Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2011, 15:20   #286
PPS
Senior - BHPian
 
PPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,938
Thanked: 1,922 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett_t16 View Post
saw this baby parked in juhu
it read G55 AMG///
I've seen that same car in Parle and Bandra. This is G wagen thread , there's another thread for G55 AMG in Mumbai!
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2011, 16:37   #287
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett_t16 View Post
saw this baby parked in juhu
it read G55 AMG///
Thats an amazing find. I love it in this configuration! Thanks for sharing!
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2011, 20:09   #288
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
I've seen that same car in Parle and Bandra. This is G wagen thread , there's another thread for G55 AMG in Mumbai!
Just thought i'd get it to your notice. A G55 AMG is also a G wagon, so no harm done if the picture of the G55 AMG is posted here.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 18:15   #289
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

The first official G55 AMG has reached plant, its black & expect that its to Mumbai. Information from a reliable source, but not sure about where its heading to!
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 09:14   #290
BHPian
 
Skyline GT-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dubai
Posts: 594
Thanked: 202 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

Congrats on the tasteful selection of the fancy number.

Kerala - Year (20)11- A G300....
Skyline GT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 14:46   #291
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Congrats on the tasteful selection of the fancy number.

Kerala - Year (20)11- A G300....
Thanks, infact I was waiting to get A G300. But (20)11 is your finding, I just ment my home town Calicut no. Anyway thanks once more for showing that tip.
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2013, 13:05   #292
BHPian
 
autobahner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MH 04
Posts: 81
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

Dear Hanmust,

Apologies for posting this here, but it seems your mailbox is overloaded.

First and foremost my belated compliments to your beauty. It really is a very fine piece of machinery. I too am an admirer of G-Wagen and have been on the lookout for quite some time. I am so sorry to bother you over this, but would really appreciate if you can throw me some leads or if you are aware of one on sale somewhere (preferably the short wheel base one, just like yours .

Thanks in anticipation and looking forward to hearing from you very soon. Please PM me at your convenience.
autobahner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2013, 13:39   #293
BHPian
 
spawnofsatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Los angeles/Mumbai
Posts: 707
Thanked: 83 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

Autobahner - You need to get in a long long line buddy !!
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 22:19   #294
BHPian
 
autobahner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MH 04
Posts: 81
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
Autobahner - You need to get in a long long line buddy !!
Yes, I can imagine. But can't blame me for trying eh
autobahner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2013, 23:12   #295
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahner View Post
Dear Hanmust,

Apologies for posting this here, but it seems your mailbox is overloaded.

First and foremost my belated compliments to your beauty. It really is a very fine piece of machinery. I too am an admirer of G-Wagen and have been on the lookout for quite some time. I am so sorry to bother you over this, but would really appreciate if you can throw me some leads or if you are aware of one on sale somewhere (preferably the short wheel base one, just like yours .

Thanks in anticipation and looking forward to hearing from you very soon. Please PM me at your convenience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
Autobahner - You need to get in a long long line buddy !!
Autobahner - thank you so much. Am not at all active in this forum, some one who noticed ur post told me about it hence I signed in to thank you. I'll PM you my contact; Spawnofsatan u too.
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 23:10   #296
BHPian
 
sasi405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 259
Thanked: 178 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

There is an '88 SWB G Wagen in Jaipur; belongs to someone I know. I think it's still with him.
sasi405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2017, 23:43   #297
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,880
Thanked: 3,265 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

Long time no see! Hoping that all the G-Wagens discussed in this thread are doing fine.

Saw a slightly buggered up G-Wagen today. Was a KA registered maroon color 4 door 300GD with a lot of AMG stickers.

I don't think it was a Trax/Bolero modified G-Wagen. Will try and get some pics if I see it again.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2017, 11:51   #298
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Long time no see! Hoping that all the G-Wagens discussed in this thread are doing fine.

Saw a slightly buggered up G-Wagen today. Was a KA registered maroon color 4 door 300GD with a lot of AMG stickers.

I don't think it was a Trax/Bolero modified G-Wagen. Will try and get some pics if I see it again.
Hi V12, I tried to send direct message but wasn't able to. I want to get some more details on this G. can you please share contact details on my personal message.
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2017, 18:02   #299
A.K
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: India.
Posts: 1,559
Thanked: 2,514 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Long time no see! Hoping that all the G-Wagens discussed in this thread are doing fine.

Saw a slightly buggered up G-Wagen today. Was a KA registered maroon color 4 door 300GD with a lot of AMG stickers.

I don't think it was a Trax/Bolero modified G-Wagen. Will try and get some pics if I see it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Hi V12, I tried to send direct message but wasn't able to. I want to get some more details on this G. can you please share contact details on my personal message.
Is this the car you are talking about? Also, there is/was one more darker maroonish brown old GWagen in BLR. Had pics but can't seem to find it.


Image source
Attached Images
 
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2017, 22:16   #300
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,880
Thanked: 3,265 Times
Default Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

Hello Han / A.K,

No, it isn't the red one. It's a dark maroon one with KA registration. The colour has faded and has lost its shine. I will try getting more details and pics when I pass by next time.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which are the rarest and most valuable classic/vintage cars in India? Faster789 Vintage Cars & Classics in India 6 11th April 2010 16:41
The Rarest Yokohamas Of All v1p3r Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 11 9th March 2009 03:02
rarest car in india ram_hyundai Luxury, Imports & Niche 58 2nd April 2008 00:56
4X4 Attack...The G-Wagen in back.2007 G-wagen Spyshots. merve_extreme The International Automotive Scene 9 8th May 2005 18:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks