Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2008, 04:10   #121
Senior - BHPian
 
ph03n!x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Madras
Posts: 1,699
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
I know the car in the pic is quite common, but this is the first one i saw that had yellow taxi plates on it.
The Park Sheraton, as well as a few others have Mercs in the yellow. I think there is a rental agency too in Chennai that has 'em.
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 11:38   #122
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,808
Thanked: 206 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Am sure it was not a TN reg but a MH or KA. It had a single digit reg no..
Its a KA registration, if I remember right. Spotted often in Jafferkhanpet. A brand new white Bentley has landed in Chennai, spotted at Gemini.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 00:18   #123
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 13
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Guess, It seems there is a HUMMER in chennai, its persumed that MK Stanley owns it and is in his Velachery house, did any one pounce on it any time
Gypsyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 18:09   #124
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dubai-Chennai
Posts: 304
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Have none of you seen the White Gallardo Spyder in Chennai? Its been doing the rounds for the past 3 weeks or so!
BEEM3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 11:31   #125
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 176
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
The Park Sheraton, as well as a few others have Mercs in the yellow. I think there is a rental agency too in Chennai that has 'em.
Bala tourist service at Nungambakkam has Merc S class
jayguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 11:57   #126
BHPian
 
lancer&shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Back in Chennai
Posts: 148
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsyman View Post
Guess, It seems there is a HUMMER in chennai, its persumed that MK Stanley owns it and is in his Velachery house, did any one pounce on it any time
YES, its a gift from his son on his birthday and my friend(dealer) has only involved on buying that vehicle.
lancer&shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 22:58   #127
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 876
Thanked: 260 Times
Default Subba Rao Avenue

Hai Maverick & ppl,

I once had a lucky peek into the Subba Rao Avenue house, didnt knw they also had a Rolls, so that makes it 2 in Chennai, 1 belongs the India Cements family (pic featured in one of the posts here & there r a coupla vdos on youtube)

if iam right, Subba Rao avenue is the home town residency of a huge Middle East business family.

btw the yellow Superleggera was featured in a Tamil weekly with its owner who incidentally also imported the first 7 series in Chennai; all his cars carry his signature '123' number.
Sivasankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 00:18   #128
BHPian
 
praveen_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 454
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Its a KA registration, if I remember right. Spotted often in Jafferkhanpet. A brand new white Bentley has landed in Chennai, spotted at Gemini.
I live in jafferkhanpet. Never seen it
praveen_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 01:37   #129
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,000
Thanked: 5,064 Times
Default

May not be quite in the same league, but I saw a Volvo S60 being driven on the ECR the other day.

I think it said V8 on the front grill. V8 engine? Could it have been?

It looked very new, and was being driven very carefuly!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 01:55   #130
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,022
Thanked: 142 Times
Default

It should be an S80 Nick, you sure it said S60?

See their model range here: All Models - Volvo Models - www.volvocars.com/in

Last edited by iraghava : 5th August 2008 at 01:59. Reason: Added Link
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 13:24   #131
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,000
Thanked: 5,064 Times
Default

Yes, you must be right on that.
Quote:
S80 V8 AWD (315 hp)


* Eight-cylinder 4.4 litre petrol engine
* 440 Nm torque at 3950 revs
* 0 to 100 km/h in 6.5 seconds
* Six-speed automatic transmission
Wow! I've always liked the Volvo look, even back in the days of the square box estate. The more recent cars are beautiful.

But it is another car (like the Golf) that made its reputation on rugged reliability, but is not as rugged and reliable as it used to be.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 20:25   #132
BHPian
 
yasw_anth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 101
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Hai Maverick & ppl,

I once had a lucky peek into the Subba Rao Avenue house, didnt knw they also had a Rolls, so that makes it 2 in Chennai, 1 belongs the India Cements family (pic featured in one of the posts here & there r a coupla vdos on youtube)

if iam right, Subba Rao avenue is the home town residency of a huge Middle East business family.

btw the yellow Superleggera was featured in a Tamil weekly with its owner who incidentally also imported the first 7 series in Chennai; all his cars carry his signature '123' number.

i've seen these cars(123) many times in Sri Ramachandra medical college porur.

which includes a red 2 door mercedes slk, green BMW 7 series, many more...
yasw_anth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 20:31   #133
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,957
Thanked: 247 Times
Default

OT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivasankar
if iam right, Subba Rao avenue is the home town residency of a huge Middle East business family.
Yeah. The name sounds very middle eastern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancershogun
YES, its a gift from his son on his birthday and my friend(dealer) has only involved on buying that vehicle.
You're a friend of Deepak's?
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 00:09   #134
BHPian
 
JayR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Paris, France.
Posts: 899
Thanked: 184 Times
Default Phantom.

The India Cements RR was apparently the 2nd one in the country, the first as everybody knows, the Poonawalla one. Is it true ?
JayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 08:53   #135
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,483
Thanked: 7,794 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR View Post
The India Cements RR was apparently the 2nd one in the country, the first as everybody knows, the Poonawalla one. Is it true ?
Nope, it was the white one in Hyderabad
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore ajmat Super-Cars & Imports in India 14329 9th December 2016 23:04
Supercars & Imports : Pune karlosdeville Super-Cars & Imports in India 2389 8th December 2016 16:22
Supercars & Imports : Kerala hanmust Super-Cars & Imports in India 8551 7th December 2016 12:21
Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh manikjeet Super-Cars & Imports in India 1646 26th November 2016 21:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks