Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2010, 11:32   #2296
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC/MAA
Posts: 1,298
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

Any updates on the opening of a Porsche showroom in Chennai, anyone?
nickatnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 11:50   #2297
BHPian
 
Wolffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Motorcity Madras
Posts: 170
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Saw a canary/tweety yellow sports coupe yesterday at Velachery-couldn't recognise it, but looked like a smaller version of the Mitsubishi FTO(I could be wrong).TN registration with a single digit number. Anyone seen it to recognise it?
Wolffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 12:11   #2298
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7,892
Thanked: 5,568 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffe View Post
Saw a canary/tweety yellow sports coupe yesterday at Velachery-couldn't recognise it, but looked like a smaller version of the Mitsubishi FTO(I could be wrong).TN registration with a single digit number. Anyone seen it to recognise it?
It's probably that mid '90s ('94-'99) 6th Generation Toyota Celica that has been spotted and posted earlier in this thread! I've attached a picture of it for reference. Is that the one you're talking about?
Attached Images
 
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 12:34   #2299
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,550
Thanked: 430 Times
Default

Saw a black FTO on sunday, parked in the petrol bunk opposite pachaiyappa's college. Couldn't come around and take a pic as i was late.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 20:27   #2300
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 34
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

HOT NEWS: I dont know how to say this, yesterday on a casual walk in T nagar...look what i find..an aston martin db9 in the house behind saravana stores!!! really sorry guys no pictures as they have a dedicated watchman guarding the car. The car was on covers and i recognized it by the silhouette and logo on the wheels..it looks like the car has been kept like that since its imported so guys i dont want to exaggerate anymore. You guys can go and see it personally to believe it!!!
hunkyfydex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 20:42   #2301
BHPian
 
bivin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MAA/DXB/CDG
Posts: 931
Thanked: 110 Times
Default

guys ive got some rather bad news. the red TT will be out of action from now on, for reasons i cannot quite explain on a public forum. not quite sure where it is for now, but will let you know on any other updates as and when i get them..
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2010, 01:47   #2302
BHPian
 
Sudan_NFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 760
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Guys do you have any update why Audi service center moved from ORM and I could notice some work done in BMW showroom,is BMW showroom going to be moved?
Sudan_NFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2010, 06:58   #2303
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunkyfydex View Post
HOT NEWS: I dont know how to say this, yesterday on a casual walk in T nagar...look what i find..an aston martin db9 in the house behind saravana stores!!! really sorry guys no pictures as they have a dedicated watchman guarding the car. The car was on covers and i recognized it by the silhouette and logo on the wheels..it looks like the car has been kept like that since its imported so guys i dont want to exaggerate anymore. You guys can go and see it personally to believe it!!!
Are you really sure ? An Aston MArtin ? That too a DB9 ?
Can we have some pictures of atleast the silhouette.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2010, 12:58   #2304
BHPian
 
Wolffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Motorcity Madras
Posts: 170
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
It's probably that mid '90s ('94-'99) 6th Generation Toyota Celica that has been spotted and posted earlier in this thread! I've attached a picture of it for reference. Is that the one you're talking about?
Seems about right.If the regn# is 6-its the same car.
Wolffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2010, 19:46   #2305
BHPian
 
ecclipse78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 319
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
Guys do you have any update why Audi service center moved from ORM and I could notice some work done in BMW showroom,is BMW showroom going to be moved?
The Audi centre at OMR was only an interim Service Centre. They have now moved to a larger facility at Ambattur. The showroom is also presently there with a new one coming up at Guindy/ Nandanam.

BMW is revamping its showroom and coming up with a pre-owned car division, in the same facility next to their original showroom.

Last edited by ecclipse78 : 30th January 2010 at 19:49.
ecclipse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2010, 21:39   #2306
BHPian
 
bivin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MAA/DXB/CDG
Posts: 931
Thanked: 110 Times
Default

GUYS!!
just spotted a dark coloured (black,blue or grey not quite sure) G Wagen SWB in alwarpet very close to the residence of our CM. its registration was TMD ****. anyone else seen it before???
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2010, 23:34   #2307
//M
Distinguished - BHPian
 
//M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,847
Thanked: 6,380 Times
Default

Saw the S320 CDI at the airport.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-dsc01402.jpg  

//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 00:12   #2308
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: chennai
Posts: 370
Thanked: 430 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunkyfydex View Post
HOT NEWS: I dont know how to say this, yesterday on a casual walk in T nagar...look what i find..an aston martin db9 in the house behind saravana stores!!! really sorry guys no pictures as they have a dedicated watchman guarding the car. The car was on covers and i recognized it by the silhouette and logo on the wheels..it looks like the car has been kept like that since its imported so guys i dont want to exaggerate anymore. You guys can go and see it personally to believe it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Are you really sure ? An Aston MArtin ? That too a DB9 ? Can we have some pictures of atleast the silhouette.

I can check and get the pictures if its there. Now, the question is : Which Saravana Stores ?
rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 00:30   #2309
//M
Distinguished - BHPian
 
//M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,847
Thanked: 6,380 Times
Default

I think its a black DB9. One of my not-so-close friends' said he once spotted a black Aston near Marina Beach but I didn't believe him as he's not so reliable. So if its really a black DB9 then it has been already spotted doing rounds around Chennai.
//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 02:55   #2310
Senior - BHPian
 
anekho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: .
Posts: 1,997
Thanked: 656 Times
Default

Nice pic of the S-class, //M!

Real luxury on wheels that car

Btw, someone has to get pics of the DB9!
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore ajmat Super-Cars & Imports in India 14328 8th December 2016 21:34
Supercars & Imports : Pune karlosdeville Super-Cars & Imports in India 2389 8th December 2016 16:22
Supercars & Imports : Kerala hanmust Super-Cars & Imports in India 8551 7th December 2016 12:21
Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh manikjeet Super-Cars & Imports in India 1646 26th November 2016 21:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks