Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2010, 13:19   #256
BHPian
 
Dante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nasik
Posts: 374
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Nice car hanmust. It's beautiful!
Take care and enjoy her.
And wish you all a happy new year!
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 14:31   #257
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Wish you all a very happy & prosperous year 2010!
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 14:59   #258
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default

Hey Hanmust, have been following your quest for the G-Wagen and especially its drive from Delhi to Calicut. And now the after the paint, it does look absolutely awesome!
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 02:43   #259
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
So I guessed it right! It's the same G-class which was at Gurgaon. I trased the old thread in which this was posted earlier. Anyway this has not reached Kerala. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...-gurgaon.html. (Pics : Mercedes G Wagon in Gurgaon!!!)
Got the information about this G, it has not came to Kerala, but this one was bought by some one from Thiripur (TN)
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 17:19   #260
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

Mercedes-Benz India officially introducing the majestic G55 AMG in India by the first quoter of 2011. It's being priced at Rs.1.35Cr. My dealer called me & informed this great exciting news.
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 17:52   #261
Senior - BHPian
 
shamik.bose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 126 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

Don't you think that's way too high? When the Cayenne Turbo is priced much lower. And they are equally good offroad, I believe.
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 18:09   #262
PPS
Senior - BHPian
 
PPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,938
Thanked: 1,922 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Mercedes-Benz India officially introducing the majestic G55 AMG in India by the first quoter of 2011. It's being priced at Rs.1.35Cr. My dealer called me & informed this great exciting news.
There is a Black G55 AMG in mumbai,have spotted it twice.
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 20:45   #263
Senior - BHPian
 
avishar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: kolkata/bangalore,india
Posts: 2,411
Thanked: 686 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

I think they have a much smaller productions numbers every year than a Cayenne Turbo.They made by a specialist manufacturer in Austria(forgot the name),hence the high price.

But it will be a treat to see a few of these on the road.
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 23:35   #264
Senior - BHPian
 
Dippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 7,269
Thanked: 163 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Don't you think that's way too high? When the Cayenne Turbo is priced much lower. And they are equally good offroad, I believe.

I dont think the Cayenne Turbo is priced lower. As far as off roading goes, the Cayenne is no match for the G Class. The G is on a totally different level all together.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2010, 00:44   #265
Senior - BHPian
 
shamik.bose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 126 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

@Dippy: Sorry, then. I've been misinformed. But form what I've seen of the Cayenne, its pretty damn capable offroad. So, for the G-class to be on a different level altogether, it has to be really something very special. And I bet it is.
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2010, 00:54   #266
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,578
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

i think its made by Magna Styre in Germany
fx45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2010, 01:25   #267
Senior - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,730
Thanked: 4,767 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
So, for the G-class to be on a different level altogether, it has to be really something very special. And I bet it is.
This video is all yours to decide for yourself!
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 14:18   #268
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 101
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

Amazing vehicle you've got yourself there Hanmust. Totally love your dedication towards the restoration process . I also agree with you on the colour scheme. Forget about the Alto's, the Zens and the regular cars. This baby is way better than the Cayenne's and their ilk. Anyone who still wishes to dispute that are more than welcome to have a go in their off-roader on a track similar to the one posted in the video.

Cheers
Kartik Krishnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 20:00   #269
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I dont think the Cayenne Turbo is priced lower. As far as off roading goes, the Cayenne is no match for the G Class. The G is on a totally different level all together.
I dont think the G55 with its low pro tyres and all will be much better than a Cayenne Turbo offroad eh?
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 12:17   #270
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Don't you think that's way too high? When the Cayenne Turbo is priced much lower. And they are equally good offroad, I believe.
The G was built with the Purpose of serving the army and a go anywhere attitude. The Cayenne is a street based suv with a speed factor attached to it and not an all out offroader. The Cayanne S which a friend of mine ordered came to around 1.1 cr, So i assume the turbo would be higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
There is a Black G55 AMG in mumbai,have spotted it twice.
Correction two black G55 AMG's in Bombay (south and north).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I dont think the Cayenne Turbo is priced lower. As far as off roading goes, the Cayenne is no match for the G Class. The G is on a totally different level all together.
, But the question here is the G55 and it is just a little better than the Turbo for offroading. Speed wise the turbo takes it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
@Dippy: Sorry, then. I've been misinformed. But form what I've seen of the Cayenne, its pretty damn capable offroad. So, for the G-class to be on a different level altogether, it has to be really something very special. And I bet it is.
Light offroading as i would like to call it, then yes the cayanne is capable. When you go rough offroading, the the G cannot be matched out of the two cars in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Krishnan View Post
Amazing vehicle you've got yourself there Hanmust. Totally love your dedication towards the restoration process . I also agree with you on the colour scheme. Forget about the Alto's, the Zens and the regular cars. This baby is way better than the Cayenne's and their ilk. Anyone who still wishes to dispute that are more than welcome to have a go in their off-roader on a track similar to the one posted in the video.

Cheers
How could you even make comparrisions of a G wagon with Alto's and Zens...its degrading the G completly.

First please do find people with Suv's valued at Rs 10 lakhs and above who would actually offroad with them. I dont mean garden walks but the kind in the video. You would just probably find a hand full in India, I'm one of the hand full. These cars are going to be highway cruisers and city big boys thats about it. 1.35cr is alot of money to jump around with you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I dont think the G55 with its low pro tyres and all will be much better than a Cayenne Turbo offroad eh?
You hit the nail on the spot brother. V8 petrol, triptronic box and low profile tyres a no no for offroaders in India.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which are the rarest and most valuable classic/vintage cars in India? Faster789 Vintage Cars & Classics in India 6 11th April 2010 16:41
The Rarest Yokohamas Of All v1p3r Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 11 9th March 2009 03:02
rarest car in india ram_hyundai Luxury, Imports & Niche 58 2nd April 2008 00:56
4X4 Attack...The G-Wagen in back.2007 G-wagen Spyshots. merve_extreme The International Automotive Scene 9 8th May 2005 18:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks