Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 15:57   #166
BHPian
 
wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DXB
Posts: 261
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
I think that G-class straight deserves a place in the weird and wacky jobs page.Definitely.Definitely agree with you Bivin .No taste or class.
That is where I posted it first
wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 17:03   #167
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
OMG!! that is injustice man!! although ive lived in dubai for almost all my life, i have to admit that these arabs are flooded with money but still most of them have absolutely no taste!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
I think that G-class straight deserves a place in the weird and wacky jobs page.Definitely.Definitely agree with you Bivin .No taste or class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
That is where I posted it first
You guys drool over the Bright green Lamborghini Lp640 and i did not see anyone mention it needs to go into the Weird and Wacky jobs thread, So why does this Yellow G. The G is perfectly stock with no Mods except for the thicker tires.
Guys i have seen cars in India as well as abroad in the hideous of colours and i am sure you must have too. but at the end of the day it is the owners Choice. The Sheikh of Abu Dhabi has the brightest of colours his fleet of W126's that are in his car Museum and he says he is obsessed with the rainbow so most of his cars have it in some form or the other.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 17:58   #168
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Not at all; because yellow is not a colour of my choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
You guys drool over the Bright green Lamborghini Lp640 and i did not see anyone mention it needs to go into the Weird and Wacky jobs thread, So why does this Yellow G. The G is perfectly stock with no Mods except for the thicker tires.
Guys i have seen cars in India as well as abroad in the hideous of colours and i am sure you must have too. but at the end of the day it is the owners Choice. The Sheikh of Abu Dhabi has the brightest of colours his fleet of W126's that are in his car Museum and he says he is obsessed with the rainbow so most of his cars have it in some form or the other.
Speedy you right, when it comes to colour it is very much personal!
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 20:09   #169
Senior - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,730
Thanked: 4,764 Times
Default

@hani - Will you retain the Badges and the Emblem or go for the Brabus look ? i.e No emblem.
Scorcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 23:27   #170
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Ya I'll retain Merc badge & emblems.

Friends, y'day I was in B'lore & after my jobs done I spend some time to get some fittings for my G. Got Hella 3003 fog lamps 12". But couldn't get the winch. Can any body help me out to get a winch! Preferably in south!
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 23:47   #171
BHPian
 
akshaymahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 482
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

hanmust: looks rugged just the way its supposed to be.
could you pls put up a few pics of the interiors as well.
And also if you don't mind share the cost of the vehicle and its restoration.
akshaymahajan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2009, 03:26   #172
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Extreme off-roading videos:



hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 14:18   #173
BHPian
 
Salikt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Calicut / Riyadh
Posts: 283
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Hi hanmust,

Excellent selection. Our calicut roads really need something like that with a rough and rigid make.

Hopefully it should be the one and only in the city and sure that will make it a special from all other vehicles! Can you please disclose how much you paid for this one? Any idea how much will cost for a 5 door version.

Looks like that the guy is really struggling to do the paint job in that tight room...! Don't you have a packed, quality and professional paint booth in calicut yet??

Sadiq.
Attached Thumbnails
The rarest Merc: G-wagen-dsc00655.jpg  


Last edited by Salikt : 17th November 2009 at 14:26.
Salikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 18:27   #174
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salikt View Post
Hi hanmust,

Excellent selection. Our calicut roads really need something like that with a rough and rigid make.

Hopefully it should be the one and only in the city and sure that will make it a special from all other vehicles! Can you please disclose how much you paid for this one? Any idea how much will cost for a 5 door version.

Looks like that the guy is really struggling to do the paint job in that tight room...! Don't you have a packed, quality and professional paint booth in calicut yet??

Sadiq.
Thank you Sadiq! Where are you from Calicut?

I'm glad that it's the only G in the state!

I'll inform you the price through PM later.

It's a fully fledge paint shoppe with two dust proof booths. This is one of the best painting shop in the city. Even few dealers bring in cars here for painting. This photo you see here is just a intial coat of black to point out the small dents.

Last edited by hanmust : 17th November 2009 at 18:29.
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 18:55   #175
Senior - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,730
Thanked: 4,764 Times
Default

You getting new lights too ? Old ones seems done.
Scorcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 19:09   #176
BHPian
 
coloneljasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: KL-11
Posts: 682
Thanked: 227 Times
Default

Hey Hani.
I spotted your car at that paint shop a few days ago. My house is not far from there. I think the G will look fantastic in matt black, good choice. I haven't seen any G's in that finish, only a few glossy ones in Dubai & one in Windsor.

Anyway, looks like your car's coming along nicely. Do keep us posted...I don't drive by that shop very often . By the way, I'm back in Calicut now. With an upcoming German car retailer. (My avatar should give a clue)

Last edited by coloneljasi : 17th November 2009 at 19:11.
coloneljasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 13:35   #177
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
You getting new lights too ? Old ones seems done.
I ment fog lights. I'm putting 12" Hella.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
Hey Hani.
I spotted your car at that paint shop a few days ago. My house is not far from there. I think the G will look fantastic in matt black, good choice. I haven't seen any G's in that finish, only a few glossy ones in Dubai & one in Windsor.

Anyway, looks like your car's coming along nicely. Do keep us posted...I don't drive by that shop very often . By the way, I'm back in Calicut now. With an upcoming German car retailer. (My avatar should give a clue)
Hey, so you are back! Good to know that you are back & anchoring here. Two of the other promoters are my friends. Will PM more.

Thanks! I know your house, please have a look at my G when you pass that way & convey your suggesstions.
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 17:54   #178
Senior - BHPian
 
avishar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: kolkata/bangalore,india
Posts: 2,411
Thanked: 686 Times
Default

Hello hanmust sir i have been doing a bit reading up on the g-class recently.Is yours the W461 g-class?And what is the engine specifications?
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 18:28   #179
BHPian
 
Salikt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Calicut / Riyadh
Posts: 283
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Thank you Sadiq! Where are you from Calicut?

I'm glad that it's the only G in the state!

I'll inform you the price through PM later.
Hi,

Yah I think that will be the one and only in the state and so you can expect a lot of queries and watch out for a lot of anxious faces around you!

This G Wagons are not that much common on the roads here too...

BTW me from Kodiyathur, Mokkam.

Thanks,
Sadiq.

Last edited by Salikt : 18th November 2009 at 18:38.
Salikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 19:32   #180
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Hello hanmust sir i have been doing a bit reading up on the g-class recently.Is yours the W461 g-class?And what is the engine specifications?

My G is W460. Its 3.0L inline 5 cylinder diesel.
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which are the rarest and most valuable classic/vintage cars in India? Faster789 Vintage Cars & Classics in India 6 11th April 2010 16:41
The Rarest Yokohamas Of All v1p3r Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 11 9th March 2009 03:02
rarest car in india ram_hyundai Luxury, Imports & Niche 58 2nd April 2008 00:56
4X4 Attack...The G-Wagen in back.2007 G-wagen Spyshots. merve_extreme The International Automotive Scene 9 8th May 2005 18:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks