Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2008, 11:14   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,342
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S600BENZ View Post
Thats a very interesting question. Why would you say that?
Because elsewhere on the forum, someone had already mentioned around a month ago that this color was coming in and that the car is a stolen one from UK, as many of these are. Once it gets to India, who cares where it is from.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 12:47   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 2,035
Thanked: 315 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Hope people know that there is a 2 year waiting period for the Ferrari 430.
But one can drive out of a showroom right away when a premium is paid.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 13:28   #33
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,888
Thanked: 9,717 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Because elsewhere on the forum, someone had already mentioned around a month ago that this color was coming in and that the car is a stolen one from UK, as many of these are. Once it gets to India, who cares where it is from.
You refer to this post as quoted by mr Agent4ferrari. However some facts to note

Car in dispute arrived on sat

A4F mentioned on the 22 jan that the cars were stolen, how would he know?

a4f and National Motors are not official Ferrari Dealers - if one visits the Ferrari website, there is no mention of them at all.
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 13:57   #34
BHPian
 
R.P.M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 179
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

The F430 looks so much better in grey.......this one will surely stand out.....
R.P.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 14:12   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,342
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
You refer to this post as quoted by mr Agent4ferrari. However some facts to note

Car in dispute arrived on sat

A4F mentioned on the 22 jan that the cars were stolen, how would he know?

a4f and National Motors are not official Ferrari Dealers - if one visits the Ferrari website, there is no mention of them at all.
The fact that so many have suddenly started coming in puts even more doubt in my mind.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 14:16   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
snaronikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,845
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Awesome pics. I would have liked it in Ferrari Red/Yellow.

Last edited by snaronikar : 11th February 2008 at 14:21.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 14:34   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
spadival's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 1,770
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
You refer to this post as quoted by mr Agent4ferrari. However some facts to note

Car in dispute arrived on sat

A4F mentioned on the 22 jan that the cars were stolen, how would he know?

a4f and National Motors are not official Ferrari Dealers - if one visits the Ferrari website, there is no mention of them at all.
Hmmm... After the EPCG scam, Looks like this is an alternative scheme floated to get exotics to India.

If there are NO official Ferrari Dealers in India, where are the Ferrari's getting serviced? The least the official dealer should do is refuse to service stolen cars.
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 15:23   #38
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,888
Thanked: 9,717 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Hmmm... After the EPCG scam, Looks like this is an alternative scheme floated to get exotics to India.

If there are NO official Ferrari Dealers in India, where are the Ferrari's getting serviced? The least the official dealer should do is refuse to service stolen cars.
Who is the official Ferrari dealer ?
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 15:29   #39
BHPian
 
BAD 130Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london
Posts: 95
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Huuummmm !!!!
Get me the chassis number when one of yous taking a pic next time its on the steering coloum and you can clearly see it if a pic was taken of the dash from facing the windscreen and will be able to tell you if its 'Hooky' or not.
But that car is not brand new me thinks as the pic shows the tyres. I have bought new Ferraris and can pick the 'one 'out. It could be this car is used and imported into india

F430 has been the most popular car ever made by them . I use mine everyday and in the last 2 years never did it ever let me down. Its very user friendly and you can either potter around in town everyday or give it stick and thrash it.
AT traffic lights you can use LC = Launch Control to give that perfect kick down at 0=60 in like 3.8 sec.
BAD 130Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 15:41   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
spadival's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 1,770
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Who is the official Ferrari dealer ?
Maybe we should ask this agent4ferrari dude

I am not suggesting there are official dealers for Ferrari in India.. Just suggesting a course of action the official dealer SHOULD take in case of a stolen car.

Last edited by spadival : 11th February 2008 at 15:45.
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 17:12   #41
F50
Senior - BHPian
 
F50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mumbai/USA
Posts: 1,694
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Hmm, wonder if this one is stolen from the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Because elsewhere on the forum, someone had already mentioned around a month ago that this color was coming in and that the car is a stolen one from UK, as many of these are. Once it gets to India, who cares where it is from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
The fact that so many have suddenly started coming in puts even more doubt in my mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD 130Y View Post
Get me the chassis number when one of yous taking a pic next time its on the steering coloum and you can clearly see it if a pic was taken of the dash from facing the windscreen and will be able to tell you if its 'Hooky' or not.
But that car is not brand new me thinks as the pic shows the tyres. I have bought new Ferraris and can pick the 'one 'out. It could be this car is used and imported into india

Hmmm, interesting premise out there.
As far as i know, I was present when the car was taken out from docks. The car "seemed" new to me. I also checked the papers of the car, it mentioned the name of the owner and also came with full Ferrari-warranty, service et al. Also the movement of the car was registered through SatNav and confirmed to UK.

I wonder all these things do come with stolen cars?

If wrong, please correct me.

P.S. For the tires, Bad 130Y, the car did few rounds on the night when the car was delivered. The pictures posted, are clicked on the second day of the delivery, as it would be very helpful to member to drool on one of the most exciting cars available in the market and with such wonderful color. Im sure you agree with me on that part.
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 17:54   #42
BHPian
 
BAD 130Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london
Posts: 95
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Yes its not that big of a deal to get the docs made and warranty papers too. Most of high Performance cars get replicated papers of cars comming out of Uk and Ireland from South Africa. A bit complicated to expalin but if a average joe was to look at docs they would look as if they came from Ferrari UK. Need i say more.
BAD 130Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 18:00   #43
F50
Senior - BHPian
 
F50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mumbai/USA
Posts: 1,694
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD 130Y View Post
Yes its not that big of a deal to get the docs made and warranty papers too. Most of high Performance cars get replicated papers of cars comming out of Uk and Ireland from South Africa. A bit complicated to expalin but if a average joe was to look at docs they would look as if they came from Ferrari UK. Need i say more.
What about SatNav? Can that be replicated or something?
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 18:52   #44
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

So fireblader, this is the car that I saw on Saturday night, covered in the red Ferrari car cover and on that trailer?

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 18:54   #45
BHPian
 
nitroxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: DXB
Posts: 817
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Fireblader85...you're the best judge of what you are doing...and you don't need to give any clarifications to anyone. Enjoy the show brother!
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors) Bhushanrulz Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 45 26th July 2011 00:48
Pics/ Video : Ferrari F355 Spider-awesome..Ride in a F355 Spider - INSANE Dippy Super-Cars & Imports in India 97 22nd May 2008 13:47
Pics : New Ferrari F430 Coupe carbon fibre dash and cream interiors. Fireblader85 Super-Cars & Imports in India 82 23rd April 2008 03:00
Ferrari F430 Spider sridhar24 The International Automotive Scene 11 25th January 2006 01:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks