Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 21st July 2008, 22:15   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
ok i know the merc e class is a very common car. but in goa it is rare. so here is our e280 cdi.Please mods keep the name of the the thread same and goan please post pic of rare cars in "GOA".
Buddy, are you serious when you say that an E-class is a rare sight in Goa?!
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 12:41   #107
BHPian

Hi

Taking about Merecedes.

The other day a friend of mine from Mumbai had driven his benz ( E250D) to Goa. On his way to Goa the Wiper stopped functioning so when he reached they drove to the mercedes workshop at porvorim and its was shocking to him that they did not have such a common spare which was required to get the wiper working. The guys at the showroom were ready to help, but the spares had to be ordered from Mumbai and only then it was fixed. The whole process took 4 days.It was dissapointing. The same friend wanted to buy a new E-Class but he has changed his mind.
diasrohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 14:06   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diasrohan View Post
Hi

Taking about Merecedes.

The other day a friend of mine from Mumbai had driven his benz ( E250D) to Goa. On his way to Goa the Wiper stopped functioning so when he reached they drove to the mercedes workshop at porvorim and its was shocking to him that they did not have such a common spare which was required to get the wiper working. The guys at the showroom were ready to help, but the spares had to be ordered from Mumbai and only then it was fixed. The whole process took 4 days.It was dissapointing. The same friend wanted to buy a new E-Class but he has changed his mind.
You can't really blame them for not having spares of a model that was discontinued almost a decade ago !
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 15:06   #109
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Half of the exotics you see in the other threads(bangalore,mumbai,etc) come to Goa often. Does that make them "Exotics in Goa"?
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 18:53   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Half of the exotics you see in the other threads(bangalore,mumbai,etc) come to Goa often. Does that make them "Exotics in Goa"?

The thread title says "Exotics Spotted in Goa". So if you spot one in goa guess it can be posted here no matter where it came from
blip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 20:52   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blip View Post
The thread title says "Exotics Spotted in Goa". So if you spot one in goa guess it can be posted here no matter where it came from
Yeah, I agree, but all I can say is, guys please stop posting pics of the normal C-class, E-class, S-class i.e. non-Brabus, non-/////AMG, normal 3-series, 5-series i.e. non-M and 7-series and LX470's and Prados.

I think posting pics of these is equivalent to spamming the board.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 24th July 2008 at 20:53.
Old 25th July 2008, 21:41   #112
BHPian

Jayabusa yes it is rare to spot a e class.there maybe just 6-7.the mercedes showroom here is horrible.i would not even call it a showroom,more like a garage.

Last edited by indra_slk : 25th July 2008 at 21:44.
indra_slk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2008, 01:11   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jayabusa yes it is rare to spot a e class.there maybe just 6-7.the mercedes showroom here is horrible.i would not even call it a showroom,more like a garage.
That is indeed sad buddy. If that's the case, Goa Bhpians please feel free to post pics of cars I have mentioned in my previous post. Please go ahead and enjoy posting pics on your thread. We guys outside Goa get to see these cars regularly and get bugged on seeing pics of the same on the forum. Honestly, I did not intend to hurt the sentiments of any fellow Bhpians.

Regards
Old 26th July 2008, 11:21   #114
BHPian

Guys, just recently my frind was again to Goa on Business and he unfortunately had to again Visit the MB workshop in Porvorim. What he seen there was a latest S class and 2 M-Class Suvs.The dope is that the M-Class vehicles belong to 2 of the prominent mining houses in Goa. Any news guys ??
diasrohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2008, 15:10   #115
BHPian

yes jayabusa that is what i am trying to say.even if a e-class or 5 series passes us,we always wonder who it belong to.diasroshan there are two m-classes in goa. on is a black which is owned by a hotelier.there is also a white porsche cayenne.i saw it the other day and it was in the opposite direction and was going very fast.

Last edited by indra_slk : 26th July 2008 at 15:13.
indra_slk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2008, 16:51   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am sure there are more than 6-7 E classe' in Goa. A close friends family has a major chunk of E's in Vasco.

Btw, did you know that Goa had one of the first Mercedes dealerships in India? It was owned by N.D. Naik and was close to Borim somewhere if my memory is right.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2008, 22:59   #117
Senior - BHPian

there are certainly many e classes in goa
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2008, 23:14   #118
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys this thread is not about arguing whether an E Class or a Landcruiser is an exotic or not. If you didnt know, at the time Team-BHP was formed in Feb 2004 this section was called Supercars in India. Back then even a Celica or a BMW or an A Class or a Rover Mini was listed in the Supercars section.

Do one thing : Go to the "Super-Cars & Imports in India " section and check out the "Last Page" which date back to March 2004 and check the topics backwards. If you see the cars we considered as "Supercars" in those times you would laugh your heart out. But then in 2004 things were different and sportscars / imports were very rare and hence these cars were like "Supercars" to us.

The same is the current situation in Goa where imports are rare and the very sight of a Landcruiser or a Merc (which are commom in large cities) makes one excited to term it as a Supercar. One cities supercar could be another cities regular import.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Goa-page.jpg  

v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2008, 09:06   #119
BHPian

I'd say let the Goa guys decide what are to be called as exotics and what are not, in their own city!
torqueunlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 13:41   #120
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blip View Post
LOL ok who has seen the Unimog lying in Vasco port? Is it still there? It was an ambulance covered with plastic sheets. Stood in the same place for 4-5 years. This was around 2002-03.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote