Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2008, 09:30   #16
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default

so theres a new yellow gt3 in the showroom along with the cayenne turbo (or is it a gts?)
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 09:46   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
S2!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,810
Thanked: 9,104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
so theres a new yellow gt3 in the showroom along with the cayenne turbo (or is it a gts?)
yup! i just saw it yesterday. the white cayenne is the turbo with skirts (as far as i know). has anyone noticed there are AUDIs Q7s and A8s parked outside the showroom trying to steal the attention from th PORSCHEs
S2!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 09:52   #18
BANNED
 
viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,769
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
so theres a new yellow gt3 in the showroom along with the cayenne turbo (or is it a gts?)
Akshay,

Make that 2 new cars in the showroom. One yellow and one black.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 09:56   #19
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Akshay,

Make that 2 new cars in the showroom. One yellow and one black.

Viper
cool. didnt see the black one. will see today. which car was it?
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 10:01   #20
v10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 793
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
so theres a new yellow gt3 in the showroom along with the cayenne turbo (or is it a gts?)
its a white cayenne turbo. there is also a white cayenne turbo in delhi (totalled) at the porsche showroom but has smaller 20".
v10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 10:08   #21
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
its a white cayenne turbo. there is also a white cayenne turbo in delhi (totalled) at the porsche showroom but has smaller 20".
but the wheels look so similar to the one on the gts.

edit - so the one in bombay is a turbo with 21" rims?
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 10:30   #22
v10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 793
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
but the wheels look so similar to the one on the gts.

edit - so the one in bombay is a turbo with 21" rims?
yup and extended wheelarchs too!
v10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 14:20   #23
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,200
Thanked: 2,086 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
has anyone noticed there are AUDIs Q7s and A8s parked outside the showroom trying to steal the attention from th PORSCHEs
Is Audi really playing these dirty tricks?


It might just be a coincidence S2. I doubt Audi would be this cunning and gutsy to street park two of their most expensive cars. Putting an A8 against a potential porsche 911 customer is stupid, if you must play such games then park an R8 (and leave those beautiful LEDs on all night )
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 14:26   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 399
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Ahem, Porsche owns 31% of the VW group, Audi's parent company... and it's trying to buy out the rest of the stock too.
So I wouldnt say it's dirty tricks or games.
ballkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 14:43   #25
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Is Audi really playing these dirty tricks?


It might just be a coincidence S2. I doubt Audi would be this cunning and gutsy to street park two of their most expensive cars. Putting an A8 against a potential porsche 911 customer is stupid, if you must play such games then park an R8 (and leave those beautiful LEDs on all night )
umm actually there are usually 2 a6s over there and an a8. i doubt its audi whose doing it just maybe one of the showroom people owns them? theres also a blue cayenne with blue rims parked regularly.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 14:44   #26
BHPian
 
SohailPistawala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 431
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

The Company that got dealership of Porsche in india, has also got the dealership of Audi, therefore a showroom near Worli is being setup.Since the showroom is not ready they are operating from the Porsche showroom, thats how we see Audis parked outside. Got this news from somebody i know at Porsche.
SohailPistawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 16:51   #27
v10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 793
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
umm actually there are usually 2 a6s over there and an a8. i doubt its audi whose doing it just maybe one of the showroom people owns them? theres also a blue cayenne with blue rims parked regularly.
whow ! you got to get us pics of that pepper..!! i can imagine how horrible that would look but still would like to see that. i know porsche offers it as an option but its the first i'm hearing of..
v10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 16:56   #28
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
whow ! you got to get us pics of that pepper..!! i can imagine how horrible that would look but still would like to see that. i know porsche offers it as an option but its the first i'm hearing of..
it would look decent but i think its the stock 17/18" rims on the cayenne s painted to the same colour as the body. had they been bigger im sure it wouldve looked better. will get pics though.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 18:58   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 36
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

here are a couple pics taken on Saturday of the Porsche showroom.
Attached Thumbnails
Porsche showroom in Mumbai (Peddar Road)-img_1256.jpg  

Porsche showroom in Mumbai (Peddar Road)-img_1255.jpg  

car_phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 20:30   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
aniguchisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

I've seen a burgundy Porsche in GK1 with matching 19" rims as well. Doesn't look half bad, but that's about it.
aniguchisan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pune gets a Nissan showroom and a new Mercedes Benz showroom vikrantj Indian Car Dealerships 2 30th November 2009 09:06
Experience with pics : Near fatal taxi-pedestrian accident on Peddar Road GTO Street Experiences 17 15th September 2009 18:14
Can we accomplish anything without a MORCHA (Peddar Road protest)? GTO Street Experiences 35 2nd August 2009 15:29
swift peddar suspension gemballa Shifting gears 0 6th May 2007 21:10
Porsche showroom in Mumbai manson The Indian Car Scene 12 23rd August 2006 09:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks