD cars? Do they let any one take a Test Drive?

Last edited by planet_rocker : 23rd August 2010 at 16:50.
Old 23rd August 2010, 18:23   #1469
BHPian

Yup I am talking about the black one which is "DISPLAYED IN THE SHOWROOM". I guess i am pretty much aware of the happenings in the thread.
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:31   #1470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
Umm..It's the new gen 7-series I'm talking about. There used to be a Bangled one at the same spot before. It had been replaced with the latest gen one if I remember correctly.
Yeah I'm talking about the new one only. Pictures are on this thread itself, posted by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys News News!! Spotted a Black SL 63 AMG in the new Merc showroom. Does that mean it will be in the roads soon?? I wish!!
Also a Grey SLK and a CLS. Yummy!!!

@Shamik.. I wander which building you are talking about regarding the Audi A8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
i guess the building diagonally opposite South Point Jr School - the one which has a drinking water tap attached to the boundary wall.

I didn't see the Black SL 63 yesterday - the usual silver car was standing in the corner.

Oh! Snapped this yesterday - Pic editted / blurred keeping in mind vegetarians
Its a few buildings after SimPark. Opposite the petrol pump.
@Pancham: The black SL63 is great news.
Also saw an old gen Bangled 7-series on Hungerford Street today, but weirdly it has a 06 regn.

Last edited by shamik.bose : 23rd August 2010 at 19:38.
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote