Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2008, 19:16   #1
BHPian
 
Fireblader85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 208
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Pics: Lexus LS600 Hybrid L saloon in Mumbai

Just arrived few days ago. A brand new Lexus LS600 Hybrid long wheel base , grey exterior with beige interiors. The car is fully loaded with all options to the core. The most facinating thing about this car is its Auto Park Assist. The way the car parks itself is a treat to watch. The car is amazing to drive and is so silent that you do not feel that the car is idling.

Here are some pictures. Enjoy!!
Attached Images
         
Fireblader85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 19:19   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default

wow. now thats classy. fireblader i assume your bringing that to the meet?
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 19:27   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
Dippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 7,269
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
wow. now thats classy. fireblader i assume your bringing that to the meet?

Sorry akshay but we are getting the OHC
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 19:33   #4
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

WOW!!!
That's one of the best engineered cars in the world. A true competitor to be the best car in the world.
I salute those who bought this car.

Thanks for sharing the pics here, Gatkoo!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 20:00   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
jesal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

now that is a nice hybrid. how much is this on road in bombay
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 20:17   #6
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,883
Thanked: 9,697 Times
Default

mileage kya hai ?

Will be a hit
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 20:24   #7
BHPian
 
GTI WR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 209
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Interesting. I thought this car was only targeted for the US market.

I believe its got over 430 hp.

Beautiful and intelligent car.

Last edited by GTI WR6 : 20th June 2008 at 20:26.
GTI WR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 20:36   #8
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

Fantastic. Where will the hydrogen come from though? As usual a nice photoshoot at Bandstand! And that's quite an array of xenons. Although one thing about Lexuses as usual; they should really start using more authentic-looking and less jhataack wood inserts! Even the Lexus SC I sat in had nice interiors except I felt the wood inserts, exactly the same shade as these, cheapened the overall look. And JC said the Auto-park feature was crap. Any chance you still have this car around? I'd love to see you execute the auto-park,FB. Or rather let the auto-park execute itself. Is the 8-speed A/T smooth and reliable? I've read about it having too manyr atios for its own good, left searching for gears on several occasions without prior warning. That, as a driving experience, would be utterly wierd.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 20th June 2008 at 20:37.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 21:08   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
1Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago/Delhi
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: Once
Default

i love the new LS, they are such good looking cars and a hybrid in india is sure different. Way to go..how much is the landed cost of the car? less than 1 cr or about 1 cr i would imagine?
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 21:08   #10
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: London
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0 Times
Default hybrid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Fantastic. Where will the hydrogen come from though? As usual a nice photoshoot at Bandstand! And that's quite an array of xenons. Although one thing about Lexuses as usual; they should really start using more authentic-looking and less jhataack wood inserts! Even the Lexus SC I sat in had nice interiors except I felt the wood inserts, exactly the same shade as these, cheapened the overall look. And JC said the Auto-park feature was crap. Any chance you still have this car around? I'd love to see you execute the auto-park,FB. Or rather let the auto-park execute itself. Is the 8-speed A/T smooth and reliable? I've read about it having too manyr atios for its own good, left searching for gears on several occasions without prior warning. That, as a driving experience, would be utterly wierd.
hydrogen?? its a petrol and electric combo! abt 438hp..doesnt use hydrogen...its supposed to give abt 20mpg or somethin like that its the most fuel efficient in its class..like the Sclass and audi A8
cheers!
Maranello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 21:56   #11
BHPian
 
gr8guzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 649
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Nice Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblader85 View Post
The most facinating thing about this car is its Auto Park Assist. The way the car parks itself is a treat to watch.
TG had shown this on one of their shows, it was great.

Cheers!!!
gr8guzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 21:58   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
1Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago/Delhi
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Nice Car.



TG had shown this on one of their shows, it was great.

Cheers!!!
but it truely is a wasteful feature(IMHO ofcourse). I see no use of it besides that japs wanted to show it can be done!!! well congrats on the engg guys but still useless
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 21:58   #13
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

But Guzzu, In the Show, It didnt park itself!! It crashed into the wall remember??
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2008, 00:15   #14
BHPian
 
JayR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Paris, France.
Posts: 900
Thanked: 187 Times
Default Park assist

It kept touching the wall cause Hammond set the cool wall as the park area (the whole green square thing). it then almost parked itself, say 60%.

But lovely car, none the less. Love the blue Lexus symbols on the grille, and the boot. IMO the best luxury sedan for battling traffic, and saving the environment a bit.
JayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2008, 00:30   #15
BHPian
 
gr8guzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 649
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
but it truely is a wasteful feature(IMHO ofcourse).
I agree, in the show, Hammond mentioned that it was a feature made for old people to park their cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
But Guzzu, In the Show, It didnt park itself!! It crashed into the wall remember??
Yeah, for the first time, it worked in the second attempt.
gr8guzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Citroen DS5 Hybrid - World's 1st production diesel hybrid cr4nkshaft The International Automotive Scene 0 12th October 2013 08:37
Pics: 2004 Jaguar XJ Saloon in Mumbai Stratos Super-Cars & Imports in India 52 11th June 2012 13:14
TVS Goes Hybrid - Hybrid Streak parimal_g Motorbikes 7 12th February 2010 16:10
Pics : A Lexus Hybrid Spotted In Bangalore!!!! iceman91 Super-Cars & Imports in India 26 23rd October 2007 09:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks