Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2007, 14:50   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
i hope so too. if i remember right it is to be placed in the same bracket as the other imported SUV's that are in the market. so it could carry a base price of 40 lacs and above.
it should be in the same segment as X3 i guess correct me if i am wrong
if its above 50 lacs then i think cayene is a better option
i might be wrong

speedy do you what are H3's actual conpetitors internationally??
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:34   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
it should be in the same segment as X3 i guess correct me if i am wrong
if its above 50 lacs then i think cayene is a better option
i might be wrong

speedy do you what are H3's actual conpetitors internationally??
the Hummer H3 if brought here, would be placed in the same segment as the audi Q7, porsche cayanne, VW touarag, toyota landcruiser prado, volvo XC90 and any other i may have missed out.

amatmo i cannot pin point its actual competitors internationally. it would have to be SUV's in the same price range. cadillac, lincoln etc.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 19:08   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

then how much does an H2 cost?
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 00:08   #19
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 12
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi there.....this indeed is the same hummer that is/was seen in Bangalore. I have seen this vehicle from close quarters so am pretty sure its the same one.....
evoVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 01:04   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
then how much does an H2 cost?
the Hummer H2 costs around 55 thousand to 60000 dollars.
the dealer in delhi was asking around 85 lacs for the H3, so i guess it would be around 1 cr for the H2.
you would be able to get better information in the Hummers in delhi thread. i am sure liv2drv would have mentioned it somewhere.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 01:25   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

Here are the latest costs of Hummer's in India:

H3 - 65L approx. landed
H2 - 95L approx. landed

The Delhi dealer is way more expensive than the market rate.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 01:33   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Here are the latest costs of Hummer's in India:

H3 - 65L approx. landed
H2 - 95L approx. landed

The Delhi dealer is way more expensive than the market rate.
ishan are you sure of the price for the H3. i was thinking about the VW touareg. that is 50 plus the additional cost for the options. so it would workout to be around the 60 mark. 5lacs more for the H3 is not bad. this i understand is without registration and other costs.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 02:12   #23
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: london
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Well thats great as hummer is know available in scissor doors . I love their shape and hope to see it on road soon .
darsh39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 02:59   #24
BHPian
 
streetsdisciple's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 76
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

50 cent in the house.!
Man this guy must have pots loads of money ,a hummer with 26` alloys and vertical doors.!
streetsdisciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:22   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsh39 View Post
Well thats great as hummer is know available in scissor doors . I love their shape and hope to see it on road soon .
darsh39 the scissor doors is not a company fitment but an aftermarket modification. there are Hummer H2's in london.

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsdisciple View Post
50 cent in the house.!
Man this guy must have pots loads of money ,a hummer with 26` alloys and vertical doors.!
streetsdisciple you dont need pots of money to put alloys and verticle doors on your car . any person can get them done.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 12:27   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
ishan are you sure of the price for the H3. i was thinking about the VW touareg. that is 50 plus the additional cost for the options. so it would workout to be around the 60 mark. 5lacs more for the H3 is not bad. this i understand is without registration and other costs.
Yup, absolutely sure of the price Speedy. This is of course landed in Mumbai without registeration. Will give you more details over the phone.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 19:33   #27
BHPian
 
artofzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: VOCI-LHR
Posts: 735
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Yup, absolutely sure of the price Speedy. This is of course landed in Mumbai without registeration. Will give you more details over the phone.
Kerala dealer also quoted a price in the range of Q7,but this was after I talked to you.Hence I smiled and told him "low margin"
artofzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 20:40   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

in ACI they had mentioned H3 to be around 35 lacs
maybe it was without duty..
knowing the price from today i will surely see an H3 with more respect and also the owner as he has bothered to pay as much as 70lacs just for hummer brand when we could have opted for a better SUV like Q7 for mercedes GL class(not the G-wagen)
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 21:17   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
rocksterraghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,202
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Blingy blingy alright, but IMO the scissor doors are better left to super cars and the like. The Hummer's strong beat-the-hell-outta-me image is sacrificed.
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 22:35   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
in ACI they had mentioned H3 to be around 35 lacs
maybe it was without duty..
knowing the price from today i will surely see an H3 with more respect and also the owner as he has bothered to pay as much as 70lacs just for hummer brand when we could have opted for a better SUV like Q7 for mercedes GL class(not the G-wagen)
GM too had mentioned a figure of 35 lacs for the car excluding registration and other expenses. that was a long time back and i think they dropped the idea of bringing in the car.
besides paying for the brand the Hummer is also a good SUV to have. when they do come officially you can compare it with other SUV's till then it remains as the owners choice. i have allways liked the Hummer H1 and now the H3 dont like the H2 atall. so i would like to give preferance to the H3 over all other cars in the market only if it makes economic sense to purchase.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beautiful Garage Doors & Shutters - Zenith Doors (Cochin) Philip.Mathew Other Cities 2 26th May 2016 15:24
Industrial Scissor found in brand-new Punto's suspension! GTO Technical Stuff 27 12th June 2014 22:59
For the first time met a FIAT with 2 doors! comfortablywacky Super-Cars & Imports in India 54 25th April 2012 18:40
lambo doors on lancer V-MAX Modifications & Accessories 15 8th May 2009 11:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks