Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2008, 12:09   #76
BHPian
 
diesel_headrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 147
Thanked: Once
Default

The car belongs to our MD.That is his personal car and not for the dealership

He was apparently supposed to buy the CLK 63 AMG - Black edition.That would have been a monster of a different kind!
diesel_headrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 12:12   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_headrock View Post
The car belongs to our MD.That is his personal car and not for the dealership

He was apparently supposed to buy the CLK 63 AMG - Black edition.That would have been a monster of a different kind!
I wanted to place an order for the same from my local Merc Dealership (Taipan Traders) in Chandigarh. They said none of the Black Series Mercs were available for the Asian Market. I was like ... WHAT?! I asked them to double check and in the mean time I told my office staff to call up dealerships in Delhi and Bombay. Sadly, same response from all of them. No Black Series cars available for Asian markets. Surprisingly , even the ML63 AMG isn't availble for reasons I forgot to ask.

Diesel , can you please check with some one and tell me if this is true so that I can take some action against these morons .. If this is true, then it is a sad sad day for us here at TBHP.
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 15:09   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_headrock View Post
The car belongs to our MD.That is his personal car and not for the dealership

He was apparently supposed to buy the CLK 63 AMG - Black edition.That would have been a monster of a different kind!

Thats the answer i was looking for Diesel. i Was not sure as He told me it is his personal ride and then i saw it on the news at the launch as the MBIL car.
I believe he was to get another car this september. i forgot now if it was the AMG or the normal one.
I tried PMing you but the option is off. Hope you have your answer.

@ Ecksreturns as far as i believe Amg cars can be ordered through MBIL.

Last edited by speedy : 5th October 2008 at 15:11.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 15:20   #79
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Thats the answer i was looking for Diesel. i Was not sure as He told me it is his personal ride and then i saw it on the news at the launch as the MBIL car.
I believe he was to get another car this september. i forgot now if it was the AMG or the normal one.
I tried PMing you but the option is off. Hope you have your answer.

@ Ecksreturns as far as i believe Amg cars can be ordered through MBIL.

MBIL? Mercedes Benz I? L? sorry.. Don't know what that stands for .
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 15:29   #80
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
MBIL? Mercedes Benz I? L? sorry.. Don't know what that stands for .
Mercedes Benz India Limited. Now you know brother.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 16:59   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Mercedes Benz India Limited. Now you know brother.
How is it different from the dealer here in chandigarh?
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 00:14   #82
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
How is it different from the dealer here in chandigarh?
What i meant to say was your mercedes dealer in Chandigarh can also order it for you, as the head for india has given the go ahead.
Local dealers for Mercedes come under MBIL.

Last edited by speedy : 6th October 2008 at 00:15.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 00:18   #83
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
What i meant to say was your mercedes dealer in Chandigarh can also order it for you, as the head for india has given the go ahead.
Local dealers for Mercedes come under MBIL.
I had contacted the Mercedes dealer in chandigarh 2 days ago and as my previous post stated, they say it isn't available for the Asian market.
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 00:46   #84
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
I had contacted the Mercedes dealer in chandigarh 2 days ago and as my previous post stated, they say it isn't available for the Asian market.
Yes i did read your previous post ecksreturns and that is why i mentioned before that they can be ordered through MBIL. That means if the head office has given the green signal,the dealer at Chandigarh should have not given the answer that they gave you. They should also be able to order it for you. I hope this makes things clearer.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 01:18   #85
BHPian
 
liv2drv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Delh
Posts: 490
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

Ecks... you shouldn't call people 'morons' too loosely... i know some people who haven't liked your comment.

And i think you should speak to your dealer again... because when i spoke to them, they were more then willing to consider importing what i wanted... The Black edition. Doesn't mean I'm getting it. just wanted/want it. ha.
And the C 63 may seem cheap to you... but its far from it.
But Pocket Rocket it is...

Last edited by liv2drv : 6th October 2008 at 01:22.
liv2drv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 09:46   #86
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
Ecks... you shouldn't call people 'morons' too loosely... i know some people who haven't liked your comment.

And i think you should speak to your dealer again... because when i spoke to them, they were more then willing to consider importing what i wanted... The Black edition. Doesn't mean I'm getting it. just wanted/want it. ha.
And the C 63 may seem cheap to you... but its far from it.
But Pocket Rocket it is...
I'll give a suitable reply to you by PM..

Anywho, not to hi jack this thread. The C63 is a car for its money.. It is not cheap at all(when did I say its cheap? I clearly said , "well priced" . So how can you say I said its cheap? Dude your comments are often not well taken/well said.. I have no idea how you took 'well priced' as 'cheap'). For 95 L for a fully loaded C63 is not cheap at all but its value for money .

Last edited by ajmat : 6th October 2008 at 15:11. Reason: removing name
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 09:52   #87
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

The C63 would be coming to Chandigarh within the next week or so. Will keep every one posted with pictures and a short review if possible..
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 10:02   #88
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Yes i did read your previous post ecksreturns and that is why i mentioned before that they can be ordered through MBIL. That means if the head office has given the green signal,the dealer at Chandigarh should have not given the answer that they gave you. They should also be able to order it for you. I hope this makes things clearer.

Thanks a ton speedy.

I have asked the Sales rep to check again on the black series and he'll get back to me soon. Just in case he still says he can't import it, I am going to need your help in finding a dealership that can place the order for one. Is that okay?

Last edited by ajmat : 6th October 2008 at 15:33. Reason: removing name
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 10:45   #89
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post

I have asked the Sales rep to check again on the black series and he'll get back to me soon. Just in case he still says he can't import it, I am going to need your help in finding a dealership that can place the order for one. Is that okay?

Anytime you need just inform me and i shall try my best to get you your beast.

Last edited by ajmat : 6th October 2008 at 15:34. Reason: removing name
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 11:52   #90
v10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 793
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post

I have asked the Sales rep to check again on the black series and he'll get back to me soon. Just in case he still says he can't import it, I am going to need your help in finding a dealership that can place the order for one. Is that okay?
even if he can , there are tons of dealers who can... but go for the clk blk series with hre p40's !! anyday more desirable than the c63..

Last edited by ajmat : 6th October 2008 at 15:34. Reason: removing name
v10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I drove a C63 AMG at Buddh!! Mercedes AMG Driving Academy Launched Rehaan Super-Cars & Imports in India 66 28th April 2016 10:43
Mercedes Benz C63 AMG at Auto Hangar hanmust Super-Cars & Imports in India 85 3rd April 2014 17:44
AMG teaser: Mercedes AMG Models: SL63, E63, C63, S65, SLK55, CLS63 sidindica Super-Cars & Imports in India 167 13th March 2014 20:55
Mercedes AMG Driving Academy Returns with the 2011 Mercedes SLS AMG Pg2 Official pics hanmust The International Automotive Scene 56 27th October 2010 18:44
Mercedes C63 AMG Wagon-Spy Shots merve_extreme The International Automotive Scene 3 6th June 2007 12:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks