Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2009, 15:42   #1516
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7,892
Thanked: 5,568 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Taxi reg. ? Are you sure ? or was it some Temp. Registration stuff. Wonder why would any one personally import a TT under EPCG scheme when it is officially available in the Country, I dont think there will be much of a Price Advantage.
Of course there will be a price difference. If one imports the car through the EPCG scheme, he/she would be exempted from the duties irrespective of whether it's officially or unofficially available here.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 15:54   #1517
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Of course there will be a price difference. If one imports the car through the EPCG scheme, he/she would be exempted from the duties irrespective of whether it's officially or unofficially available here.
Thanks for the Info. But real bad idea to amke these beauties look like Cabs. Though the LP640 guy in Pune has gone a step ahead and got a Yellow LP and just wrote the number in Black. Lol. Smarty !!
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 15:59   #1518
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7,892
Thanked: 5,568 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Thanks for the Info. But real bad idea to amke these beauties look like Cabs. Though the LP640 guy in Pune has gone a step ahead and got a Yellow LP and just wrote the number in Black. Lol. Smarty !!
Hold on a tick! Wasn't that Murcielago LP 640 in Mumbai earlier? The same one that was written off sometime back?
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 16:19   #1519
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Hold on a tick! Wasn't that Murcielago LP 640 in Mumbai earlier? The same one that was written off sometime back?
There is a Yellow one in Mumbai, But i dont think its the same one, This one is privately imported and belongs to the Bhoasle's.(0088 gang)
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 16:21   #1520
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7,892
Thanked: 5,568 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
There is a Yellow one in Mumbai, But i dont think its the same one, This one is privately imported and belongs to the Bhoasle's.(0088 gang)
Sorry for the mix-up! My bad! I remember an LP 640 that was featured in BS Motoring and the number plate was very distinctive! It looked like it was written on!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 16:42   #1521
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

Lol.BS Motoring one?? Thats the same one from Pune.I thought you must be pointing to another one in Mumbai which is also Yellow. Now "My Bad". did'nt notice the 0088 and Bhoasle's?? The Article also featured Amit Bhoasle(then 19) with the car.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 16:46   #1522
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7,892
Thanked: 5,568 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Lol.BS Motoring one?? Thats the same one from Pune.I thought you must be pointing to another one in Mumbai which is also Yellow. Now "My Bad". did'nt notice the 0088 and Bhoasle's?? The Article also featured Amit Bhoasle(then 19) with the car.
Okay! I'm getting thoroughly confused! Which was the one that was stuffed sometime back?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th November 2009 at 16:59.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 16:48   #1523
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Okay! I'm getting thoroughly confused! Which one was stuffed sometime back?
I got completely No Idea.

Last edited by Scorcher : 28th November 2009 at 17:00.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 21:59   #1524
BHPian
 
syedhafeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 972
Thanked: 330 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Taxi reg. ? Are you sure ? or was it some Temp. Registration stuff. Wonder why would any one personally import a TT under EPCG scheme when it is officially available in the Country, I dont think there will be much of a Price Advantage.
Here is a pic to make u sure that its a taxi reg.Have posted it earlier too.
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-dsc02392.jpg
syedhafeez is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 23:28   #1525
BHPian
 
kingofmyworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad / pensylvania.
Posts: 788
Thanked: 245 Times
Default

I've seen this car too, I think i posted it earlier in this thread. It's registered as a taxi vehicle. Sad to see this machine with a taxi number plate
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 00:12   #1526
BHPian
 
suped99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: HyderabaD,NC
Posts: 184
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Has any one else seen the Jaguar XF here or is it just me??
suped99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 10:10   #1527
BHPian
 
shreyas28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 159
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suped99 View Post
Has any one else seen the Jaguar XF here or is it just me??
yes.i spotted a black/maroon one near the chocolate room yesterday.
shreyas28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 22:55   #1528
BHPian
 
syedhafeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 972
Thanked: 330 Times
Default

Spotted this SLK at GVK One.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-image4552.jpg  

syedhafeez is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 23:17   #1529
BHPian
 
kingofmyworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad / pensylvania.
Posts: 788
Thanked: 245 Times
Default

I think this is the SLK which keeps coming to my college frequently.
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 22:35   #1530
Distinguished - BHPian
 
manishasrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 4,448
Thanked: 5,425 Times
Default

Got these videos from Youtube.




manishasrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore ajmat Super-Cars & Imports in India 14326 5th December 2016 12:21
Supercars & Imports : Kerala hanmust Super-Cars & Imports in India 8549 2nd December 2016 08:06
Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh manikjeet Super-Cars & Imports in India 1646 26th November 2016 21:27
Supercars & Imports : Pune karlosdeville Super-Cars & Imports in India 2387 19th November 2016 12:38
Supercars & Imports : Kolkata shuvc Super-Cars & Imports in India 3186 17th November 2016 09:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks