Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2008, 18:24   #226
v10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 793
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
maybe the car is outside india but he would take the responsibility of importing it if he
find some buyer interested in india

you see that happens many times
the 599 cost upwards of 1,000,000 USD atleast after clearing customs, so the car is most probably outside india if he hasnt found a buyer as yet. most of the car dealers i know dont have the bucks, ***** or guts to import one without advances. thay are sensible enough to find a buyer first. But the 599 is the ultimate, most perfect ferrari. and after you see the car in flesh, then you realise that the traditional ferrari designs have really come back. and so has the price ^^^^
i think a guy on the forum carlover (saurabh) has this car for sale with him...

Last edited by v10 : 7th March 2008 at 18:29.
v10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 00:08   #227
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,389
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
the 599 cost upwards of 1,000,000 USD atleast after clearing customs, so the car is most probably outside india if he hasnt found a buyer as yet. most of the car dealers i know dont have the bucks, ***** or guts to import one without advances. thay are sensible enough to find a buyer first. But the 599 is the ultimate, most perfect ferrari. and after you see the car in flesh, then you realise that the traditional ferrari designs have really come back. and so has the price ^^^^
i think a guy on the forum carlover (saurabh) has this car for sale with him...

The 599? It costs about the same as the LP.. MSRP: $264,034 - $273,845

In India, it would cost the same as the LP.. Around 3.22 cr.
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 07:28   #228
v10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 793
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
The 599? It costs about the same as the LP.. MSRP: $264,034 - $273,845

In India, it would cost the same as the LP.. Around 3.22 cr.
ya you're right but like the gt-r , audi r8 and even the 1967 mustang! etc etc. in these cases demand exceeds supply big time and hence people are paying a lot more over msrp. so its difficult to find one at msrp but ya , while clearing customs he'd only pay duty on that 273k. so then its more like 700k

Last edited by v10 : 8th March 2008 at 07:33.
v10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 23:00   #229
Senior - BHPian
 
aniguchisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,021
Thanked: 110 Times
Default

The bump with the markup is currently around $400k. UK ones are retailing at 220k. It's going to be around the $800k mark, easy.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 17:07   #230
v10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 793
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

at the vv pump the following cars were there today : -- Black GL, Black Q7, Black S class, Silver Rangie, Porsche 911, Grey 650i but the real reason why i'm posting is because i saw this huge saloon under covers, just had a quick look but from what i could make out it looked like a maybach!
if it indeed is a maybach, then is it the first in delhi???
v10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 21:09   #231
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
at the vv pump the following cars were there today : -- Black GL, Black Q7, Black S class, Silver Rangie, Porsche 911, Grey 650i but the real reason why i'm posting is because i saw this huge saloon under covers, just had a quick look but from what i could make out it looked like a maybach!
if it indeed is a maybach, then is it the first in delhi???

sounds great,hope someone can visit the pump and get us some pics
i hope its a maybach


BTW guys ,is it true that the maybach would be cheaper if directly imported than buying from daimbler benz india?
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 22:08   #232
v10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 793
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
sounds great,hope someone can visit the pump and get us some pics
i hope its a maybach


BTW guys ,is it true that the maybach would be cheaper if directly imported than buying from daimbler benz india?
yes, obviously.. for example i think t & t motors gets about 5 lakhs for each s500, and the rest of the profit goes to daimler india but if one gets one from the dealer it will cost less since the dealer will take less commision if negotiated properly..
but anyways

buying a car from an authorised car dealership = buying a sony music system from a sony world store


buying a car (already launched in india) from a casual car dealer = buying a sony music system from pallika bazaar

thats just based on my experiences.. others might disagree

Last edited by v10 : 11th March 2008 at 22:17.
v10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 22:47   #233
Senior - BHPian
 
1Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago/Delhi
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
ya you're right but like the gt-r , audi r8 and even the 1967 mustang! etc etc. in these cases demand exceeds supply big time and hence people are paying a lot more over msrp. so its difficult to find one at msrp but ya , while clearing customs he'd only pay duty on that 273k. so then its more like 700k
I can get you one for 100Gs over MSRP probably even lower in the US and in Europe, the price gouging is less, its only the absurd dentists and lawyers who know squat about cars buy cars with 100k markups, sensible ppl had placed orders and are getting @ MSRP, its all about understanding what you want and when you want.

As for the price of 599, i doubt you will have to pay more than 3.5cr landed in india, its much much cheaper than the LP in the US(comparing MSRP to MSRP).

BTW I can get you atleast 10 GT-Rs with as low as 3000 markup and about the same @ 5000 markup, so the markups on GT-Rs are high if you dont want to do any legwork.

Last edited by 1Day : 11th March 2008 at 22:50.
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 22:53   #234
Senior - BHPian
 
1Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago/Delhi
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
sounds great,hope someone can visit the pump and get us some pics
i hope its a maybach


BTW guys ,is it true that the maybach would be cheaper if directly imported than buying from daimbler benz india?
I dont know what the maybach price would be in india but it would be 350k Euro * 2.25 landed which is about 775k or just under 5cr if anyone is stupid to pay MSRP for a maybach. They are going for much less.
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 22:55   #235
Senior - BHPian
 
1Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago/Delhi
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
The 599? It costs about the same as the LP.. MSRP: $264,034 - $273,845

In India, it would cost the same as the LP.. Around 3.22 cr.
LP MSRP is about 330-360k in US, i spoke with bagla and he mention that LP is about 600 US in india which makes it about 2.4cr, thats probably base and then 100 grand worth of options and tax title will put in 3.0-3.2cr range so makes sense
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2008, 00:04   #236
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
I dont know what the maybach price would be in india but it would be 350k Euro * 2.25 landed which is about 775k or just under 5cr if anyone is stupid to pay MSRP for a maybach. They are going for much less.

i believe a maybach 62 costs 6 crores in india through the daimbler benz india

so just below 5 crs is great, (you dont mean maybach 57 do you?)
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2008, 00:32   #237
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,999
Thanked: 271 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
As for the price of 599, i doubt you will have to pay more than 3.5cr landed in india, its much much cheaper than the LP in the US(comparing MSRP to MSRP).
Does anyone have a web link for MSRP prices for cars ranging from GT-R to Veyron.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2008, 00:43   #238
Senior - BHPian
 
Nitin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,301
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Does anyone have a web link for MSRP prices for cars ranging from GT-R to Veyron.
Takes a bit of practice,but I find New Car Prices, Used Car Pricing, Car Reviews by Edmunds Car Buying Guide to be the best place for car prices & details.
Or New Car Prices | Used Car Values - Official Kelley Blue Book Site
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 17:51   #239
aZa
Senior - BHPian
 
aZa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Noida / Delhi
Posts: 1,595
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Today while going to N block in GK i saw.......
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Delhi-spotting.jpg  

aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 18:15   #240
Distinguished - BHPian
 
manishasrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 4,447
Thanked: 5,423 Times
Default

wow.. nice pic :-).
which aston martin is it??
manishasrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercars & Imports : Kerala hanmust Super-Cars & Imports in India 8549 2nd December 2016 08:06
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore ajmat Super-Cars & Imports in India 14325 27th November 2016 18:59
Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh manikjeet Super-Cars & Imports in India 1646 26th November 2016 21:27
Supercars & Imports : Pune karlosdeville Super-Cars & Imports in India 2387 19th November 2016 12:38
Supercars & Imports : Kolkata shuvc Super-Cars & Imports in India 3186 17th November 2016 09:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks