Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2010, 21:02   #2491
Senior - BHPian
 
anekho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: .
Posts: 1,997
Thanked: 656 Times
Default

mmm, that cayenne looks great!

Real road presence that ride has!
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 01:03   #2492
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC/MAA
Posts: 1,298
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

The white XC90 looks similar to the one i spotted in the previous page!. I'm disappointed with the alloys. Is that stock 'cause if that's what one gets for shelling out a bucketload of cash for these cars, i think the Volvo guys need a serious talking to, don't you agree?!.
nickatnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 01:51   #2493
Senior - BHPian
 
AyAn!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Durgapur/Calcutta/Pune
Posts: 2,166
Thanked: 846 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
. I'm disappointed with the alloys. Is that stock 'cause if that's what one gets for shelling out a bucketload of cash for these cars, i think the Volvo guys need a serious talking to, don't you agree?!.
Yes,those are stock rims on the XC90.But if you spec one in the R-Design trim(the one used in the movie '3 Idiots'),you get fatter rubber and some tasty five spokers,apart from other attractive cosmetic upgrades! It looks really hot in red!
Name:  volvoxc90110108.jpg
Views: 1435
Size:  40.0 KB
AyAn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 05:04   #2494
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: chennai
Posts: 370
Thanked: 430 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
The white XC90 looks similar to the one i spotted in the previous page!. I'm disappointed with the alloys. Is that stock 'cause if that's what one gets for shelling out a bucketload of cash for these cars, i think the Volvo guys need a serious talking to, don't you agree?!.
Both the cars look different to me because of the window tints.

The alloys and the tyres get a 100% thumbs down. In my opinion, not at all acceptable for the price of such cars.
rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 12:04   #2495
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC/MAA
Posts: 1,298
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Both the cars look different to me because of the window tints.

The alloys and the tyres get a 100% thumbs down. In my opinion, not at all acceptable for the price of such cars.
The RTO code is the same!. Anyways, hope to see more spottings in this this thread.
nickatnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 12:18   #2496
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Yes,those are stock rims on the XC90.But if you spec one in the R-Design trim(the one used in the movie '3 Idiots'),you get fatter rubber and some tasty five spokers,apart from other attractive cosmetic upgrades! It looks really hot in red!
Attachment 287649
OT - I'am not a great fan of Volvos. But even i seriously loved the R Design XC90 in the movie(especially those scenes where the car is really dusty and mud cladden). It looks macho in contrast with the vast mountains and all. But if i was to buy, Oops Sorry !

Last edited by Scorcher : 15th February 2010 at 12:19.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 17:34   #2497
BHPian
 
bivin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MAA/DXB/CDG
Posts: 931
Thanked: 110 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Spotted this XC90 (D5 AWD) today morning at the Saidapet/Guindy stretch.

The slimmest ever tyres i have ever seen on an SUV.
sorry for going a bit OT, but was a sardar behind the wheel of that volvo??
a friend's friend once told me he owns a white Volvo XC90, thats why im asking...
Cheers!!
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 22:27   #2498
BHPian
 
crazybike_me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 43
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Spotted another Bentley at Harrington road parked inside an apartments it also had a x5 parked alongside. I guess it was silver color might be the same one which is posted by Vibhu f430.
crazybike_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 22:29   #2499
BHPian
 
jagxf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 373
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

spotted a brand new white audi tt on village road at around 8pm.
jagxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 10:17   #2500
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: chennai
Posts: 370
Thanked: 430 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagxf View Post
spotted a brand new white audi tt on village road at around 8pm.
Me too near Gemini... shiny shiny white

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
sorry for going a bit OT, but was a sardar behind the wheel of that volvo??
a friend's friend once told me he owns a white Volvo XC90, thats why im asking...
Cheers!!
No Bivin. It was a for sure a south indian.
rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 10:21   #2501
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: chennai
Posts: 370
Thanked: 430 Times
Default

Yesterday I saw a silver coloured Porsche that was displayed up for sale at Parvathi Motors (shop at the left corner, 2 buildings before Sathyam cineplex).
rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 13:54   #2502
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,550
Thanked: 430 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Yesterday I saw a silver coloured Porsche that was displayed up for sale at Parvathi Motors (shop at the left corner, 2 buildings before Sathyam cineplex).

Thats a 2002 Boxster. He was asking 25L for that one.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 18:40   #2503
BHPian
 
bivin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MAA/DXB/CDG
Posts: 931
Thanked: 110 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Me too near Gemini... shiny shiny white



No Bivin. It was a for sure a south indian.
yea i guess.. just spoke to the guy today.. his xc90 is silver..
Cheers!!
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 21:18   #2504
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 876
Thanked: 260 Times
Default

Ran into the 2 this morning, the 7's a 760Li and the A8's the W12.. Wish they had come with the Phantom and the Bentley CFS Speed they share space with...
Attached Images
  
Sivasankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 21:20   #2505
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 876
Thanked: 260 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybike_me View Post
Spotted another Bentley at Harrington road parked inside an apartments it also had a x5 parked alongside. I guess it was silver color might be the same one which is posted by Vibhu f430.
The Bentley Vibhu shot belongs to the same people who own the A8 & 7 I've posted today, they are really men of good taste...

The Bentley you saw on Harrington Road is a CFS Speed...
Sivasankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore ajmat Super-Cars & Imports in India 14329 9th December 2016 23:04
Supercars & Imports : Pune karlosdeville Super-Cars & Imports in India 2389 8th December 2016 16:22
Supercars & Imports : Kerala hanmust Super-Cars & Imports in India 8551 7th December 2016 12:21
Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh manikjeet Super-Cars & Imports in India 1646 26th November 2016 21:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks