Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 12th June 2011, 14:23   #106
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Stolen cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Dont know if anyone noticed but the grill sure looks ONE 77 to me..
OMG that indeed looks like the ONE-77 under the covers!!! Whoa..I thought at least the 20cr beauty would be bought with all legalities. Sad to see such supercars in the horrid state. Someone please put a cover on that Supersports!
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 14:27   #107
BHPian

I think thats a rapide . One-77 was only a silver one that had come for the launch. I haven't seen / heard of any other one 77 in India. The color is way different from the one that had come for the launch.
smalhotra_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 14:33   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post
I think thats a rapide . One-77 was only a silver one that had come for the launch. I haven't seen / heard of any other one 77 in India. The color is way different from the one that had come for the launch.
The Magazines had mentioned of one allready sold and this is the car, brought in directly and not through Aston Martin India. Please do a google picture search for the Rapide and the one 77. The grill, rims and body line would tell you the truth. I have seen the launch car in person and can safely say this is the one 77 and not the rapide or any other model from the Aston Martin range.

Last edited by speedy : 12th June 2011 at 14:34.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 14:33   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont know if anyone noticed but the grill sure looks ONE 77 to me..
I did notice it! Even i feel that its a ONE77, i mean the front grill is so ONE77ish and so are the rims!

Last edited by shyn : 12th June 2011 at 14:35.
shyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 14:40   #110
BHPian

That is not a One-77. Notice the slit under the grill in the reference pic below. That has to be a Rapide
Attached Images

Ze Ztig is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 14:54   #111
Senior - BHPian

A hypercar like the One-77 should have cross drilled rotors, and if I'm not mistaken, it comes as standard with ceramic brakes. The ones in the picture are clearly steel. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that's a Rapide.

Last edited by shamik.bose : 12th June 2011 at 15:04. Reason: Typo
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 15:21   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
A hypercar like the One-77 should have cross drilled rotors, and if I'm not mistaken, it comes as standard with ceramic brakes. The ones in the picture are clearly steel. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that's a Rapide.
After poring over pics of the one-77,rapide and DBS,it can be safely said that is a Rapide.

Defining features is the grille,the outline of it,the mesh design,the sublte side lip spoilers.
Attached Thumbnails
Stolen cars in India-astonmartinrapide14.jpg  

Last edited by avishar : 12th June 2011 at 15:35.
avishar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 15:26   #113
BHPian

Quote:
The Magazines had mentioned of one allready sold and this is the car, brought in directly and not through Aston Martin India. Please do a google picture search for the Rapide and the one 77. The grill, rims and body line would tell you the truth. I have seen the launch car in person and can safely say this is the one 77 and not the rapide or any other model from the Aston Martin range.
Bro ! The guy who clicked the pics has told me ! He atleast can't be that dumb

+ Another BHPian has given a reference pic. So i think that's good enough
smalhotra_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 16:10   #114
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Its very much a Rapide it seems going by the reference pics. Plus a few pages back in the thread its mentioned that an Aston Martin Rapide from Delhi was among the stolen cars. So possibly it could be the same one.
//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 21:27   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze Ztig View Post
That is not a One-77. Notice the slit under the grill in the reference pic below. That has to be a Rapide
Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
After poring over pics of the one-77,rapide and DBS,it can be safely said that is a Rapide.

Defining features is the grille,the outline of it,the mesh design,the sublte side lip spoilers.

Nice pointers there, Ze Ztig and Avishar!
I too got carried away (looking at the grille and side lip spoiler and those humoungously flared wheel arches) into thinking that it is the One-77, but I stand corrected!
shyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 00:09   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
And the Rapide, I've heard of only one Rapide in the country which was here before the Official Dealer kicked into action was the the Concours Blue one which hails from Pune but this seems to be a dark shade of blue or black and hence I am a bit skeptical as to whether it was a private import or again one under the dealer's belt.
Before making this post, even I was it the thought that it was a One-77 but then the rims caught my attention and I realized it is Rapide ones. The huge grille under the covers is what plays games with our eyes But then again, why the Rapide? Isn't it an official import by the dealer?
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 12:28   #117
Senior - BHPian

Guys i stand corrected and she had me fooled under her covers . I had her personaly varified too by people i know in Delhi and she is the Rapide.

Last edited by speedy : 13th June 2011 at 12:31.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:15   #118
BHPian

Any idea where these exotics are being held up ? Would be great to go and see them in person to rest all doubts about the One-77, etc.
Anmol89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:45   #119
BHPian

Post Re: Stolen cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anmol89 View Post
Any idea where these exotics are being held up ? Would be great to go and see them in person to rest all doubts about the One-77, etc.
The person who has clicked these pictures himself has stated that it was a Aston Martin Rapide and not a One-77. He is quite aware of the difference's between both the cars and had also seen the badge on the boot. Hope that rests all doubts.

The Cars I think are parked in the compound of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence HQ at IP Estate.

Last edited by ShortShifter : 22nd June 2011 at 14:47.
ShortShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:34   #120
BHPian

Any idea what would be the fate of these vehicles? Like people will they also be deported What about the superbikes, heard the DRI also was on a crank down of the two wheeled beauties.
Twinn is offline   Reply With Quote