Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 7th November 2008, 02:29   #121
BHPian

@9thsphinx - Thanks for reading. We reckon it is both the styling and the M badging. There are comparatively lesser people who really accept a 4-dr fast car over a 2-dr. Besides, M3 has hypnotised people since years now. Mind you, in a good way.

It is just that people primarily see a Merc as a luxury auto mobile and the BMW as a performance oriented one. In that case, it is obvious that the M3 is mostly preferred over the C63 by the youngsters or performance drivers.

Having driven the two makes the decision quite difficult though. Well, difficult in at least in our opinion.
Brosreview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2008, 08:26   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosreview View Post
@Nitronium - Hey there, thanks for reading and appreciating. The performance pack does add more brutality to the drive of the C63. Now, do not expect any extra bass in the growl as you will not be hearing any of that. But, you will get a limited slip diff. / locking rear differential, 10% stiffer suspension, composite brakes, aluminium trim, leather steering wheel. You would have noticed that there is no performance upgrade. But, then do you think it needs one?

Well, the result is good and bad. What's good is that the differential and the stiffer suspension allow different levels of traction and lateral grip which is not experienced in the standard C63. There is a lot of grip offered that it makes unsticking the C63 very hard. The diff. will further make sure that you are able to cope up.

What's bad is that the differential does make its presence known. It is noisy and gradually becomes intrusive.

What's bad is that you trade in comfort for the rigid chassis. The ride was already harsh on the standard C63. It is harder with the performance pack.

The "cope up" factor of the wheels pointed out in the review fades away. That means, it is better and more close to perfection. That means, it is slightly less exciting to drive. That means, and we mean this, it begins to feel like on tramlines.

If you ask us about owning one, we would ask you to re-think again and again. You see, the performance pack doesn't add any power. And, all the add-ons are frankly useless other than the differential, of course. However, the diff. is been given out as a separate option. The rest of the amount you pay makes the ride harder on the road and thus unsuitable for everyday driving.

So, you are better of sticking to the standard C63 and getting the differential fitted. You are better off enjoying a drunk status rather than blacking out and barfing. That, respectively is the difference between being in a C63 and a C63 with a performance pack.

@satansvalet - Hey there, thanks for reading. Umm, that is arguable. If you are a driver who likes to feel the mechanical engineering without the intervention of technology, the inline 6 is probably the M3 you should be seeking to buy. As you mentioned, it is more responsive. But, there will be a few people who will tell you that the V8 isn't bad either.

It is like the difference between the Evo VII and the Evo X.
Haha! Thanks for clearing that up. The next time i go shopping for a C63, i know what NOT to get with it
Nitronium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 19:48   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Nostalgia - there used to be the Merc 300SE 6.3
No. Its for tax reasons in Germany. The actual engine capacity is 6.208L, which needs to be rounded off to 6.3
e92335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 21:39   #124
BHPian

Default Re: Pics: Mercedes C63 AMG + Brosreview

Spotted what looked like a C63 AMG in front of my residence at Santacuz, Bombay.

Though i could spot AMG badges and even the C63 badging, i still had my doubts whether she was a genuine C63 AMG or just a badged one. Even the alloys look out of place.

Experts could you please confirm if this is a genuine C63 AMG.

PS: Posted the pics here, as i could find this thread apt. Mods, please move to appropriate if need be.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Mercedes C63 AMG + Brosreview-c63amg_2.jpg  

Attached Images

the_flying_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 22:21   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_flying_B View Post
Spotted what looked like a C63 AMG in front of my residence at Santacuz, Bombay.

Though i could spot AMG badges and even the C63 badging, i still had my doubts whether she was a genuine C63 AMG or just a badged one. Even the alloys look out of place.

PS: Posted the pics here, as i could find this thread apt. Mods, please move to appropriate if need be.
That is indeed a fake C63 AMG, and just a badge job.
carfreak77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2013, 10:30   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_flying_B View Post
This is a normal c class and not an AMG. The easiest way to make out if its a genuine AMG is check for the quad exhausts, the bonet of the AMG is different, the wheels , the fenders bulge out a bit and the rear boot has a diffuser.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 09:42   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
That is indeed a fake C63 AMG, and just a badge job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
This is a normal c class and not an AMG. The easiest way to make out if its a genuine AMG is check for the quad exhausts, the bonet of the AMG is different, the wheels , the fenders bulge out a bit and the rear boot has a diffuser.
Thank you carfreak77 & speedybhai for the info. Something just looked amiss when i spotted her. Still it was better to confirm here with the experts before posting blindly.

Anyways will keep an eye out for a genuine C63 AMG and hopefully will spot one soon.
the_flying_B is offline   Reply With Quote