Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 26th December 2009, 15:05   #76
BHPian

a test car came to chennai yesterday ,my friend who is with mitsubishi told me that , he infact asked me on the availability of speed 97..the car is being shipped to delhi for the auto expo and will be launched at 40 lacs approx
mlcarrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 21:47   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcarrera View Post
a test car came to chennai yesterday ,my friend who is with mitsubishi told me that , he infact asked me on the availability of speed 97..the car is being shipped to delhi for the auto expo and will be launched at 40 lacs approx
is 40 lacs on road or Ex showroom.I feel that 40 lac for Mistsubishi Evo X seems to be high,when you have BMW,AUDI and MB in that range which has better brand value.

Mistsubishi need to follow CDK route to reduce the cost to at least 30 lacs.
Sudan_NFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 11:19   #78
BHPian

Very Common in KSA & owned by employees.
bugatti_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 15:31   #79
BHPian

At 40lac the Evo's will sell like hot cakes. The is a true icon of sports cars. I don't think people will cross shop a Evo with 200hp benz or crappy bimmer, so Mitsubishi will have a niche market all to themselves. Also from first hand experience with the M3 and Evo, the Evo is much better of the two. Still 30Lac would be great, but we can only dream.
NRIturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 16:22   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRIturbo View Post
At 40lac the Evo's will sell like hot cakes. The is a true icon of sports cars. I don't think people will cross shop a Evo with 200hp benz or crappy bimmer, so Mitsubishi will have a niche market all to themselves. Also from first hand experience with the M3 and Evo, the Evo is much better of the two. Still 30Lac would be great, but we can only dream.
that is exactly what i wanted to say, several enthusiasts that i have spoken to are exited about this car, right from people who have been racing for the last 25 years. have loads of appreciation for what this car can do at that price
mlcarrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 19:00   #81
Senior - BHPian

I concur on this with mlcarrera and NRITurbo. At that price , the level of performance that can be extracted from an EVO is a bargain of sorts. Expect to see one in our garage if and when it is launched by Mitsu india.
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 19:38   #82
Senior - BHPian

Latest issue of Autocar reports that the Evo X will not be on display in the Auto show. :(

Another case of HM living up to 'expectations'?
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 20:29   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Speaking of Evo X's , here's a pic of the same.
Attached Images

manishasrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 01:10   #84
BANNED

I see that tackiness has got the best of the EVO!! God Save her.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 07:20   #85
Senior - BHPian

When do we get the Body kit ?! I'm dying to cloth my lancer with that kit. Is it available somewhere in India ?
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 16:57   #86

Oh nice snapshots of the evo, you guys should really see the new lancer EX and GT models which is released around the Mid-East, it is nearly the exact copy of the new evo, it's a stripped down version of the evo, basically they tried making it civil. but it still packs killer looks, If this was released in India, oh what a hype it would become. Check out this link

Mitsubishi Motors

Last edited by GTO : 20th February 2010 at 13:52. Reason: Removing dead image link. Please refer to the FAQ for instructions on uploading attachments / pictures.
thesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 14:40   #87

Hey Friends ! Just checked Mitsubishi Motors today & saw the upcoming Evo X link ,but the link is not functional yet. But atleast, its now confirmed that finally Evo X is coming to India.Eagerly waiting for its launch!
Raj_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 15:53   #88
BHPian

Today's DT states that Evo X has been launched in India
speedfreak01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 17:09   #89
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 15th July 2010 at 15:07.
anupam9557 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 14th July 2010, 17:28   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
haha 19 laks car sold for 50 laks, only in this stupid country... is india the only country that charges like this or are there any other places that charge like this as well????? i dont know what india people are smokin for such taxes, its not like they are using the taxes properly as well. idiots
Jesal you should see the taxes in Singapore and Nepal then and these are countries that do not manufacture their own cars. The heavy taxation, if removed, would then open the for all foreign brands in direct competition with
the ones available here. Not going to happen. It will kill the local industry.

Then again at one time we used to pay exorbitant prices for a really old car. I remember many years ago, when one could only buy an imported car through the STC, if one got a Mercedes for price X you could sell it for X+....a few years ago. Buying an imported car was more like an investment. See the prices today. I remember selling my Maruti 800s for a higher price than i bought them for the first two models. Competition is healthy but not if it kills your own manufacturers. Hence the high taxation. Im not saying im for the high taxes though.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote