Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2008, 00:46   #76
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

That is a fantastic collection, man. You have some sweet rides in your stable. And also, the stable itself is very pretty, I must say!! I'm glad someone here finally owns a Passat, infact i'm glad its your daily drive. If you dont mind I shall PM you witha few queries on your ownership experience. Unless of course you have already posted in the Ownership Experiences section of the forum. Keep them coming !!
FlyingSpur is offline  
Old 15th April 2008, 01:43   #77
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Key West, FL - East Brunswick, NJ - New Delhi, INDIA
Posts: 36
Thanked: Once
Default

Congrats on your new SUV v10. The collection got even hotter. Hope to see these in person some day. Well drive safe bro!

Note from Mod - Please use proper punctuation ...instead..of..typing..like this. Thanks.

Last edited by koolavi88 : 15th April 2008 at 02:01.
koolavi88 is offline  
Old 15th April 2008, 02:28   #78
BHPian
 
highwayblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago/Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 771
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
for those who wanted more pics :

Attachment 3702

Attachment 3703
Sigh...look at that mercedes. What a beauty! Obviously you must've dedicated ppl for simply keeping these machines shinyyyy n new!!
highwayblaze is offline  
Old 15th April 2008, 04:16   #79
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 34
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Very off-topic but Nice Breitling, I have the same exact one
BMWlover is offline  
Old 15th April 2008, 04:28   #80
BHPian
 
DocG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai - Singapore - Cali - Sydney - S.Korea
Posts: 870
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

The Chayenne is just plain sexy!
The interiors are to die for...
But the price of 80 OTR seems a little too much, not sure about current pricing, but a friend of mine had the old gen Chayenne S, and it cost in the high 70s or something around there...

Driven the S I mentioned. It is just sooooo good on the road, definately a superb DD!
cheers:
DocG is offline  
Old 15th April 2008, 07:48   #81
BHPian
 
Bimster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 112
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Congrats on your new SUV V10 and you are right-Cayenne for sure is the best handling SUV around.Why not a V8 though (S or the newer GTS which is almost as good as the turbo) if you are already spending that much money? Sub 300 hp for car this heavy is bit less if you ask me. Is it difficult to manage with a smaller spare in India and avoid the tire holder ?

Last edited by Bimster : 15th April 2008 at 07:49.
Bimster is offline  
Old 15th April 2008, 11:32   #82
v10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 793
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
Wow, nice collection of cars you've got. And very well cared for too.

Just one question with regard to the Cayenne. Is it possible to lift the tailgate without having to swing open the spare tire holder? If it is not, then how do you manage to load things into the boot area when there's a car parked right behind you (as in the case of parallel parkings)?
thanks. no it is not possible to lift the tailgate without having to swing open the tire holder. yes in case4 of parallel parkings there would be a problem.
v10 is offline  
Old 15th April 2008, 11:41   #83
BHPian
 
yayaati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 186
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Congrats Bro for your new SUV . Amazing and hot ride.
yayaati is offline  
Old 15th April 2008, 11:43   #84
v10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 793
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
Wow, nice collection of cars you've got. And very well cared for too.

Just one question with regard to the Cayenne. Is it possible to lift the tailgate without having to swing open the spare tire holder? If it is not, then how do you manage to load things into the boot area when there's a car parked right behind you (as in the case of parallel parkings)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimster View Post
Congrats on your new SUV V10 and you are right-Cayenne for sure is the best handling SUV around.Why not a V8 though (S or the newer GTS which is almost as good as the turbo) if you are already spending that much money? Sub 300 hp for car this heavy is bit less if you ask me. Is it difficult to manage with a smaller spare in India and avoid the tire holder ?
thanks. well i test drove the new V6 before buying one and i was impressed with the performance. it is good enough for our roads ( 0 - 60 mph in 7.5 is nice ) . besides the GTS is one suv which is NOT meant for our roads at all. i'd be surprised to see a gts here because of the steel springs , stiffened suspension , 21 inch wheels, lowered body, sports seats in hot weather etc. etc.

and as for the spare tire. we got it for 2 reasons. one being that it is far more practical in case of a puncture. second being that it looks soo much better and butch and gives the car a more solid and manly look.; however there are people who have not taken the wheel behind.
v10 is offline  
Old 15th April 2008, 11:53   #85
BHPian
 
liv2drv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Delh
Posts: 490
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

Nice cayenne.... love the crest in the headrest. it is such an important option on a porsche. i wonder why most ppl never get it. have fun with her!
liv2drv is offline  
Old 15th April 2008, 11:56   #86
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

In the interest of all members in this forum, I have one suggestion to make. There is only one way forward as I see it now. Members, let us all compel v10 and liv2drv to engage in cut-throat competition. Whoever touches a hundred exotics first, wins! The winner will, in gratitude towards this fantastic suggestion, have to let T-bhp'ians infest his garage every weekend. May the best man win!



Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
...it looks soo much better and butch and gives the car a more solid...
I totally agree with that v10. The rear looks far better and the car overall, more agressive with the rear wheel on. Good choice!

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th April 2008 at 12:38.
FlyingSpur is offline  
Old 15th April 2008, 12:03   #87
v10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 793
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
Nice cayenne.... love the crest in the headrest. it is such an important option on a porsche. i wonder why most ppl never get it. have fun with her!

Thanks man. ya i know the porsche crests costs only 500 $ but most people think its a waste of money!!!... i wanted to get it on the handrest too but learnt about that option a little late ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
In the interest of all members in this forum, I have one suggestion to make. There is only one way forward as I see it now. Members, let us all compel v10 and liv2drv to engage in cut-throat competition. Whoever touches a hundred exotics first, wins! The winner will, in gratitude towards this fantastic suggestion, have to let T-bhp'ians infest his garage every weekend. May the best man win!

i am soryy bro but i am not competing her. even if there was such a thing liv2drv is a clear winner... cheers: 911 to hummers to ferrari's i mean i dont know where to stop..!!

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th April 2008 at 12:39.
v10 is offline  
Old 15th April 2008, 12:13   #88
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Key West, FL - East Brunswick, NJ - New Delhi, INDIA
Posts: 36
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
thanks. well i test drove the new V6 before buying one and i was impressed with the performance. it is good enough for our roads ( 0 - 60 mph in 7.5 is nice ) . besides the GTS is one suv which is NOT meant for our roads at all. i'd be surprised to see a gts here because of the steel springs , stiffened suspension , 21 inch wheels, lowered body, sports seats in hot weather etc. etc.

and as for the spare tire. we got it for 2 reasons. one being that it is far more practical in case of a puncture. second being that it looks soo much better and butch and gives the car a more solid and manly look.; however there are people who have not taken the wheel behind.
There is a white Cayenne GTS in Delhi. Spotted it near New Friends Club area, had dark black tints and it had that red light on top of it which the government officials use. It had another government car following it. It was gorgeous. But i like your Cayenne a lot as it is good enough for our Indian roads.
koolavi88 is offline  
Old 15th April 2008, 12:15   #89
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
i am soryy bro but i am not competing her. even if there was such a thing liv2drv is a clear winner... cheers: 911 to hummers to ferrari's i mean i dont know where to stop..!!


Yeah.. Ferrari' in UK.. Remember that.. He has a great collection all over the world.

But don't leave me out just yet.. Still 18 and possessing the LP, Flying Spur and getting the 430 _and_ RR LWB by year end, does put me in a "strong" position to be one of the contenders.

Add to that the upcoming R8 "S" line, AMV8, 998 series 911 ( or even the GT1 if it is launched by the time I starting looking for one) and the LP560 and others.

Also considering the AM V12 which is to be launched. In the US (L.A to be precise ) my younger brother has the 911 Carrera S and the RS4 at his disposal. Add to that the McLaren SLR and CGT that I would buy once I go there for post grads and the Buggatti for use in Dubai.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th April 2008 at 12:36.
ecksreturns is online now  
Old 15th April 2008, 12:24   #90
Senior - BHPian
 
autopsyche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New Delhi, India
Posts: 1,516
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

eckreturns youre on a roll! Id get bored if i had that many exotics ...Nonetheless, good collection with both of you guys. Keep flying in the latest cars.
autopsyche is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The World's only Turbocharged V10 M5 Vid6639 The International Automotive Scene 27 3rd March 2008 07:35
nsx v10 pawan The International Automotive Scene 13 13th December 2006 11:38
A V10 Hybrid Engined Car! amit The International Automotive Scene 2 7th September 2004 11:38
500 bhp, V10 BMW M5. v12 The International Automotive Scene 0 6th March 2004 12:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:08.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks