Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 28th December 2007, 17:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

i too have seen this car mall in cbd belapur on the 23rd of dec., but from outside.
i was surprised to see it as there was no mention of this showroom on the forum. hence i asked the security guard when was it inaugurated and he said just 2 months back.

a red mini pajero and a few other cars were kept outside car mall. must admit the mini pajero was looking like a dwarf in comparison to the silver pajero kept inside. it was looking damn weird on the whole and it reminded me of the santro coupe from the weird and wacky mods thread. lol
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 21:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey where exactly is this showroom ?
CBD Belapur

I dont know which builder, but he also has a interior mall right next to the car mall.

Quote:
Saw the grey one in juhu. Its already been bought by someone.
No, its not the one i posted, i saw it today, it was still there.

P.S Also have taken pics of the Bettle but that was in Vashi.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 11:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Bikefreak, are you talking about baba dewan?
Dunno know whether he's 'dewan', only know him as the owner of Baba builders and have seen quite a few imports with him, including a couple of SBKs like the R1 and the busa. Unfortunately he only has a habit of collecting vehicles and hardly ever rides them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
CBD Belapur

I dont know which builder, but he also has a interior mall right next to the car mall.
But WHERE in CBD ? Which sector ? Is it close to Indulge, the lounge bar or closer to the Uran signal. Is it on the main road or in one of the by-lanes. Or is it on the other side of CBD ?
bikefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 13:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimster View Post
65 L? thats a whopping $160k+
This piece of junk is sold here under $40K-top spec and is discounted heavily.You can buy one for $30K.Its based on an aging platform that GM is about to discard (Chevy trailblazer).
Tend to agree with you. With gas at more than $3 per gallon in the US, Hummer sales (in all variants) have tanked. For example, Hummer sales in the US declined from 64596 in Jan-Nov 2006 to 50653 in Jan-Nov 2007. Knowing GM's practice of counting sales at point of despatch to dealers (thus sales figure may include unsold vehicles at dealers' lots) rather than actual sales, the actual customer sales may be a lot lower. In fact, GM is reported to be sitting on close to 1 year inventory of Hummer. In fact, Perhaps what GM will do is transfer all the Hummers sitting for months on its US dealer lots to India.

In fact, Hummer's Marketing Director Megan Stooke has recently said in Automotive News concedes that "amid volatile gasoline prices, the war in Iraq and growing environmental concerns, Hummer has come to represent an icon for all things evil."So a new advertising campaign called Hummer Heroes" aims to portray the brand's SUVs as a force for good. New TV commercials, along with print and online ads, show how vehicle owners and rescue workers use it to help others. In June, GM stopped making the big military-inspired H1. About three-fourths of Hummer sales are of the smaller H3.

In US, Hummer is now a poster boy for poor fuel economy. And now that US Congress is about to boost corporate average fuel economy, Hummer has a fuel economy problem too.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 13:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But WHERE in CBD ? Which sector ? Is it close to Indulge, the lounge bar or closer to the Uran signal. Is it on the main road or in one of the by-lanes. Or is it on the other side of CBD ?
Near indulge. When your coming from Palm beach, Croma will be on your right and then around half a km ahead on the left is the Total Car Mall, little ahead is indulge(food, drink, sound)

Last edited by BUSA : 30th December 2007 at 13:17.
Old 31st December 2007, 10:10   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent4ferrari View Post
GM is going to price the H3 at 34-40 lakhs.
Isnt it 25lac or so?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 10:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Isnt it 25lac or so?
Its going to be 40Lacs not 25Lacs & no diesel option
Old 31st December 2007, 11:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
In fact, GM is reported to be sitting on close to 1 year inventory of Hummer. In fact, Perhaps what GM will do is transfer all the Hummers sitting for months on its US dealer lots to India.
DUDE, this will not be possible as the ones sitting on the US lots will be LHD and the ones coming to India are RHD whichare being manufactured in the new GM plant in South Africa.
S600BENZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 19:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S600BENZ View Post
DUDE, this will not be possible as the ones sitting on the US lots will be LHD and the ones coming to India are RHD whichare being manufactured in the new GM plant in South Africa.
Fine that is good news and a refreshing change for GM from its past practices regarding Opel and God knows what else.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 23:59   #25
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's another H3 spotted by a friend :
Attached Images

v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 10:04   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimster View Post
65 L? thats a whopping $160k+
This piece of junk is sold here under $40K-top spec and is discounted heavily.You can buy one for $30K.Its based on an aging platform that GM is about to discard (Chevy trailblazer).
I agree, the H3 is a poor excuse for a hummer and is not so great a performer, I have driven one and interior space is cramped, it is also underpowered.

@Vasudeva - $3 days gone, I filled my car with gas for $4.89 (premium) today here in Los Angeles. I would be so happy if the prices fell to 3 bucks.

Last edited by spawnofsatan : 6th July 2008 at 10:12.
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 10:23   #27
F50
Senior - BHPian

I completely forgot about this H3 which was spotted by me. lol at Girgaum. It was U-turn in Girgaum lol.

Hummer H3 with pics-26062008289.jpg
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 02:40   #28
BANNED

Saw this H3 today. Look at how many lights it has!! It was right outside ITC GC.
Attached Images

Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 08:30   #29

Any hummer other than the Orig H1 is a waste of money in my opinion.
Mblova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 12:20   #30
Senior - BHPian

H3 is the most werid SUV ive seen,don't know why they came up with this pathetic design,H1 and H2 are so very beautiful,this is just a piece of cr**
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote