Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 20th April 2008, 23:50   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Hey S2, didn't you mention it was blue in your first post?

@flyingspur - By the what was this even all about that they even had to change tires? That serious huh?
The car is blue. Sky blue with orange lipstick lol. And yeah they were demonstrating pitstops. 12 second stops over and over again. It was a lovely sight. Very professionally done. Especially the hydraulic jacks, the car being lifted in an instant on them was a sight. See them in my videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
this ain't thomas enge buddy.

I got an autograph of thomas.
Killer man. Email me the rest of your snaps! I didn't know you have your own Orion card and all. And yeah, I follow only F1 so i'm super stupid, I heard in the crowd that that guys the driver so I thought he was!
That WAS Mr. Hinduja after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Flyingspur, looks like these guys removed your videos ...
@straight6 i've quoted below, from my post in the earlier page. the videos and links are working yaar! which guys are you talking about? the mods or youtube? neither of them have worked about, the videos are fine. and yeah I ended up cussing in one of the videos, I was talking to jalsa about my dying cellphone battery that time! anyway pm me an e-mail and i'll mail you ALL the videos i have. they're pretty decent quality, enough to give you an diea of what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Why didn't I add the links to the videos in my last post. By the way I might have uttered something stupid in one of the videos. My bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Why wasn't this event publicised?! No news articles in papers & no reports on our news channels either!
I know man. I'd have flipped if someone clicked pics of a DBR9 a few hundred metres from my place and I didn't know about it!! No publicity at all.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 21st April 2008 at 00:00.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2008, 02:26   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Why wasn't this event publicised?! No news articles in papers & no reports on our news channels either!
it was only for invities.

people from Hinduja group, Gulf Oil, press and some.

there was a lot of press over there.
no clue why nothing came up in the papers or channels.
jalsa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2008, 11:48   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Post More pics and videos!

Here'a another couple of pics and videos. This is all I have (of acceptable quality).

cheers:

Name:  DSC00247.JPG
Views: 359
Size:  160.5 KB

Pics & Video: Aston Martin DB-R9 at event in Mumbai-dsc00250.jpg

Links to the videos :

Enjoy!
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2008, 13:11   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
OK i screwed up lol. I first typed cut him some slack but then wanted to give him a break. OK OK, mea culpa.

'Mea culpa'...WOW. You ARE erudite, Sir.

Reminds me of 'peccavi' sent by General Napier when he conquered Sindh in them days of the Raj.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 11:47   #50
BHPian

Lovely car there. Thanks for sharing the pics and the videos flyingspur. Jalsa thanks for sharing the pics as well. That car is one hell of a monster and that exhaust note makes it one killer machine.
dhaval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 14:20   #51
Senior - BHPian

An Aston Martin DBR9 in India... in amchi mumbai? Whoa that must have been a fantastic event. The sound of that beast must be really killer. thanks for the pics folks.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:28   #52
BHPian

I happened to be passing the sea link on saturday, got to see the aston making 3 runs, the sound of the engine was amazing. He did a couple of 180s (coming really close to the barricade) and stalled the engine once.

Great to see these kind of events happening in India.
R.P.M is offline   Reply With Quote