Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 5th December 2008, 01:10   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinners View Post
Hello Dipen,and what if I do not import through mumbai showroom and directly import it from Japan.That is,suppose I know an importer.
Read my guide on importing a vehicle from Japan. It should help you out and also help you decide weather you are ready/willing to go through a rather tedious procedure.

Link:- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ting+car+japan (Guide: Importing a Used Car from Japan)
Amien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 11:55   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinners View Post
Hello Dipen,and what if I do not import through mumbai showroom and directly import it from Japan.That is,suppose I know an importer.
The Skyline GTR is not available from a Showroom. You have to import it yourself or from a Dealer/Importer (non official one).

@ Dipen. If you count 10 lakhs also for the car it would be a dream. Both My friends have got the car directly through a Dealer and have paid way above 10 for it.

Last edited by speedy : 5th December 2008 at 11:59.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 21:45   #318
Senior - BHPian

@Speedy
Do you mean 1000000 INR for the road tax. I have already mentioned that the calculations are based on the cost structure given by CLS_55_AMG (thnaks to him for sharing the details). If you browse through the previous posts in this thread, you will find even Fireblader85's agreement to my calculations.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 17:39   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
@Speedy
Do you mean 1000000 INR for the road tax. I have already mentioned that the calculations are based on the cost structure given by CLS_55_AMG (thnaks to him for sharing the details). If you browse through the previous posts in this thread, you will find even Fireblader85's agreement to my calculations.
I do not deny anything what you, CLS or fireblader85 are saying. These are the the costs according to our calculations and how they should be. The Government does not go by this at all. The duty structure and the other costs inolved take the car above the supposed figure. I have seen the previous posts and have spoken to my friends too and that is how i know what the figure they have paid for the cars. Abroad you can buy the cars for fraction of the cost here but by the time they get here you are paying twice or sometimes thrice the amount. The Example for this is the H3, where you have to shell out 60 or 70 lakhs for it in India.
Old 6th December 2008, 20:38   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I do not deny anything what you, CLS or fireblader85 are saying. These are the the costs according to our calculations and how they should be. The Government does not go by this at all. The duty structure and the other costs inolved take the car above the supposed figure. I have seen the previous posts and have spoken to my friends too and that is how i know what the figure they have paid for the cars. Abroad you can buy the cars for fraction of the cost here but by the time they get here you are paying twice or sometimes thrice the amount. The Example for this is the H3, where you have to shell out 60 or 70 lakhs for it in India.
im sorry but if your friends have paid more than 80-85 for the GTR then they have got ripped off big time!! LOL!! as far as the GTR goes im shipping in one by the end of 2009 and its gonna cost me around 75 without any dealer margins...so i guess the estimates given are very accurate...the car has about 101% customs...it doesnt involve any S.A.D. as far as the H3 goes it costs abt 45 in india...the actual car in RHD costs 25K here...so do the math...! i feel sorry for anybody whos paid more than that...!
Immobiliare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 22:05   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immobiliare View Post
the car has about 101% customs...
Weird. I was under the impression that that figure never dipped below 110%.
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 22:13   #322
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Weird. I was under the impression that that figure never dipped below 110%.
and i heard 114% last.
v10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 22:35   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
and i heard 114% last.
I was charged 110 for the LP
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 09:06   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
im sorry but if your friends have paid more than 80-85 for the GTR then they have got ripped off big time!! LOL!! as far as the GTR goes im shipping in one by the end of 2009 and its gonna cost me around 75 without any dealer margins...so i guess the estimates given are very accurate...the car has about 101% customs...it doesnt involve any S.A.D. as far as the H3 goes it costs abt 45 in india...the actual car in RHD costs 25K here...so do the math...! i feel sorry for anybody whos paid more than that...!
Please do use proper puntuations so that yor figures are clearly understood by all. 8.0-8.5 and not 80-85, just would get people wondering.
Everyone in India gets ripped for any Foriegn car, so my friends were no exception to it.
The customs duty is 110% here so how come your being charged at 101%. I presume this is your first car your gonna import so i would just wait as to the time the car does come into Indian Ports. You shall know for yourself if cleanly you can get the car in for 7.5 as you claim. See Indian Customs does not work on U.K. prices, they have their own set of calculations which you are not aware off. We all know how much cars cost abroad but then things change when they land here. For 45 lakhs i would buy three H3's and four GTR's for even 8.5 lacs. When you do come to India you would know the facts.
Old 7th December 2008, 09:33   #325
BHPian

@ speedy

I think what he meant was 75lacs itself.

And lemme know if you are interested in a h3 for around 45-50 lacs.
will confirm and arrange. :-)
samyakmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 09:43   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
@ speedy

I think what he meant was 75lacs itself.

And lemme know if you are interested in a h3 for around 45-50 lacs.
will confirm and arrange. :-)
I was reffering to Dipens calculations of the car costing 8 -8.5 lakhs in Bombay. So Presumeing Immobiliare was meaning to say the same figure but forgot to put in the decimal mark inbetween the number. If he meant 75 lakhs then my friends have paid way below the figure and Immobiliare is being ripped off.

Will PM you on this.

Last edited by speedy : 7th December 2008 at 09:45.
Old 7th December 2008, 12:34   #327
BHPian

huhh??
some error there brother. dipen has mentioned the price right it seems. maybe the zeros without proper commas are creating a confusion.

request all of the fellow members to put in commas everytime they are giving any figures of more than 3 digits.
re-posting what dipen has said with commas.

Originally Posted by dipen
My math based on import costs involed given by CLS_55_AMG

Base price for GTR premium edition : 8,347,500 yen = 32,50,000 INR
Shipping from Japan, Insurance, Handling = 2500 USD = 1,00,000 INR
customs duty @ 114% = 38,19,000 INR

Ex -showroom mumbai price = 71,69,000 INR
road tax @14% = 10,00,000 INR
insurance @ 3.5% = 2,08,000 INR

Dealer/Agent margin or handling charges = 5,00,000 INR assumed price

Nissan GTR landed price in Mumbai should be between 83,00,000 to 87,00,000 INR based on the way it has been imported. Also note that delivery period for GTR is Japan is obviously less compared to other countries. Initially it was said that people are paying premium for early deliveries. I have not taken that into account here.

samyakmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 19:57   #328

So can I confirm that the total cost would be nothing more than 75-80 lakhs?
Because I'm planning to buy one next year[between june and august].Also are there any people on this site who can import one or already owns one?

Forgive me for my innocence because I am new to this site
spinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 23:23   #329
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : SMS / Slang language is not the preferred mode of communication on Team-BHP. We would much appreciate if you type your post out in clear and concise english for the benefit of other community members.

Thanks!

sorry typin mistake! the customs is 110% and im not talkin about UK im very well aware of indian customs and the japanese market prices.This is not my first car.And if your friends paid well below the 75 lakhs that ive mentioned for a premium model then i would love to know how they smuggled it in! LOL! the way your changing your word jus shows that you dont know what your talking about! anyway im not gonna waste my time...anyway for pople who want to book it now, the prices have gone up as of the 3rd of december and the car will cost roughly $7000 more. so id advice you to book as soon as possible and if you want it without the booking then you will have to buy it off an auction or other dealers who have stock in japan and it will cost you a lot more as you will have to pay the dealers a premium.so itd put it around 85 to 90 lakhs for ppl who havent yet booked or maybe more depending on the dealer you go through. i personally import the cars myself instead of going through the dealers.hope this helps anyone who wants to know.cheers!

Oh yes and please take into account the rising yen prices and the falling INR!

Last edited by v12 : 8th December 2008 at 11:06. Reason: See note
Immobiliare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 09:16   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sorry typin mistake! the customs is 110% and im not talkin about UK im very well aware of indian customs and the japanese market prices.This is not my first car.And if your friends paid well below the 75 lakhs that ive mentioned for a premium model then i would love to know how they smuggled it in! LOL! the way your changing your word jus shows that you dont know what your talking about! anyway im not gonna waste my time...
Sorry for the confusions caused due to the punctuations.
I have mentioned what i have heard from them themselves and not a third person. So i know what i am saying Immobiliare. The cars are here and how they managed it is not my concern. They have paid below the 75 lakhs mark you mention.