Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2009, 19:34   #1666
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 138
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

@ml.Congrats on the Turbo. Appreciate your patience.Can imagine you turning left out of your front gate,foot flat down for a bit, quick left floor it again, three sides of the square done, back home in a flash. Just an action replay of the shortest test ride ever in a Carrera, but one I will never forget. Now, it will feel even better for you in the Turbo. God bless and Godspeed.
911987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 20:21   #1667
Senior - BHPian
 
shamik.bose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Congratulations on a fantastic car bro. Can we have some high-res pics and a video review? Nice colour too. Have fun and drive safe.
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 20:31   #1668
BHPian
 
mlcarrera's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: chennai, Tn,INDIA
Posts: 237
Thanked: 74 Times
Default

thank you 911987 and the rest of the gang, its a 997mrk 1. its 480 bhp twin turbo, actually jeremy in one of the interviews confessed that the mrk 1 had a better engine growl than the mark2 997..some thing similar to what porschfiles felt when from air cooled the engines became liquid cooled. but No doubt things get better and better , but to push this one hard itself will be an issue in chennai

much lower than my old carrera, 0 to 100 is in 3.7 sec, its got the sports chrono package and boy it moves.

the gt2 for me will be an over kill, costlier, even lower and a lot more hardcore, i guess i find the right balance in the turbo , its got all the comforts, goes fast, that does the trick for me.

was tempted for a bit to do a lambo , but i realized its the porsche that will be good for me
cheers
mlcarrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 20:59   #1669
BHPian
 
MutantX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 868
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

mlcarrera! wonderful buy! and you have my dream car! drive her safe and dont take her until every drop of rain water drains in chennai!!!
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 21:03   #1670
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,389
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

MutantX, it is an all wheel drive car and I am sure he is more than safe driving in rain. Lolz.
ecksreturns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 15:09   #1671
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcarrera View Post
thank you 911987 and the rest of the gang, its a 997mrk 1. its 480 bhp twin turbo, actually jeremy in one of the interviews confessed that the mrk 1 had a better engine growl than the mark2 997..some thing similar to what porschfiles felt when from air cooled the engines became liquid cooled. but No doubt things get better and better , but to push this one hard itself will be an issue in chennai

much lower than my old carrera, 0 to 100 is in 3.7 sec, its got the sports chrono package and boy it moves.

the gt2 for me will be an over kill, costlier, even lower and a lot more hardcore, i guess i find the right balance in the turbo , its got all the comforts, goes fast, that does the trick for me.

was tempted for a bit to do a lambo , but i realized its the porsche that will be good for me
cheers
Congratulations brother. I see your patience and clear non wavering vision did pay off after all. Very happy for you and drive safe.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 17:05   #1672
BHPian
 
xtremeshock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 337
Thanked: 72 Times
Default

Oh WOW!!
Heartiest congratulations to you mlcarrera. Hope to see your ride at the track someday.
xtremeshock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 19:07   #1673
BHPian
 
preetam_KORG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 701
Thanked: 374 Times
Default

Great choice and great car mlcarrera. Congratulations!
preetam_KORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 23:12   #1674
BHPian
 
Nitronium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 391
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcarrera View Post
was tempted for a bit to do a lambo , but i realized its the porsche that will be good for me
cheers
*sigh* the choices some people have to make.

LOL! Enjoy the ride man!
Nitronium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 07:09   #1675
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronium View Post
*sigh* the choices some people have to make.

LOL! Enjoy the ride man!
Lol.Difficult choice to make.
The lp560-4 would have also been a very good choice .But i do admit its not as civilized as the porsche.But again having a loud v10 screaming at ur back everytime u blip the throttle.WOW.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 10th November 2009, 14:23   #1676
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7,892
Thanked: 5,568 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcarrera View Post
thank you 911987 and the rest of the gang, its a 997mrk 1. its 480 bhp twin turbo, actually jeremy in one of the interviews confessed that the mrk 1 had a better engine growl than the mark2 997..some thing similar to what porschfiles felt when from air cooled the engines became liquid cooled. but No doubt things get better and better , but to push this one hard itself will be an issue in chennai

much lower than my old carrera, 0 to 100 is in 3.7 sec, its got the sports chrono package and boy it moves.

the gt2 for me will be an over kill, costlier, even lower and a lot more hardcore, i guess i find the right balance in the turbo , its got all the comforts, goes fast, that does the trick for me.

was tempted for a bit to do a lambo , but i realized its the porsche that will be good for me
cheers
The growl was lost when Porsche introduced Direct Injection. Although you do get around 20-30 more bhp, the trade off is the sound which isn't really that inspiring. The same goes with the new Mk-II 997 Carrera.

The GT2 would've been unnecessary really, unless you had track days planned (in that case, the GT3 would've made sense too) Rear wheel drive, manual (only) tranny and no creature comforts would make the GT2 pretty hard to live with on a day to day basis. The Turbo was and is the right choice mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Lol.Difficult choice to make.
The lp560-4 would have also been a very good choice .But i do admit its not as civilized as the porsche.But again having a loud v10 screaming at ur back everytime u blip the throttle.WOW.
A Porsche, particularly a 911, is a car that one would go in for if they want to drive it on a regular basis, yet want all the power they need. It blends practicality and performance oh so perfectly. A Lamborghini is not made the same way. One would buy a Lamborghini to enjoy it in the weekends. Saturdays and Sundays would be the only days of the week when the owner would get to hear the glorious V10. But if he were to make it a daily driver, the sensation that the screaming exhaust provides would be lost. Although it does sound great and does tingle every part of ones body when heard, listening to the drone on a regular, everyday basis would give you a terrible headache at the end of the day. Only people driving it everyday would understand. Listening to the exhaust once in a while would make it all the more special!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th November 2009 at 14:32.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 14:58   #1677
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,389
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
A Porsche, particularly a 911, is a car that one would go in for if they want to drive it on a regular basis, yet want all the power they need. It blends practicality and performance oh so perfectly. A Lamborghini is not made the same way. One would buy a Lamborghini to enjoy it in the weekends. Saturdays and Sundays would be the only days of the week when the owner would get to hear the glorious V10. But if he were to make it a daily driver, the sensation that the screaming exhaust provides would be lost. Although it does sound great and does tingle every part of ones body when heard, listening to the drone on a regular, everyday basis would give you a terrible headache at the end of the day. Only people driving it everyday would understand. Listening to the exhaust once in a while would make it all the more special!
Uhm , the Lp560 was made to be like a daily driver. The only issues it has is of getting too much attention as compared to the Turbo. With the stock exhaust there is no drone on the 560 or the 640 and Audi did a fantastic job with the 560 interior. Very comfortable. This just my general observation as I have driven/owned both brands and driven both the 997.1 turbo and the 560.
ecksreturns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 15:01   #1678
BHPian
 
Sudan_NFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 760
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Guys I saw an H2 Hummer in Velacherry in stranding in front of Sony show room(velacherry -Tharaimani road) at 11 PM.I could not able to take pics since it was very dark at that place and i was in a cab.So guys in velacherry be ready to capture an H2 .

Last edited by Sudan_NFS : 10th November 2009 at 15:02.
Sudan_NFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 15:08   #1679
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7,892
Thanked: 5,568 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Lol.Difficult choice to make.
The lp560-4 would have also been a very good choice .But i do admit its not as civilized as the porsche. But again having a loud v10 screaming at ur back everytime u blip the throttle.WOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Uhm , the Lp560 was made to be like a daily driver. The only issues it has is of getting too much attention as compared to the Turbo. With the stock exhaust there is no drone on the 560 or the 640 and Audi did a fantastic job with the 560 interior. Very comfortable. This just my general observation as I have driven/owned both brands and driven both the 997.1 turbo and the 560.
With all due respects to Lamborghini (I'd rank them 2nd highest in my list) A Gallardo LP-560-4 or a Murcielago LP640 is no where close to being as practical as a Porsche and there is no denying that. I know that the LP-560-4 is easier to live with than most other Lamborghinis but as easy or easier than a Porsche? Yes, Audi has done a fantastic job with the interior but it's a strict 2 seater. The 997 Turbo on the other had is a 2+2. The interiors might be comfortable but that doesn't make it practical. A Bentley Continental GT might be comfortable, but it doesn't mean it's practical! The LP-560-4 would make a good daily driver but not in India definitely! And
Quote:
But again having a loud v10 screaming at ur back everytime u blip the throttle.
would you like to have this everyday or only on occasions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
Guys I saw an H2 Hummer in Velacherry in stranding in front of Sony show room(velacherry -Tharaimani road) at 11 PM.I could not able to take pics since it was very dark at that place and i was in a cab.So guys in velacherry be ready to capture an H2 .
What colour was it? The H2 has immense presence on the road. Few SUVs can match it on that. Those who spot imports on a regular basis in Chennai; how many H2s are there?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th November 2009 at 15:15.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 16:01   #1680
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The growl was lost when Porsche introduced Direct Injection. Although you do get around 20-30 more bhp, the trade off is the sound which isn't really that inspiring. The same goes with the new Mk-II 997 Carrera.

The GT2 would've been unnecessary really, unless you had track days planned (in that case, the GT3 would've made sense too) Rear wheel drive, manual (only) tranny and no creature comforts would make the GT2 pretty hard to live with on a day to day basis. The Turbo was and is the right choice mate



A Porsche, particularly a 911, is a car that one would go in for if they want to drive it on a regular basis, yet want all the power they need. It blends practicality and performance oh so perfectly. A Lamborghini is not made the same way. One would buy a Lamborghini to enjoy it in the weekends. Saturdays and Sundays would be the only days of the week when the owner would get to hear the glorious V10. But if he were to make it a daily driver, the sensation that the screaming exhaust provides would be lost. Although it does sound great and does tingle every part of ones body when heard, listening to the drone on a regular, everyday basis would give you a terrible headache at the end of the day. Only people driving it everyday would understand. Listening to the exhaust once in a while would make it all the more special!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
With all due respects to Lamborghini (I'd rank them 2nd highest in my list) A Gallardo LP-560-4 or a Murcielago LP640 is no where close to being as practical as a Porsche and there is no denying that. I know that the LP-560-4 is easier to live with than most other Lamborghinis but as easy or easier than a Porsche? Yes, Audi has done a fantastic job with the interior but it's a strict 2 seater. The 997 Turbo on the other had is a 2+2. The interiors might be comfortable but that doesn't make it practical. A Bentley Continental GT might be comfortable, but it doesn't mean it's practical! The LP-560-4 would make a good daily driver but not in India definitely! And would you like to have this everyday or only on occasions?



What colour was it? The H2 has immense presence on the road. Few SUVs can match it on that. Those who spot imports on a regular basis in Chennai; how many H2s are there?

With all due respect ,your writing made absolute sense ,but again is ml going to use the 911 turbo daily.I'm sure he would be using his boxster and his other machines and about the sound I would love to have it everyday that's just my idea and I think its the age that is doing the talking.I have a de-cat straight piped corsa which I use everyday and its really loud.But again ground clearance and service is a valid point .My friends has a gallardo in banglore and he tells me that the service is absolutely horrible and they are not trained enough.maybe ecks could shed some light on this.

Last edited by arjunrudra : 10th November 2009 at 16:03.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercars & Imports : Kerala hanmust Super-Cars & Imports in India 8551 7th December 2016 12:21
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore ajmat Super-Cars & Imports in India 14326 5th December 2016 12:21
Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh manikjeet Super-Cars & Imports in India 1646 26th November 2016 21:27
Supercars & Imports : Pune karlosdeville Super-Cars & Imports in India 2387 19th November 2016 12:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks