Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2013, 10:16   #5716
BHPian
 
Sree_Ganesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 168
Thanked: 104 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Chennai

Spotted this AP registered RR at Madhya Kailash
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-dsc_0042.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-dsc_0043.jpg  

Sree_Ganesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2013, 11:05   #5717
BHPian
 
BraveArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chennai\Kuwait
Posts: 169
Thanked: 406 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Chennai

Spotted the previous gen silver SLK at Anna Flyover with the top down yesterday evening around 6:30.
Attached Images
  
BraveArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2013, 21:40   #5718
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 876
Thanked: 260 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Chennai

Spotted 3 fine cars today - the grey C63 that was seen on the track during the first Supercar Show, a white R8 with silver blades and the highlight seen a few minutes ago - sand coloured M5 on TTK Road.

Does it make 3 M5s in Chennai then?
Sivasankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 08:04   #5719
BHPian
 
BraveArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chennai\Kuwait
Posts: 169
Thanked: 406 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Chennai

Spotted tis BMW Z4 at Phoenix Market City yesterday afternoon. Love the colour of the car. Definetly looks classy.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-201307050797.jpg  

BraveArc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 12:06   #5720
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
sand coloured M5 on TTK Road.

Does it make 3 M5s in Chennai then?
Sand colored? Brown? Beige? Was it the Ivory one pictured below?

If so this is the Master Blaster's ex-M5. Originally Maroon but now ruined with this new paintjob. My heart sunk when I saw it at Parx this year.

Pic Source
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-378074_527820373932065_1140656678_n.jpg  

Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 12:15   #5721
BHPian
 
saadat1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chennai (TN-10)
Posts: 588
Thanked: 287 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Spotted 3 fine cars today - the grey C63 that was seen on the track during the first Supercar Show, a white R8 with silver blades and the highlight seen a few minutes ago - sand coloured M5 on TTK Road.

Does it make 3 M5s in Chennai then?
There's a new gen M5 in Chennai. (TN-10-AL-****)
The AL series started 3 months ago. So, its most likely a month old car. Make it 4 M5s
saadat1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 12:44   #5722
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 876
Thanked: 260 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Chennai

@ Scorcher - Not sand but beige going by the picture u posted.

These are the ones I know about

2 Blue cars and the latest beige one, so three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Sand colored? Brown? Beige? Was it the Ivory one pictured below?

If so this is the Master Blaster's ex-M5. Originally Maroon but now ruined with this new paintjob. My heart sunk when I saw it at Parx this year.

Pic Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
There's a new gen M5 in Chennai. (TN-10-AL-****)
The AL series started 3 months ago. So, its most likely a month old car. Make it 4 M5s

Last edited by Sivasankar : 6th July 2013 at 12:46.
Sivasankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 15:12   #5723
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 876
Thanked: 260 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Chennai

Look who I saw today
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-dsc_0004.jpg  

Sivasankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2013, 01:45   #5724
BHPian
 
lancer&shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Back in Chennai
Posts: 148
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveArc View Post
Spotted tis BMW Z4 at Phoenix Market City yesterday afternoon. Love the colour of the car. Definetly looks classy.
Think it's cricketer Badrinath's car. Saw him last week in same color z4 near velachery.

Cheers,
L&S
lancer&shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2013, 11:45   #5725
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Sand colored? Brown? Beige? Was it the Ivory one pictured below?

If so this is the Master Blaster's ex-M5. Originally Maroon but now ruined with this new paintjob. My heart sunk when I saw it at Parx this year.

Pic Source
The color od supposed to be off white and looks horrible in person or in pictures, the maroon was unique as i have not seen another M5 or another 5 series in the same color. The owner after Master Blaster had got it repainted outside and not at the dealership and had electrical issues, where the car would conk off in the middle of the road. Its also been modified..
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2013, 13:18   #5726
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The color od supposed to be off white and looks horrible in person or in pictures, the maroon was unique as i have not seen another M5 or another 5 series in the same color. The owner after Master Blaster had got it repainted outside and not at the dealership and had electrical issues, where the car would conk off in the middle of the road. Its also been modified..
Yeah bro, I couldn't believe it when I saw the car and had to confirm with friends if I got the number right. The Maroon was such a unique and gorgeous shade. To top everything, what on earth was he thinking when he got those puny rims for the car?
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2013, 18:16   #5727
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 876
Thanked: 260 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Yeah bro, I couldn't believe it when I saw the car and had to confirm with friends if I got the number right. The Maroon was such a unique and gorgeous shade. To top everything, what on earth was he thinking when he got those puny rims for the car?
Do you have a picture of the car taken before it was wrapped?

I think Chennai has a regular 5 of the same generation in the same shade. It was one of the first cars to be imported (before the dealerships were opened). These cars had lower ground clearance and a different set of fenders than the Indian cars.
Sivasankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2013, 18:22   #5728
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Do you have a picture of the car taken before it was wrapped?

I think Chennai has a regular 5 of the same generation in the same shade. It was one of the first cars to be imported (before the dealerships were opened). These cars had lower ground clearance and a different set of fenders than the Indian cars.
It's not wrapped, it's painted. That's what beats me to it

There ya go, yes there is an E60 5 (with M-kit) in Chennai and E60 5 Touring in Bangalore in the same shade, but this was the only M5.
Attached Images
 
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2013, 00:16   #5729
BHPian
 
Brabus E V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: London/NewDelhi
Posts: 388
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Look who I saw today
O boy the daddy of them all! Its been a longtime since I've come across one. Amazing car and looks stunning in white.
Brabus E V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2013, 09:29   #5730
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 243
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Look who I saw today
Is this from the famous garage in Hyderabad ?. Most people who see this on the road will never guess the power.
vivriti is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore ajmat Super-Cars & Imports in India 14329 9th December 2016 23:04
Supercars & Imports : Pune karlosdeville Super-Cars & Imports in India 2389 8th December 2016 16:22
Supercars & Imports : Kerala hanmust Super-Cars & Imports in India 8551 7th December 2016 12:21
Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh manikjeet Super-Cars & Imports in India 1646 26th November 2016 21:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks