Check Speedrun thread for more pics.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2008, 20:23   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Yes.. It KA regd.
Check Speedrun thread for more pics.
I was at the Speedrun buddy.........I have seen the car in flesh and in action(9.5 sec.)
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 11:29   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadcontrola View Post
my first post!
got to this from SSC India -dreadathecontrols - .
Thread 'exotics in India'.Was a bit dismayed at the conspicious consumption visable but then maybe thats jst me being a prat.
to be honest its very interesting that a performence car scene is developing bharat side & that all of you seem to be based there rather than overseas.Or at least u say u are.
Having been into motor sport all my life & into india, been going their since b4 most of use were all born (!!!).But now it seems both things can exist at once.
Since i heard about the bombay speed run i realised things were getting good.
We have in my town of Brighton UK the oldest 'speed run' in the world,still run on public roads.
The 'brighton speed trials' has a fair smattering of modded road cars including sprint racers Gary Massinghams Skyline. - got there in the end -
he runs a 10.30.
Its almost immpossaable to get a road legal skyline under 10 secs.So those of u talking about 8 sec runs?
I dont think so.
All u guys with exotic cars ? U enjoy.Where do you drive them in India? On the new highways ?
Me, i got a 11 year old TDI, still good for 125 mph though.That I know.
cheers dread
Dread,
the answer to your question lies in the very first reply to you by 2_fast: "there is absolutely no concept of road laws."

Which means that as long as its running barely-legal rears and has a registration number (which it does), it IS road-legal. This is India!
isodope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 22:22   #184
BHPian

first of all its NOT a GODZILLA!!! its just a R33 skyline running a combo RB engine and no way in the world its making 1200 hp!! show me a dyno sheet! and i still wont beleive!
101 RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 23:45   #185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101 RACING View Post
... and no way in the world its making 1200 hp!! show me a dyno sheet! and i still wont beleive!
So how much do you think it is making ? - ie in order for it to be running low 9s on standard road (not a prepared drag strip).

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 00:28   #186
Senior - BHPian

@101 racing

People blindly making tall claims about the hp is not justified. But similarly people blindly rubbishing such claims is also not justified. Like Rehaan said, the car has already proven that its a serious machine. Running low 9s by a not the best (not bad either) in market driver in Mumbai itself proves a lot of things. Just go through the pics at :
CRD Gallery to have a startup and then read all posts related to it and then throw questions/doubts/comments.

Now coming to the 1200 hp claim, looking at where you come from, you would agree that even 900hp cars can beat 1000hp cars of the same make. Its all how the entire package is integrated especially when it comes to drag racing.
dipen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 12:54   #187
BHPian

Quote:
first of all its NOT a GODZILLA!!! its just a R33 skyline running a combo RB engine and no way in the world its making 1200 hp!! show me a dyno sheet! and i still wont beleive!
We are not here to make tall claims or prove anyone wrong. I was present during dyno testing in your country and I know the cars capability.

We raced the car at Eastern Creek in Sydney and to achieve the timings in India on street , speaks a lot about the car and the driver.
dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 13:13   #188
BHPian

@ dipen @ rehaan
If u guys do realise that running on a street and running on a fully prepped track is two different things ! everything is going to be totally different i.e 60ft times/launch etc. how can you guys even compare street and strip!
as far as this car and the engine combination goes , skylines with stroked engines running full dry sump set ups ,as you would know of their weak oil pumps! This car would just be making tops 800 hp on race fuel with nitrous!
I am not rubbishing here!! if only it was so easy to run 8`s and 9 `s then all the companies here in aus wouldnt be spending months on R&D and testing it ON TRACK numerous times!
AS far as CRD goes they couldnt get their biggest car GTR700 to go rite!!! then what would they do now?? claiming BIG HP and claiming times is two very different things!
Old 12th April 2008, 17:27   #189
BHPian

101 racing !! Are you quoting from the article in the magazine ZOOM ? The latest issue features the car on the front page with a detailed write up inside. They have mentioned on the cover page that she makes 800 at the rear wheels. Is that your basis of information ?

I think Jim and the boys from CRD have delivered a brilliant package. The car has performed and delivered in conditions she was not designed to perform.She did a decent run in Australia as it was not a race day, we were just testing and tuning. Like I have been saying,the car has still not performed to its optimum capability.
Old 12th April 2008, 18:44   #190
BHPian

nah mate am not quoting any magazine ! we do these set ups day in day out so i know what that car is capable of!!
i dont doubt the cars capabilities and as far as the conditions goes , all matters is the track temp! and bombay aint that hot !!
by the way what gearbox does it run??
magazines print what owners of the cars want em to print!!
an RB30 powered TORANA will be on the cover soon done by us too on zoom!

Also id
Old 13th April 2008, 03:06   #191
Team-BHP Support

Hi 101,

Quote:
@ dipen @ rehaan
If u guys do realise that running on a street and running on a fully prepped track is two different things ! everything is going to be totally different i.e 60ft times/launch etc. how can you guys even compare street and strip!
Umm ?
I was infact mentioning to you that the car did run in the 9.2-9.8 sec range on a street strip, which is different from a drag strip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
...ie in order for it to be running low 9s on standard road (not a prepared drag strip)....

Quote:
as far as this car and the engine combination goes , skylines with stroked engines running full dry sump set ups ,as you would know of their weak oil pumps! This car would just be making tops 800 hp on race fuel with nitrous!
I am not rubbishing here!!
Okay, so your estimation for this car is 800hp, which sounds in the ballpark for the 9.2-9.5sec timings since dominator says it was not being pushed to its full pontential for these runs, especially given the track/fuel/weather conditions.

Are you saying that it was probably near its full potential @ 800-900hp and that 1200hp is a bluff?

Quote:
...if only it was so easy to run 8`s and 9 `s then all the companies here in aus wouldnt be spending months on R&D and testing it ON TRACK numerous times!...
Your point being? that it was not easy for CRD to make this car ? ?

Quote:
claiming BIG HP and claiming times is two very different things!
Agreed, and i am sure we will also agree that times are a little more important than HP when it comes to performance on the strip.
In this case both (times and hp) were initially doubted, but then the times did the talking....

I feel like you might have missed that part, and hence you are bringing this up. Heres a video (on a street strip, as i mentioned earlier) :

cheers,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th April 2008 at 03:10.
Old 13th April 2008, 08:06   #192
BHPian

Rehaan , mate my point is that given a fully prepped track , it will not run a 9 straight away like it did on street! and its obvious that the car was running race fuel and nitrous in Bombay to run a 9 second pass!!
we have a suzuki swift that makes 300hp and runs 10s at speeds over 135MPH, so its power to weight ratio as well at the end of the day!
after looking at the video id say the car is still not properly set properly!! is it running an auto gearbox??
cheers

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th April 2008 at 09:05. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 13th April 2008, 09:13   #193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Rehaan , mate my point is that given a fully prepped track , it will not run a 9 straight away like it did on street!
What do you mean? I guess i am still missing it

Quote:
... and its obvious that the car was running race fuel and nitrous in Bombay to run a 9 second pass!!
Dominator has mentioned that himself. He said it runs only 116octane.

Quote:
... so its power to weight ratio as well at the end of the day!
Agreed that that plays a part, but as for the bhp figures, I guess for those who do not trust dominator, they can wait for the dyno charts (...indefinitely...?).

Quote:
... is it running an auto gearbox??
cheers
3 speed sequential air-shift if i remember correct and it hasnt been changed. Aslo mentioned by dominator in one of these skyline threads.

cya
R
Old 13th April 2008, 10:45   #194
Senior - BHPian

I think it has a 2 speed gearbox. Where the hell do you get 116 octane fuel?
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 14:49   #195
BHPian

Quote:
nah mate am not quoting any magazine ! we do these set ups day in day out so i know what that car is capable of!!
i dont doubt the cars capabilities and as far as the conditions goes , all matters is the track temp! and bombay aint that hot !!
by the way what gearbox does it run??
magazines print what owners of the cars want em to print!!
an RB30 powered TORANA will be on the cover soon done by us too on zoom!

Also id
Mumbai was hot when we ran the car mid afternoon. We never got the article printed in Zoom, we were ourselves surprised to read about it.
It uses a 2 speed Power Glide with an overdrive option.
All the best for your TORANA