Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:17   #301
BHPian
 
nikibusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vikhroli - (Mumbai)
Posts: 714
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

kbk_75 i am sure you would love to see this someday on your car.

nikibusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2009, 13:13   #302
Senior - BHPian
 
kbk_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 343 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You bet. I caught a brand new red M3 on the western express highway. Being r-i-p-p-e-d. Man, that exhaust note was to die for!
Melbourne Red, nice! I would really love to see that colour in the metal. The pics don't seem to do it any justice, the red looks kind of orangey in a lot of pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
kbk_75 i am sure you would love to see this someday on your car.

That exhaust does have a nice bass-ey resonance to it. My only worry with changing the stock muffler is that a louder exhaust may grate on my nerves when I'm not in the mood for the extra bark.
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 23:44   #303
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calicut
Posts: 12
Thanked: Once
Default

Hi KBK, How do you rate your M3's Manual Transmission? Need some Buying tips on E93 M3. Can you help?
KL11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 11:04   #304
Senior - BHPian
 
kbk_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 343 Times
Default

Hi KL! The manual tranny is fantastic, except for the slightly rubbery 1st -> 2nd shift that seems to plague many BMWs. You need to get used to it and then you do fine. Basically the shift from 1st -> 2nd needs a good deal more heft to be done quickly (or even slowly, for that matter).

There was never any doubt to my mind whether I would want an automated manual or a regular 6 speed manual...as good as the DCT may be (and I've yet to drive one), I want complete control and the added fun factor of just shifting myself!

Sure I can help, any other questions lemme know.
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 11:09   #305
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL11 View Post
Hi KBK, How do you rate your M3's Manual Transmission? Need some Buying tips on E93 M3. Can you help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Hi KL!

There was never any doubt to my mind whether I would want an automated manual or a regular 6 speed manual...as good as the DCT may be (and I've yet to drive one), I want complete control and the added fun factor of just shifting myself!

Sure I can help, any other questions lemme know.
A bit curious guys,

M3 needs Oct 97 right? Nothing else would do or Oct 91 is ok?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 11:53   #306
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,399
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
A bit curious guys,

M3 needs Oct 97 right? Nothing else would do or Oct 91 is ok?
97 is preferred , but 91/95 is just fine.
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 11:55   #307
Senior - BHPian
 
kbk_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 343 Times
Default

98 octane, actually for optimum performance!
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 12:05   #308
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Posts: 14,900
Thanked: 2,492 Times
Default

So do you guys add octane boosters?
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 13:08   #309
Senior - BHPian
 
kbk_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 343 Times
Default

So far I've only run Speed 97 since she was brand new. I bought a bottle of STP octane booster but have not used it thus-far and, with the monsoon here now, I'm unlikely to use it for the next three months or so!
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 15:49   #310
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,381
Thanked: 22,610 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
....I bought a bottle of STP octane booster but have not used it thus-far...
Did you get to see my reply here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1326511-post852.html (make sure you watch the video in the 1st link)

Let us know the difference when you use the STP....

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 21:06   #311
Senior - BHPian
 
kbk_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 343 Times
Default

Yeah, saw that vid...then again I met an M5 owner who swore that it made a world of difference to his car. We'll see...
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 21:12   #312
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,432
Thanked: 1,682 Times
Default

You guys have electrically operated vent for the rear window?

Mine is manual and a royal pain to operate.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 16:35   #313
Senior - BHPian
 
kbk_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 343 Times
Default

Rear windows on the E92 are fixed and don't open at all.
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 22:19   #314
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calicut
Posts: 12
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Hi KL! The manual tranny is fantastic, except for the slightly rubbery 1st -> 2nd shift that seems to plague many BMWs. You need to get used to it and then you do fine. Basically the shift from 1st -> 2nd needs a good deal more heft to be done quickly (or even slowly, for that matter).

There was never any doubt to my mind whether I would want an automated manual or a regular 6 speed manual...as good as the DCT may be (and I've yet to drive one), I want complete control and the added fun factor of just shifting myself!

Sure I can help, any other questions lemme know.

Thank you KBK for your feedback on manual transmission. I too feel that in a manual, one is far too connected with the car ! I have come accross BMW dealers carrying 2008 Model Year E93 cars & have found a different version of idrive in newer cars. What could be the difference? will that be the only difference in 2009 model ? Does it make sense in ordering a 2009 model(Manual Transmission) compared to the ones in Stock?
KL11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 02:40   #315
Senior - BHPian
 
kbk_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 343 Times
Default

Yes, you are correct about the 2009 cars having a different iDrive. The screen is higher resolution, for starters. Then there's the different iDrive controls. There is also a built-in hard drive so that you can upload more Satnav maps (not applicable to us) and MP3 music to the car's hard drive (applicable to us).

I'd say if you can get an '09 car, get one. If it's an '08 try to negotiate for a discount, since it's well into 2009 now.
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bmw ///M3 E92 Maverick5490 Super-Cars & Imports in India 116 30th September 2016 10:10
DIY: Oil Change - BMW E90 (E91, E92, E93) aah78 DIY - Do it yourself 13 9th February 2016 11:54
M shopping for my E92 BMW M3 accord masters Super-Cars & Imports in India 136 1st August 2013 06:57
She is home, She is Hot & Yes its Punto arishi1 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 91 13th November 2009 10:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks