Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2015, 21:36   #4711
BHPian
 
D33-PAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 774
Thanked: 528 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
How did that guy manage to register a LHD car in India??

The answer to your question is in the question. If he can afford to import a non-commercially sold car to India (that too a LHD), then I'm sure he can afford a whole lot of things. Ain't much money can't buy in Bharat !
D33-PAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 19:11   #4712
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,249
Thanked: 683 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

I guess the rule is relatively new. When my family moved in from Oman in 1987, my dad brought with him his LHD W123 240D and it was registered in Madras (now chennai). An absolute nightmare to drive back then even when our roads weren't that filled with cars.
Fullrevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2015, 08:30   #4713
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 183
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

According to the RTO website this car was registered in 2009 and it was originally silver. I think the rule came around much before then. We registered our LHD Nissan Quest in 2000 and I remember the rule was implemented soon after that.
bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 12:57   #4714
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,361
Thanked: 2,306 Times
Default

Didn't know there was a Cayman GTS here. From what i've read/heard/seen, it is the best Cayman/sportscar ever (except ofcourse the GT4). Steve Sutcliffe (while he was still at Autocar) had even gone as far as saying that if he had to choose just one car forever, it would be this!
Any idea how much it would cost OTR?
Picture by SaiNaidu
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-imageuploadedbyteambhp1442820248.776892.jpg
shyn is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 16:54   #4715
A.K
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: India.
Posts: 1,445
Thanked: 2,208 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Didn't know there was a Cayman GTS here. From what i've read/heard/seen, it is the best Cayman/sportscar ever (except ofcourse the GT4). Steve Sutcliffe (while he was still at Autocar) had even gone as far as saying that if he had to choose just one car forever, it would be this!
Any idea how much it would cost OTR?
Picture by SaiNaidu
Attachment 1417634

Lovely spec there!
Ex Showroom is 1.3cr if I am not mistaken. So must be 1.5cr on road. This any day over the F Type I'd say!
A.K is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2015, 13:02   #4716
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,361
Thanked: 2,306 Times
Default

Just some automotive-philosophical wordplay.
To give some more 'perspective', the red one is a Supercharged V8 and the white is a naturally-aspirated V10. Oh, and both belong to the same owner(?)

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-imageuploadedbyteambhp1442993406.349518.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th September 2015 at 18:45. Reason: Adding a space... :)
shyn is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2015, 21:59   #4717
A.K
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: India.
Posts: 1,445
Thanked: 2,208 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Just some automotive-philosophical wordplay.
To give some more 'perspective', the red one is a Supercharged V8 and the white is a naturally-aspirated V10. Oh, and both belong to the same owner(?)Attachment 1418559

Err... They don't belong to the same owner if I'm not mistaken. There are two White R8 V10s in Hyderabad and one shares space with a Mulsanne and the other with the F12. Not too sure though.
A.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2015, 00:15   #4718
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,361
Thanked: 2,306 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Err... They don't belong to the same owner if I'm not mistaken. There are two White R8 V10s in Hyderabad and one shares space with a Mulsanne and the other with the F12. Not too sure though.

I wasn't sure, hence the (?) at the end. I was told they belong to the same guy. Were sporting the same 0099 plates too. Guess I was wrong.
Have a lot of catching up to do since I've crawled out from under the rock
shyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2015, 07:53   #4719
BHPian
 
D33-PAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 774
Thanked: 528 Times
Default Re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Rich kids of Hyderabad terrorizing the streets. Wonder when these d0uche bags will take their competence if they have any (judging by their driving , they have none, check out the distance between the Audi and the Bentley at 0:29) to the track.

https://www.facebook.com/26937444988...5278943298622/

I can see it all happening - one of the drivers rams into someone, a death follows, media coverage spikes, a group of individuals are paid, the suspect is never put in jail.

Last edited by D33-PAC : 24th September 2015 at 07:56.
D33-PAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2015, 18:48   #4720
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,361
Thanked: 2,306 Times
Default Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Rich kids of Hyderabad terrorizing the streets. Wonder when these d0uche bags will take their competence if they have any (judging by their driving , they have none, check out the distance between the Audi and the Bentley at 0:29) to the track.

https://www.facebook.com/26937444988...5278943298622/

I can see it all happening - one of the drivers rams into someone, a death follows, media coverage spikes, a group of individuals are paid, the suspect is never put in jail.

Absolutely wreckless behaviour! Those are public roads filled with a myriad of people who lane-split without any indicators (like our heroes here). It takes just one fool for an accident to happen and our heroes here have that box ticked. If they keep up with this, the day isn't far when we will see them in the wrecked exotics thread (god forbid).
Hope the race track/drap strip being proposed materialises and opens shop soon so these people can hoon safely (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168628 (Hyderabad to soon get an NHRA-certified drag strip, thanks to Yash Motorsports)).
Anyway, here's a few latest spottings of the Huracans of Hyderabad, including the red one featured in the above video.

Via Karthik Mohan
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-imageuploadedbyteambhp1443273405.329343.jpg

Via Sunny Sam
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-imageuploadedbyteambhp1443273441.311427.jpg
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-imageuploadedbyteambhp1443273451.795846.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th September 2015 at 18:46. Reason: Please add a line break before attachments/pics. Thanks.
shyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2015, 00:07   #4721
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,361
Thanked: 2,306 Times
Default

Is this the country's first Mercedes-AMG C63 S to be delivered?

Picture by Vinith Photography.
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-imageuploadedbyteambhp1443292614.220979.jpg
shyn is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2015, 01:27   #4722
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,361
Thanked: 2,306 Times
Default

So Lamborghini Bengaluru got down this stunning orange Huracan to Hyderabad for another preview held yesterday at HICC.
Is it a demo vehicle? Or a sale car?
Picture source: Unknown
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-imageuploadedbyteambhp1443383840.770167.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th September 2015 at 18:47.
shyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2015, 08:23   #4723
A.K
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: India.
Posts: 1,445
Thanked: 2,208 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Is this the country's first Mercedes-AMG C63 S to be delivered?

Picture by Vinith Photography.
Attachment 1419910
Yep first in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
So Lamborghini Bengaluru got down this stunning orange Huracan to Hyderabad for another preview held yesterday at HICC.
Is it a demo vehicle? Or a sale car?
Picture source: UnknownAttachment 1420439
It's a demo car. Doing test runs.
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 14:31   #4724
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,361
Thanked: 2,306 Times
Default

Did Hyderabad get another white Huracan? There are talks going around about it.
shyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 16:36   #4725
A.K
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: India.
Posts: 1,445
Thanked: 2,208 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Did Hyderabad get another white Huracan? There are talks going around about it.

Nope, as far as I know.
There were talks of two McLaren P1s landing in Hyderabad too. Wonder where such talks come up from !
A.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercars & Imports : Kerala hanmust Super-Cars & Imports in India 8550 6th December 2016 20:33
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore ajmat Super-Cars & Imports in India 14326 5th December 2016 12:21
Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh manikjeet Super-Cars & Imports in India 1646 26th November 2016 21:27
Supercars & Imports : Pune karlosdeville Super-Cars & Imports in India 2387 19th November 2016 12:38
Supercars & Imports : Kolkata shuvc Super-Cars & Imports in India 3186 17th November 2016 09:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks