Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2008, 19:40   #46
BHPian
 
punterccrx8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 717
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Ok.But in india?Im not sure!
punterccrx8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 07:05   #47
BHPian
 
adityabenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 166
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Ok.But in india?Im not sure!
as of now the 4 door M3 has no been released here !!
i'd call it WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING !!!
adityabenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 22:01   #48
BHPian
 
designersf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ann Arbor
Posts: 602
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

what??why dont u get a lsd as standard on such a high performance car?
designersf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 01:24   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
kbk_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 343 Times
Default

Just got home from the Mercedes Benz golf awards ceremony in Pune. They had the awards, a fashion show and then dinner and drinks. They also had three AMGs and an M class on display.

There was an SL63 AMG, a C63 AMG and a CLS63 AMG. Good, fun evening all-in-all.

I'm looking forward to Monday though, 'cause I am going to their Chakan factory to check out the AMG range and be given a tour of the factory!
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 01:47   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
kbk_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 343 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Hmmm.Choices differ.The bavarian is good and all but the amg is a little better.Then again people have different views!Unless bmw releases its m3 sedan,it doesnt stand a chance atleast in India.
Actually the M3 is selling really well. I was told that they sold 14 M3s in December 2008! That is an amazing figure, given that we are in the midst of a worldwide recession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityabenz View Post
as of now the 4 door M3 has no been released here !!
i'd call it WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING !!!
That is correct, no E90 M3 in India. Dunno why they decided to do this though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
what??why dont u get a lsd as standard on such a high performance car?
Cost, my friend. An LSD is available as an option though.
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 00:12   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,455
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

A day or two back when I was in a ric. I guess I saw a dark grey E90 M3 with red plates pass by.
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 00:37   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
kbk_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 343 Times
Default

E90, 4 door, are you sure? If it was it must be a grey import.
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 06:30   #53
BHPian
 
punterccrx8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 717
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Actually the M3 is selling really well. I was told that they sold 14 M3s in December 2008!
What!!!!!!!.Actually now I realise that the E90 is a much better option than the c63.But I do hate it when they put the m5 rims on the m3.I like the stock m3 rims better.
punterccrx8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:16   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,455
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
E90, 4 door, are you sure? If it was it must be a grey import.
What do white numbers on red plates signify?
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:31   #55
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
What do white numbers on red plates signify?
temporary registration
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 02:21   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
kbk_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 343 Times
Default

So had a great tour of the MB factory and got to play with the SL63 and C63 as well. Even dragged the C63 with my M3 a few times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
What do white numbers on red plates signify?
Yes, temp reg, but did the car you see have 4 doors?

Last edited by ajmat : 24th March 2009 at 06:54.
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 08:22   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
So had a great tour of the MB factory and got to play with the SL63 and C63 as well. Even dragged the C63 with my M3 a few times!



Yes, temp reg, but did the car you see have 4 doors?
What was the result of that drag?
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 08:47   #58
v10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 793
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
What was the result of that drag?
ideally, the drag between the C63 and M3 should be neck to neck and if there is a lead in a straight line the AMG should win.

Also
Fact: "The SL63 is in fact a tenth of a second slower than the car it replaces!"
v10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 11:53   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
kbk_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 343 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
What was the result of that drag?
M3 was consistently slightly quicker than C63. We only had enough space to get to the top of 3rd gear (around 170 Km/h or so). It's possible that the C63 will get quicker as its engine gets opened-up, the car was quite new. Strangely, though, they were quite level off the line but the M3 was pulling ahead as we got faster. I was not expecting that.

C63 is a lovely car too, makes a super sound, but the level of involvement is far lower because of the auto 'box, at least to my eyes.

I found the interiors of the C63 to also be slightly disappointing. The ride of the C63 was quite good, but perhaps this was because we had absolutely flat, well surfaced tarmac to drive on. I still don't know whether or not the ride would be acceptable on our regular streets.

The big bug-bear is price. To spec the C63 nicely you have to spend quite a bit extra and this takes the car's price a good deal higher than the M3.

At any rate it was a thrill to get to play with all the cars and I had a great day!
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 12:32   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
M3 was consistently slightly quicker than C63. We only had enough space to get to the top of 3rd gear (around 170 Km/h or so). It's possible that the C63 will get quicker as its engine gets opened-up, the car was quite new. Strangely, though, they were quite level off the line but the M3 was pulling ahead as we got faster. I was not expecting that.

C63 is a lovely car too, makes a super sound, but the level of involvement is far lower because of the auto 'box, at least to my eyes.

I found the interiors of the C63 to also be slightly disappointing. The ride of the C63 was quite good, but perhaps this was because we had absolutely flat, well surfaced tarmac to drive on. I still don't know whether or not the ride would be acceptable on our regular streets.

The big bug-bear is price. To spec the C63 nicely you have to spend quite a bit extra and this takes the car's price a good deal higher than the M3.

At any rate it was a thrill to get to play with all the cars and I had a great day!

Considering that your car was a manual gearbox , we can then safely assume that the M3 with the DCT (the one that I am getting) will be quicker by a good length.
The fact that the interiors of the C63 were disappointing is something I can vouch for. And yes the suspension is okay for daily driving on indian roads as I drove it around town.
The price is what clinched the cancellation for me. Goes well over a crore with good options.
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I drove a C63 AMG at Buddh!! Mercedes AMG Driving Academy Launched Rehaan Super-Cars & Imports in India 66 28th April 2016 10:43
AMG teaser: Mercedes AMG Models: SL63, E63, C63, S65, SLK55, CLS63 sidindica Super-Cars & Imports in India 167 13th March 2014 20:55
Auto Hangar & Mercedes Benz - Pathetic Service MumBiker Indian Car Dealerships 19 15th February 2014 17:59
Auto Hangar's new Mercedes-Benz showroom @ Mumbai GTO Indian Car Dealerships 2 20th August 2012 17:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:02.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks