Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 9th September 2007, 15:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
i see what you're saying... but honestly, he already has more sales then he can handle. but i still see what you're saying.
I guess you're right. After all the cls here has a base aound 60. yet when you go to even buy a more basic then base model cls... you still only get it in the high 80's if not 90's. and if you mention the official price to them, which i've done... they laugh you out the door. i went to buy a cls 500 at the listed price of 82. came back with a car for 1.15. The hummer h3 at 85 is crazy but they are selling. so why not. the h2 is between 1.1. and 1.2.
The h3 is simpler since the car doesn't need conversion. but the price is completely different. it works out to about the same thing as having a lhd converted. abt 30k for a rhd or $30k for a lhd. the fine still applies since a rhd hummer isn't coming from point of manu.
good luck with importing your hummer speedy.
But why the h3??? i'd ather go for the new ml or x5. unless you're getting the new superchared h3!
liv2drv . if the cars are selling why not and that is why i did not say anything except a thank you very much for your time.
i am sure your cls 500 is not a base model and you can understand a price tag in crores for it.
the H3 is simpler and i did want to get the car converted as i feel it looses its originality and handling if not done right, you would be the best judge for ii since you have one on your H2. from experiences and feed back from a person i know cant call him a friend really as it is work related talks with him. his H2 has issues with the dashboard being loose and rattly, shudders in the steering coloumn. so i opted against it.
the H3 cause its not too big and bulky like the H2, a little bigger than the landcruiser 101. sporty and solid at the same time. my options are the H3, VW touareg 3liter diesel v6 and the Porsche cayyene S.am going to use it extensively for my long runs mumbai to vapi and daman. i have still not booked the car but was doing a feasability thing. no supercharged H3 for me wanted the normal liberty edition. i dont like the ML or the X5.
the customs are not an issue as it would come down under my export liscence and it does fall cheaper duty wise. if you do a company to company transfer it also is seen with a lineint view.
let me know which one according to you is the best out of the three cars. i felt the touareg was fitting my criteria.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 15:11   #17

Default Lexus ls460

This car has already been delivered in chennai.its black and is running for the last 2 to 3 months .grapevine says thai it cost 1.38 cr.one more is on the way for a software CEO.
mik5711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 16:19   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
I forgot to mention... any car available in India, like porsches, benzes etc... he gets them cheaper then the official price. Thats why he is selling more s classes then t & t.
How does he manage to do that? I am sure there has to be come catch to it.

Speedy- I suggest you get the Cayanne, i test drove the new one a few months back in Boston and loved it ! The engines very responsive and sounds awesome, got a feel of the suspension too as Boston roads suck...it ate up the bumps very well, i'd say definatly better than the LX470 which has a pretty good suspension too.
Also, could you PM me details of this export licence thing pls, as we export heavily and i have never really looked into using my licence for saving duty on cars. If it is possible i am gonna cancel my 5-series booking and we can get the cayanneS together

Last edited by Sahil : 9th September 2007 at 16:33.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 16:19   #19
Team-BHP Support

speedy - out of those id take the cayenne. but those are are getting common these days. also look at the q7.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 16:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Speedy- I suggest you get the Cayanne, i test drove the new one a few months back in Boston and loved it ! The engines very responsive and sounds awesome, got a feel of the suspension too as Boston roads suck...it ate up the bumps very well, i'd say definatly better than the LX470 which has a pretty good suspension too.
Also, could you PM me details of this export licence thing pls, as we export heavily and i have never really looked into using my licence for saving duty on cars. If it is possible i am gonna cancel my 5-series booking and we can get the cayanneS together
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
speedy - out of those id take the cayenne. but those are are getting common these days. also look at the q7.
thanks for the suggestions sahil and akshay.
my friends cousin had the cayenne S which i drove around bandra and later it was replaced by the Q7 which i drove too. the power of the porsche is unmatched, but since i would be doing long runs 300 to 400 kms a trip it would not be pocket happy. the Q7 i dont like at all (maybe there is something wrong with me or the colours of the car i have seen). its not that the car is not nice but when i see it it leaves me unsatisfied and if i own one ( gonna be my personal car) i would always be thinking what to replace it with ????. the touareg being a deisel has an upper edge.
sahil i shall pm you details of the export licence. you do not need to cancel your BMW but instead you can see if you can use your licence to bring it down.
PS - there is a second hand porsche cayenne turbo for sale at the delhi showroom if you interested
Old 9th September 2007, 17:32   #21
v10
BHPian

Quote:
How does he manage to do that? I am sure there has to be come catch to it.
he might be buying a fleet of mercs and hence selling them ahead
v10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 17:51   #22
Team-BHP Support

you can get the 3.0tdi q7?? or the 6l v12 tdi with 500bhpa nd 1000nm?
Old 9th September 2007, 18:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you can get the 3.0tdi q7?? or the 6l v12 tdi with 500bhpa nd 1000nm?
i dont like the Q7 so have not seen it at all but will give it a look. i get a discount on the audi also.
Old 9th September 2007, 19:18   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

The 5-series is CKD not CBU so i doubt the export licence will come handy here.

I agree with you on the Q7, the has a slight station wagon look to it which is not very appealing.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 19:24   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
i dont like the Q7 so have not seen it at all but will give it a look. i get a discount on the audi also.
why is that?? know the dealership owners?
Old 9th September 2007, 20:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The 5-series is CKD not CBU so i doubt the export licence will come handy here.

I agree with you on the Q7, the has a slight station wagon look to it which is not very appealing.

Quote:
why is that?? know the dealership owners?
i know the dealers in bombay so maybe i can work something out. never gave it a thought.
guys lets not forget this is a lexus thread and go
Old 10th September 2007, 21:00   #27
BHPian

[COLOR=black]Happen to see this car in last year's auto show in Boston.. the rear seats of this cars have massaging chair options. just push a button, the seat will act as a recliner and start massaging you ![/COLOR]
Superleggera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 04:20   #28
BHPian

This car is one hell of a beauty...i sat in this Lexus at the showroom here and it is sooo comfortable in there...and super silent..i guess Lexus is the only brand which makes the least noise while driving ( or i should say the most silent of all)....
cncity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 19:17   #29
Senior - BHPian

Default Lexus LS460 in Mumbai!

hey guys! i saw this Lexus LS460 at Bandra! this is first car in the world which parks by itself!Its one of the most luxurious cars in the world competing with the Merc S-class and BMW 7 series!
Have a look at these pics!
Attached Thumbnails
Lexus LS460 in India-dsc01419.jpg  

Lexus LS460 in India-dsc01418.jpg  

theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 19:48   #30
BHPian

Wow!! the car looks stunning in black. Thanks for sharing the pics. IMO, it resembles a lot to the Camry may be its just me, but surely it is, or may be because i have not seen the LS460 in flesh, and have a black Camry in the family

dhaval
dhaval is offline   Reply With Quote