Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 17:48   #3136
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 245
Thanked: 90 Times
Default re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
XJL Supersports? I guess its the XJL, not the Supersports model. Btw does India has any XJL Supersports yet?

AFAIK, there were two Carrera GT's in Mumbai for display, a silver and a red. The Carrera GT in Hyd is a big news. Probably by far India's first Carrera GT, apart from the display cars. Correct me if I'm wrong.
IT is also the first GT in India to be sold to a customer. It is silver in color and yes, it is a LHD.
ravelsnip@gmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 17:52   #3137
//M
Distinguished - BHPian
 
//M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,847
Thanked: 6,380 Times
Default re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
IT is also the first GT in India to be sold to a customer. It is silver in color and yes, it is a LHD.
Does that mean that its the same silver CGT that was on display in Porsche Centre, Mumbai some months back? Any info on this part?
//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 18:00   #3138
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 245
Thanked: 90 Times
Default re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Does that mean that its the same silver CGT that was on display in Porsche Centre, Mumbai some months back? Any info on this part?
I do not know of that! But the car is registered in Pune on the name of his company, The Hyd owner has a huge mansion for his foreign clients there.
ravelsnip@gmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 18:15   #3139
//M
Distinguished - BHPian
 
//M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,847
Thanked: 6,380 Times
Default re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
I do not know of that! But the car is registered in Pune on the name of his company, The Hyd owner has a huge mansion for his foreign clients there.
Well there are chances that its the same car. But anyway a Carrera GT on Indian soil is a huge news. Hyd BHPIans pics please.
//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 18:31   #3140
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Land of Nizams
Posts: 928
Thanked: 1,132 Times
Post re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Porsche Carrera GT, the Veyron Duo, Aston Martin One-77, and the still to come LP700 duo. Some one pls get a Zonda asap !

But seriously, The levels have certainly changed ! Looks like Hyd has taken the shortcut and has arrived into the League of Hyper Cars.

Anyways in other news, The Crashed Red SC'ed R8 is recupirating at the Audi Service center here. Heard that the Damage is not as extensive as it was initially expected. The owners bodyguard was behind the wheel when it crashed and seems to have escaped without any major harm to himself, a testament to the Germans Superb Build quality. Expect it to be back on its feet in some time and PS:- The Supercharger kit is being retained !

And oh btw there is a Brand New Black R35 Nissan GTR in town with amazing Black interiors , red outline on black seats, guess you could catch it on the KBR Stretch in the coming days.

@ravelsnip: When is the Orange GTR's ETA to the city ?
ShortShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 18:49   #3141
Senior - BHPian
 
avishar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: kolkata/bangalore,india
Posts: 2,406
Thanked: 675 Times
Default re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

How can someone get a Carrera GT in India?Production stopped 4 -5 yrs ago,and AFAIK,you cant import cars older than 3 yrs from abroad.Isnt it?
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 19:05   #3142
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 245
Thanked: 90 Times
Default re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
Porsche Carrera GT, the Veyron Duo, Aston Martin One-77, and the still to come LP700 duo. Some one pls get a Zonda asap !

But seriously, The levels have certainly changed ! Looks like Hyd has taken the shortcut and has arrived into the League of Hyper Cars.

Anyways in other news, The Crashed Red SC'ed R8 is recupirating at the Audi Service center here. Heard that the Damage is not as extensive as it was initially expected. The owners bodyguard was behind the wheel when it crashed and seems to have escaped without any major harm to himself, a testament to the Germans Superb Build quality. Expect it to be back on its feet in some time and PS:- The Supercharger kit is being retained !

And oh btw there is a Brand New Black R35 Nissan GTR in town with amazing Black interiors , red outline on black seats, guess you could catch it on the KBR Stretch in the coming days.

@ravelsnip: When is the Orange GTR's ETA to the city ?

wow a black GTR R 35? who is the lucky guy?

the owner of the orange GTR was promised a october delivery.
ravelsnip@gmail is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 19:06   #3143
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 245
Thanked: 90 Times
Default re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
How can someone get a Carrera GT in India?Production stopped 4 -5 yrs ago,and AFAIK,you cant import cars older than 3 yrs from abroad.Isnt it?
CCX's were produced long back? how come It is coming to India then?
ravelsnip@gmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 19:12   #3144
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,361
Thanked: 2,310 Times
Default re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Spotted the silver and the white XF-Rs today, was in a hurry so just clicked a few pics!

Just heard from a friend that an Audi R8 Spyder will soon be sharing garage with the silver XF-R and Rapide (they apparently also own a Black M3)!
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-dscn2580.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-dscn2581.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-dscn2587.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-dscn2585.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-dscn2583.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-dscn2582.jpg  

shyn is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 20:33   #3145
BHPian
 
D33-PAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 774
Thanked: 528 Times
Default re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
How can someone get a Carrera GT in India?Production stopped 4 -5 yrs ago,and AFAIK,you cant import cars older than 3 yrs from abroad.Isnt it?
Money talks.

BTW: Apparently my neighbor just dropped a wad on a Maserati Quattroporte.

@Shyn: Are those HRE wheels on the XF-R ?!!!!

Last edited by D33-PAC : 12th July 2011 at 20:37.
D33-PAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 16:53   #3146
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,361
Thanked: 2,310 Times
Default re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Money talks.

BTW: Apparently my neighbor just dropped a wad on a Maserati Quattroporte.

@Shyn: Are those HRE wheels on the XF-R ?!!!!
No idea as to what brand those rims are, but sure as hell look HOT!
shyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 18:39   #3147
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 56
Thanked: 38 Times
Default re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
XJL Supersports? I guess its the XJL, not the Supersports model. Btw does India has any XJL Supersports yet?

AFAIK, there were two Carrera GT's in Mumbai for display, a silver and a red. The Carrera GT in Hyd is a big news. Probably by far India's first Carrera GT, apart from the display cars. Correct me if I'm wrong.

From well known sources I can safely say that there were 2 XJL Supersports alloted to India of which one is pictured already and the other one is housed in New Delhi. I have personally seen the car inside the owner's house and no mistaking the Supersports badging.
Sparkiplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 21:01   #3148
//M
Distinguished - BHPian
 
//M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,847
Thanked: 6,380 Times
Default re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkiplug View Post
From well known sources I can safely say that there were 2 XJL Supersports alloted to India of which one is pictured already and the other one is housed in New Delhi. I have personally seen the car inside the owner's house and no mistaking the Supersports badging.
Oh well then thats a great news. Hyderabad has become the new hot market for supercars it seems. Couple of Veyron's, Murci's, the Aston One-77, Carrera GT, countless Rolls Royce's and Bentley's and so many Jags too.
//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 21:24   #3149
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 169
Thanked: 96 Times
Default re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Oh well then thats a great news. Hyderabad has become the new hot market for supercars it seems. Couple of Veyron's, Murci's, the Aston One-77, Carrera GT, countless Rolls Royce's and Bentley's and so many Jags too.
In mere future its surelly gonna take over Mumbai and delhi too , has the One 77 Delivered ?
Sportygellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 22:36   #3150
BHPian
 
D33-PAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 774
Thanked: 528 Times
Default re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

^^^^ You guys are forgetting the Koenigsegg that is coming, and the 2 Italias. It will also stink Rolls Royces here once RR opens a showroom in town.
D33-PAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore ajmat Super-Cars & Imports in India 14329 9th December 2016 23:04
Supercars & Imports : Pune karlosdeville Super-Cars & Imports in India 2389 8th December 2016 16:22
Supercars & Imports : Kerala hanmust Super-Cars & Imports in India 8551 7th December 2016 12:21
Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh manikjeet Super-Cars & Imports in India 1646 26th November 2016 21:27
Supercars & Imports : Kolkata shuvc Super-Cars & Imports in India 3186 17th November 2016 09:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks