Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2008, 22:00   #1
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Default Hyderabad: BMW 650i Sports Coupe Spotted

Today, while driving back from work, near the HDFC bank near Jubliee Hills saw a Greyish-brown BMW 650i being driven by a very youngish man.

I am saying its a sports sedan because it was just a two seater and it didn't look like a regular sports car ( you know lean and mean) but, was almost like a 7-series, huge and luxurious.

Seeing this model for the first time and it sure was breathtaking, since the traffic was fast, couldn't take a picture.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 00:44   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Nag's car, IIRC. Must be his son, or his nephew. Also watch out for a white TT, latest gen, with the V6 and Quattro.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 02:31   #3
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Ive seen the M6 in blue colour at Rhapsody a couple of months back. Huge! And my friend got a bmw imported too, well before Delta motors was put up. He told me its a M6 before. Here is a pic of his car. I dont think it is a M6. Anyways once am back into India, am going to meet him and check out his car. Will get more pics then.
Attached Images
 
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 07:55   #4
BHPian
 
vcash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 453
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Ive seen the M6 in blue colour at Rhapsody a couple of months back. Huge! And my friend got a bmw imported too, well before Delta motors was put up. He told me its a M6 before. Here is a pic of his car. I dont think it is a M6. Anyways once am back into India, am going to meet him and check out his car. Will get more pics then.
If the picture you have attached is your friend's car - That is not a M6. Neither is it a M5 for that matter. Looks to be a plain jane 5 series. Unless it is is a 'specially modifiied' "M525i6"!

These types of cars are very exclusive in India - The other day I saw a BMW MX5! That's right - this was no Mazda - But a special M version of the X5 and it had a 3.0d - Clearly it was supecharged 8 times along with the M Badge contributing it's share of HP.
vcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 09:46   #5
BHPian
 
mtnrajdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 647
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

I happened to see a dark colored 650i in the lanes near Andhra Bank in SR Nagar when I was in Hyderabad a couple of weeks back!
mtnrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 10:07   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Dubai
Posts: 32
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Today, while driving back from work, near the HDFC bank near Jubliee Hills saw a Greyish-brown BMW 650i being driven by a very youngish man.

I am saying its a sports sedan because it was just a two seater and it didn't look like a regular sports car ( you know lean and mean) but, was almost like a 7-series, huge and luxurious.

Seeing this model for the first time and it sure was breathtaking, since the traffic was fast, couldn't take a picture.
A 2 door car is never referred to as a Sedan, it is always a Coupe if its a hardtop. Roadster, spider, cabriolet, convertible, etc if it doesnt have a roof :-)

A 650i is NOT a Sports Sedan, but it is a Coupe unless you saw the convertible :-)
akzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 10:43   #7
BHPian
 
rajismine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 515
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

you can see this car at jubilee check post almost 2-3 times a day . Is really breathtaking.

There are two 7 series and a Lamborghini too in road 9 jubilee hills.

Rajeev

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Today, while driving back from work, near the HDFC bank near Jubliee Hills saw a Greyish-brown BMW 650i being driven by a very youngish man.

I am saying its a sports sedan because it was just a two seater and it didn't look like a regular sports car ( you know lean and mean) but, was almost like a 7-series, huge and luxurious.

Seeing this model for the first time and it sure was breathtaking, since the traffic was fast, couldn't take a picture.
rajismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 10:50   #8
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
you can see this car at jubilee check post almost 2-3 times a day . Is really breathtaking.

There are two 7 series and a Lamborghini too in road 9 jubilee hills.

Rajeev
I saw a M6 near that place but like I said it was blue. There is a huge house near Rhapsody when you go towards the check post where, there is a X5 too.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 11:24   #9
BHPian
 
abhiram7912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York, Hyderabad
Posts: 147
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

i saw a beige color 7 series at the ntv telugu office. he also has a X5 old on may be 2003 . its is shown on in an interview with tv9 auto show i donot know the name of the show.
abhiram7912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 11:34   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
himanshugoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: !!!!
Posts: 2,005
Thanked: 1,018 Times
Default

I have regularly seen a white 650i parked at the Sailing club. dont know who it belongs to though

also, does spotting a 5 or a 7 really make news anymore in Hyd.

5s are more common that new E classes and the ultimate sight I saw was a black 525d parked right in front of the display window of the mercedes benz showroom in jubilee Hills and the way it was parked was that a black E class was staring at it thru the showroom window!
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 19:10   #11
BHPian
 
skyline gtr r34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: DELHI
Posts: 231
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

thats a normal 5 series maybe 530i
skyline gtr r34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 16:43   #12
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akzz View Post
A 2 door car is never referred to as a Sedan, it is always a Coupe if its a hardtop. Roadster, spider, cabriolet, convertible, etc if it doesnt have a roof :-)

A 650i is NOT a Sports Sedan, but it is a Coupe unless you saw the convertible :-)
Thanks for correcting. I know the definitions of all the shapes of the car. Maybe in my excitement i just overlooked.

Himanshu, if it was a normal 5 or 7 series sedan, i wouldn't be suprised. But, since it was not one and i never seen this model in flesh before was the reason to post it here. I agree, BMW's in Hyderabad is getting to be a little too common.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 17:00   #13
BHPian
 
adityabenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 166
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

even when u are asleep u'd be able to spot the difference between a 6 and a 5 !!!
adityabenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 18:58   #14
BHPian
 
mezereo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 125
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

I see a M6 almost everyday at annapoorna studios which is just adjacent to my office.
driver is the son of actor nagarjuna
mezereo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 19:24   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Hyd
Posts: 1,235
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezereo View Post
I see a M6 almost everyday at annapoorna studios which is just adjacent to my office.
driver is the son of actor nagarjuna
Annapoorna studios belongs to the ANR(Akkineni Nageshwar Rao, father of Nagarjuna) family, so the car would be.
"driver" ???? ...

@mods and all team-bhpians,
How far is it right to identify the owners of high end cars in a public forum???

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 19th June 2008 at 19:25.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pre-owned BMW 650i? Fiddler Luxury, Imports & Niche 42 30th October 2017 17:23
2007 BMW 650i v10 Super-Cars & Imports in India 51 14th August 2017 11:30
2011 BMW 650i Convertible revealed sidindica The International Automotive Scene 8 21st November 2010 21:48
Radical BMW Efficient Dynamics sports coupe concept revealed sidindica The International Automotive Scene 12 14th September 2009 09:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks