Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2008, 23:56   #31
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

the 'black' has a couple of bhp more than the c63 ...about 20 or so and is lighter due to removing the rear seats, replacing the electric ones with sport buckets in front, revoming a couple of airbags and installing carbon fiber hoods doors etc.

And we have to oogle on the AUDI R8 V12 TDI... 500BHP and 1000NM torque.. its the first diesel supercar and returns a good average too!!
Need_4_Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 00:19   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_4_Speed View Post
the 'black' has a couple of bhp more than the c63 ...about 20 or so and is lighter due to removing the rear seats, replacing the electric ones with sport buckets in front, revoming a couple of airbags and installing carbon fiber hoods doors etc.

And we have to oogle on the AUDI R8 V12 TDI... 500BHP and 1000NM torque.. its the first diesel supercar and returns a good average too!!
There is no C 63 Black series , yet.
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 08:29   #33
BHPian
 
punterccrx8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 717
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

If c63 amg costs around 80 lakhs,then its definitely worth considering that the m3 itself is 85 lakhs which has lesser grunt and appeal compared to the benzo.The merc has around 600 nm of torque which can take it from 0-100 in 4.5 seconds.thats close to murcielagos 3.8 secs.Thats why its the c63 for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
There is no C 63 Black series , yet.
I think they are talking about clk 63 amg black series.

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th February 2012 at 01:08.
punterccrx8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 08:47   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
If c63 amg costs around 80 lakhs,then its definitely worth considering that the m3 itself is 85 lakhs which has lesser grunt and appeal compared to the benzo.The merc has around 600 nm of torque which can take it from 0-100 in 4.5 seconds.thats close to murcielagos 3.8 secs.Thats why its the c63 for me!
Close to it? That's like saying that a 997 Carrera S has a 0-60mph time close to that of a F430.

As such the time you quote, is of the previous gen Murci. The LP , on paper, hits 100 kmph in 3.4 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
I think they are talking about clk 63 amg black series.

Oh okay. They should've mentioned as I did not see any reference.


P.S. - A budget car, that would make the LP nervous in a straight line, is the present gen ZO6.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 20th June 2008 at 08:48.
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 08:56   #35
BHPian
 
punterccrx8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 717
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

How about the viper?


And thats why i said murcielago only,not lp640.I love Murcielago.Im just trying to show how good the c63 is compared to the m3.

Last edited by punterccrx8s : 20th June 2008 at 08:59.
punterccrx8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 11:22   #36
BHPian
 
adityabenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 166
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Close to it? That's like saying that a 997 Carrera S has a 0-60mph time close to that of a F430.

As such the time you quote, is of the previous gen Murci. The LP , on paper, hits 100 kmph in 3.4 seconds.




Oh okay. They should've mentioned as I did not see any reference.


P.S. - A budget car, that would make the LP nervous in a straight line, is the present gen ZO6.
budget car as in ?? , lesser when compared to the italian exotics
but it makes not much of a difference in india i believe, coz the duty and import taxes take the price close to one crore !!!
coz the r-35 costs only around 35lac but landed cost is a whopping one crore !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@ecksreturns - I mean the RS4 not the RS6.
The current RS4 comes with a 4.2L V8 and I don't know much about the new one.
Here's a pic of the current RS4.
there is onr RS4 in bangalore
and btw the RS6 is an estate version of the RS4 !!

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st June 2008 at 01:54. Reason: Merged.
adityabenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 12:11   #37
BHPian
 
vcash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 453
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityabenz View Post
btw the RS6 is an estate version of the RS4 !!
Nope. The RS6 is based on the A6 and is a counterpart to the M5 / E63 AMG wagon's. It is available in Avant form on the A6/S6 and not the A4 / S4 / RS4. A saloon version is rumored to debut later this year.
vcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 12:32   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Nope. The RS6 is based on the A6 and is a counterpart to the M5 / E63 AMG wagon's. It is available in Avant form on the A6/S6 and not the A4 / S4 / RS4. A saloon version is rumored to debut later this year.
Yep, thats true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityabenz View Post
budget car as in ?? , lesser when compared to the italian exotics
but it makes not much of a difference in india i believe, coz the duty and import taxes take the price close to one crore !!!
coz the r-35 costs only around 35lac but landed cost is a whopping one crore !!
I was saying that as is in the United States. Wouldn't make sense at all to have and compare such legendary vehicles in India


Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
How about the viper?


And thats why i said murcielago only,not lp640.I love Murcielago.Im just trying to show how good the c63 is compared to the m3.
Oh, my bad then. C63 is a great car and fun to drive, but I'd still put my money, hands down , on the M3. Not in terms of performance, but overall features.
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 14:25   #39
BHPian
 
punterccrx8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 717
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Hmmm.Choices differ.The bavarian is good and all but the amg is a little better.Then again people have different views!Unless bmw releases its m3 sedan,it doesnt stand a chance atleast in India.
punterccrx8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 16:35   #40
BHPian
 
JayR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Paris, France.
Posts: 900
Thanked: 187 Times
Default M3 vs C63

Anyone caught Clarkson's verdict on these ? For those who didnt, he said that even though the RS4 and C63 were esentially copies of the M3, he would still buy the C63. Cause of it's insanity ! And i agree with him.
JayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 17:10   #41
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Hmmm.Choices differ.The bavarian is good and all but the amg is a little better.Then again people have different views!Unless bmw releases its m3 sedan,it doesnt stand a chance atleast in India.
ummm.. the m3 sedan is already released my friend.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 17:18   #42
BHPian
 
punterccrx8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 717
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

In India???Im not sure.Still i say the c63 has more appeal.Also another better option than the c63 would be the rs4.But that hasn't and mostly wont released in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityabenz View Post
there is onr RS4 in bangalore
and btw the RS6 is an estate version of the RS4 !!


Baji,RS6 is the estate version of A6,not rs4!

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st June 2008 at 01:53. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes of posting instead of making consecutive posts. Thanks.
punterccrx8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 17:58   #43
BHPian
 
adityabenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 166
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Baji,RS6 is the estate version of A6,not rs4!
oops my bad ...
and the M3 is officialy relased in india !!!
or so i guess , thats why they had got it in the auto expo .
and AUDI might be working on bringing their RS4 to India considering its german counterparts have already released their cars here !!
adityabenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 18:40   #44
BHPian
 
punterccrx8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 717
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Im talkin about four door m3! The m3 sedan!

Mercedes Benz C63 AMG at Auto Hangar-2008bmwm3sedan31.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st June 2008 at 01:52.
punterccrx8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 19:38   #45
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Im talkin about four door m3.
im pretty sure its already been released.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I drove a C63 AMG at Buddh!! Mercedes AMG Driving Academy Launched Rehaan Super-Cars & Imports in India 66 28th April 2016 10:43
AMG teaser: Mercedes AMG Models: SL63, E63, C63, S65, SLK55, CLS63 sidindica Super-Cars & Imports in India 167 13th March 2014 20:55
Auto Hangar & Mercedes Benz - Pathetic Service MumBiker Indian Car Dealerships 19 15th February 2014 17:59
Auto Hangar's new Mercedes-Benz showroom @ Mumbai GTO Indian Car Dealerships 2 20th August 2012 17:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks