Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2008, 12:59   #91
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dubai-Chennai
Posts: 304
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

I think we should ease off blaming the driver. It can happen to the best of us. Those of you who have mastered your daily driver can get into accidents. Dont tell me Schumacher or Senna have never had car crashes. Sometimes things just happen beyond your control. This owner has had the LP640 for a while now and Im sure by this time he knew the car inside out and its limits. But roads the world over can be tricky. There can be oil spills, sand you name it that can throw off even the best traction control systems. And high performance cars no matter how much you master them, you'll have your moments when something almost goes wrong and you get scared off your head. I dont think we should blame the owner without actually owning one of these cars.

Its sad to see the greatest hypercar of our generation in such a sorry state. And those prices (3.5c) is probably being asked by the dealer who might not reveal the fact that its been crashed once. I hope the owner didnt brush off the accident and actually felt a big sense of loss. She was exquisite.
BEEM3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 14:28   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,342
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
I think we should ease off blaming the driver. It can happen to the best of us. Those of you who have mastered your daily driver can get into accidents. Dont tell me Schumacher or Senna have never had car crashes. Sometimes things just happen beyond your control. This owner has had the LP640 for a while now and Im sure by this time he knew the car inside out and its limits. But roads the world over can be tricky. There can be oil spills, sand you name it that can throw off even the best traction control systems. And high performance cars no matter how much you master them, you'll have your moments when something almost goes wrong and you get scared off your head. I dont think we should blame the owner without actually owning one of these cars.

Its sad to see the greatest hypercar of our generation in such a sorry state. And those prices (3.5c) is probably being asked by the dealer who might not reveal the fact that its been crashed once. I hope the owner didnt brush off the accident and actually felt a big sense of loss. She was exquisite.
Race car drivers are driving at the limit all the time, so their accidents are justified. You are not supposed to be driving any car at its limit on the street. With some of the fattest tyres and powerful brakes on a road going car, there is no excuse for losing control. Unless, of course, the driver was intoxicated.

Last edited by straight6 : 9th August 2008 at 14:31.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 14:38   #93
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,878
Thanked: 3,262 Times
Default

It may or may not be the fault of the driver. Without knowing the facts why are we blaming the driver for this accident. The accident could have happened due to other reasons such as :
- Oil Spill / Water spill on the road.
- Someone / vehicle coming suddenly in the middle of the road.

We have come across so many accidents on Team-BHP involving members too where they have shared their experiences. Somehow we never blame them, but we blame the third party. But when its someone outside the forum, we always blame him for rash driving / drunk driving.

Quote:
With some of the fattest tyres and powerful brakes, there is no excuse for losing control of this car. Unless, of course, the driver was intoxicated.
Would that mean that all Supercar accidents are the drivers fault. So, everything that we see on Wreckedexotics are because the drivers were drunk. So what if a Supercar has the fattest tyres and powerful brakes, does that mean it would never crash.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 15:35   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,342
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
It may or may not be the fault of the driver. Without knowing the facts why are we blaming the driver for this accident. The accident could have happened due to other reasons such as :
- Oil Spill / Water spill on the road.
- Someone / vehicle coming suddenly in the middle of the road.

We have come across so many accidents on Team-BHP involving members too where they have shared their experiences. Somehow we never blame them, but we blame the third party. But when its someone outside the forum, we always blame him for rash driving / drunk driving.



Would that mean that all Supercar accidents are the drivers fault. So, everything that we see on Wreckedexotics are because the drivers were drunk. So what if a Supercar has the fattest tyres and powerful brakes, does that mean it would never crash.
I don't think you've been following the thread. S600 seems to know the owner and has clearly said that the driver lost control while taking a right.

Oil and water spills? C'mon, don't make it sound like this is a car from the 60's. Its got everything you need for handling and stopping.

Someone/some car coming in the way? Now, that's something that cant be ruled out in India.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 15:58   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
canonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,466
Thanked: 188 Times
Default

straight6 is right YOU CANNOT BE DRIVING THESE CARS ON CITY STREETS THE WAY THIS ONE WAS COME RAIN/OIL SLICKS....THIS WHOLE BENEFIT OF DOUBT BUSINESS IS GETTING A LITTLE STALE....WHICH ONE OF YOU CAN SITE SEENA/SHUMACHER AND THEIR CARS BEING IN THE STATE THIS ONE WAS ON A "CITY STREET"!!!!!!....THIS KIND OF OVERSIGHT OF PULLING ANYCOMPARISION THAT JUSTIFY YOUR ARGUMENT IS STRETCHING IT...It is this kind of "chalta hai" attitude that could lead our country to the dogs if continued...look at our legal system I bet if he ran someone over he would be out like most others and I think it is us the masses who behave irresponsibilly and wath things as they continue to happen and then you have folks like V12 absolving the driver. V12 I am not sure if you have driven in other countries or have ever had such an accident...I have and the cops book you for neglegant driving as such accidents can never happen technically because the speed limits are set in such a way that short of a natural calamity this never happens without human error....I am sure if you drive a lamborgini in India you have some global perspective to follow your own speed limit even if not posted on the road....you never know the that stretch does have some decent road signs in Santacurz/Kalina I think we need to stop molicodoling people in India...pardon my spelling!!!!

One thing I agree with V12 on is there are a few groups/clicks on this site who are only talking amongst themselves ignoring contributions from new entrants no wonder no one has the guts to own up to their driving mistakes as V12 has clearly illustrated.
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 16:07   #96
Senior - BHPian
 
canonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,466
Thanked: 188 Times
Default

One glarring fact I still see in our country is we are always defensive and ready to say "not my fault" when that fact is we are most times at fault making mistakes breaking the law and to busy denying it than fixing and redusing the number mistakes we make. How many on this forum actually stop their car whilst getting out of their building gates to let a pedestrian who was already crossing cross??? I doubt there would be many..how many of us follow lane discipline or stop before the Zebra...everyone wants to cut lines get ahead and the best joke is you are all back together at the next junction the ones who sped ahead & the ones who were left behind.

Guys lets start fixing our attitudes and grow up....that car is all smashed up under an overpass/flyover and the way it looks you can't expect anyone to believe it ws negligent driving and nothing else...call the Santacruz police station and ask any beat cop in Marathi who was at fault on the lambo accident u will get your answere.
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 16:12   #97
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,878
Thanked: 3,262 Times
Default

Quote:
It may or may not be the fault of the driver.
My first sentence itself makes it clear that I am not absolving the driver. The only thing I am saying is that we are making baseless allegations on the driver without knowing the facts. S600 did mention that the driver lost control of the vehicle while negotiating a turn. Maybe the driver was inexperienced, maybe he was too fast and so he lost control, maybe he didnt know the car's capabalities, maybe this maybe that...... I dont know the reason why he lost control and neither does anyone on the forum.

So on what basis are we blaming the driver here? Thats my point. If anyone has the exact facts on how the accident took place, we could discuss this further.

And I do agree with you and straight6 that street roads are not where you should test the limits of your car. If owners can afford a 4-cr supercar, they can very well afford to do the same on a track instead of public roads.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 16:17   #98
BHPian
 
Brabus E V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: London/NewDelhi
Posts: 388
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Guys the reason I believe the driver is at fault is because you can clearly see from the picture that the way the car is smashed, it is clear he must be more than the legal limit (which I think is 60KMPH..sorry if I am wrong!).

Now if you drive your car above the speed limit, no matter what comes in front of you (A pedestrian, dog, cow, SHARP RIGHT TURN), it is obviously the drivers fault.

Plus the fact that this is a supercar that is completely different to a normal car, so you need to drive it with due care and according to the road conditions.
Brabus E V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 16:27   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
canonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,466
Thanked: 188 Times
Default

BEEM3R.....I hope the authorities in Dubai are not reading your threads!!! kidding...jokes appart do you have a driving license I wonder all that emmotional stuff about blaming the driver and owning such cars...etc You seem to have a unique way of how to bring logic into this....I would be scared to live in place where you were incharge of drafting the laws. You may say tom that you cannot charge a lambo driver on negligence if no lambo has ever carshed in India before...or better yet you cannot be the officer who arrest a lambo driver if u never arrested one before
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 19:00   #100
BHPian
 
Immobiliare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: london-bangalore
Posts: 34
Thanked: 0 Times
Default LP crash

wow!! guys i think we should just wait for the facts and then decide who's at fault instead of fighting over fiction! all i can say is that anything can happen on the road especially in india so cant really blame anyone! so lets just wait and see if anyone can get the facts!

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th August 2008 at 03:45. Reason: jus = just, anythin = anything. Please type in full words as per team-bhp rules.
Immobiliare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 19:57   #101
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

I'll summarize the thread.

Guys buys LP, guy drives LP, guy crashes LP, guy lives.

The End.

This forum is for discussing super cars and imports brothers. Not how one can crash it. Let's end this.
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 20:05   #102
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,878
Thanked: 3,262 Times
Default

Perfect summary ecks.

X-machine : Did you manage to get the pics of the car?
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 23:47   #103
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 967
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
I'll summarize the thread.

Guys buys LP, guy drives LP, guy crashes LP, guy lives.

The End.

This forum is for discussing super cars and imports brothers. Not how one can crash it. Let's end this.
..and MOST IMPORTANTLY he didn't end up killing anybody else. He is just plain lucky.
Torqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 00:47   #104
Senior - BHPian
 
aniguchisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
I'll summarize the thread.

Guys buys LP, guy drives LP, guy crashes LP, guy lives.

The End.

This forum is for discussing super cars and imports brothers. Not how one can crash it. Let's end this.
...followed by other guys spending far too much time scrutinising the fortune cum misfortune of the LP owner.

By the way, congrats on the splendid new LP mate. Drive safe. The last thing we want is another irritating thread like this on your beast. What's coming home next? Keep me updated, I quite like your collection - though I'm sure I speak for many a bhp brethren.

Last edited by aniguchisan : 10th August 2008 at 00:55.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 00:53   #105
BHPian
 
razrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 171
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

I actually feel like crying.
Hope other exotic owners learn something from this. Because i have seen many exotic owners 'rip' their cars. And that too rip them bad on the wrong roads !


Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
As far as India being a poor country, its all a lie, in our country the street kids play in lambos !!!!
Superb.
razrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spotted: Black Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 currently in Delhi (Vid : Post #67) varun_patra Super-Cars & Imports in India 87 2nd August 2010 07:05
iForge Promo Using Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 hanmust The International Automotive Scene 1 28th October 2009 13:49
Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano OR Lamborghini Murcielago LP640.. Choose Dippy The International Automotive Scene 72 4th May 2008 13:33
Edo Competition Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 997TT The International Automotive Scene 1 23rd June 2007 09:29
Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Superveloce pawan The International Automotive Scene 1 30th May 2007 00:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks