Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2009, 23:44   #1156
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 876
Thanked: 260 Times
Default

@syedhafeez - The pictures seem to have been taken in 2 different locations.

Guys, though the DC promoters have good taste, its still saddening to see Bentleys, RRs and Lambos parked in an open driveway. They could have built a spacious basement garage or one set apart from the main residence to keep them. Hmmm, I surely wasn't thinking the way someone who owns such cars would when I said that!
Sivasankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 00:07   #1157
BHPian
 
syedhafeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 972
Thanked: 330 Times
Default

Well, i think he does have a basement garage for his cars and i think ive got it right in the pics below.
Attached Images
  
syedhafeez is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 00:14   #1158
BHPian
 
syedhafeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 972
Thanked: 330 Times
Default

another possibility.
Attached Images
 
syedhafeez is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 00:28   #1159
BHPian
 
JayR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Paris, France.
Posts: 899
Thanked: 184 Times
Default

I win !

The car under the covers turned out to be an slk ! Those wimpy rims will never find their place on an aston !


@ Syed,

Bro, any more pics from you will have this bhpian in the hospital, suffering from a case of exoticarsfeveroverload

Last edited by JayR : 4th June 2009 at 00:31.
JayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 02:18   #1160
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto.
Posts: 141
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Nice Garage, though i dont understand how it makes sense to own 2 similar Lambo's or 3 Bentley and 2-3 similar RR's. He could have got different brands which are as good.

Who is DC ? that isnt Dilip Chabbria...is it?
cncity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 06:19   #1161
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 796
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suped99 View Post
@F450:u are absolutely right about the F430 not being purchased.i just dint want to tell every one that, as it was suppose to be a secret as every knows it as his F430(so it came in the newspapers too)the F430 belongs to the same person who sold the 7series to the actor,they are very close friends.
Should I not have mentioned it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suped99 View Post
BTW i finally got to know whos S63 that is in town, once again its Mr.Reddys(DC owner). saw an old man backing it up in his house on BJ.Hills RD.no14. there was a white flying spur parked inside aswell.
Why am I not surprised? I thought that was a rumour anyway..


Quote:
Originally Posted by suped99 View Post
As for all the exotics owned by Him Only, im Not very sure as iv been told that they are owned by Him and his Brother Rajiv. thats why there are multiple cars of the same kind. the 4th phantom was baught for his future son in law.but sadly the engadgement broke.so i dont know if he took back the phantom from him or no.
I heard about that too. Isn't his brother called Ravi? The cars, as I mentioned, are also used by the Finance Director of the company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
I dont agree with u..
AFAIK there are only 3-4 lambo's out here in Hyd..
Correct. In fact, if you exclude DC's Lambo's, there's only one. The black Gallardo Spyder. No Ferrari's either. Just one Aston Martin. We've got a few Porsches and a couple of R8's. That's about it in expensive sports cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
Well, i think he does have a basement garage for his cars and i think ive got it right in the pics below.
No, he doesn't. I know for a fact that they keep the cars in the open exactly as shown in the pictures. Don't ask me how I know, I can't tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncity View Post
Nice Garage, though i dont understand how it makes sense to own 2 similar Lambo's or 3 Bentley and 2-3 similar RR's. He could have got different brands which are as good.

Who is DC ? that isnt Dilip Chabbria...is it?
DC is Deccan Chronicle, a newspaper. If you're talking about competitors for Lambo, Bentley and RR, I'm afraid there aren't any in India. Lambo's equal is Ferrari which hasn't been launched. Bentley's equal is...nothing. RR's equal is probably Maybach, but with all the superstition surrounding it, I don't think DC would want to risk it.
f450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 10:06   #1162
BHPian
 
Rotorhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 926
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzz View Post
This is juts my share of the guess which car part.. but looks to me, could be TT, if these guys own one of that too, that is. see below pic of one of TT at the DQM Jan.. rims and shape to some extent look similar..
There is also a GTR amongst the other cars that are parked. How is the scene with GTR's ,EVO's, supra's in hyderabad. There seem to be quite a lot of RR's, Bentleys, lambo's, porshe's, audi R8's but hyderabad doesnt seem to believe in jap cars.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 10:14   #1163
BHPian
 
Ardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 613
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Today since morning saw atleast 6 different Q7's in different colors, grey,white, black and white.

Getting tired of them already

You can find Q7 dime a dozen in Hyderabad. It has become a very very common to spot a Q7 here.
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 12:14   #1164
BHPian
 
syedhafeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 972
Thanked: 330 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
There is also a GTR amongst the other cars that are parked. How is the scene with GTR's ,EVO's, supra's in hyderabad. There seem to be quite a lot of RR's, Bentleys, lambo's, porshe's, audi R8's but hyderabad doesnt seem to believe in jap cars.
There is only 1 GTR and i don't think there are any EVO's or Supra's out here in hyd..
syedhafeez is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 13:31   #1165
Senior - BHPian
 
AyAn!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Durgapur/Calcutta/Pune
Posts: 2,166
Thanked: 846 Times
Default

With due respect to that overwhelming garage,i have one question...How often are all these cars driven? Its obvious that these cars rarely get a good drive.Maybe twice a month
AyAn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 16:29   #1166
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 796
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
There is only 1 GTR and i don't think there are any EVO's or Supra's out here in hyd..
Yep, we hate the Japs. We look to the West for expensive cars and East for the cheaper ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
With due respect to that overwhelming garage,i have one question...How often are all these cars driven? Its obvious that these cars rarely get a good drive.Maybe twice a month
Not very often, I'm afraid to say. Like me and Syed both have mentioned, we Hyderabadis don't see these cars at all. In fact, I only saw three cars from their garage ever: the RR once, the SLK twice and the Brooklands once.
Owners seem to believe in buying, buying and buying. Somewhere between that, actual using of the car seems to have been lost. Unfortunately.
f450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 16:58   #1167
BHPian
 
suped99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: HyderabaD,NC
Posts: 184
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

@F450:o yeah that was a typo error by me, his name is Ravi as u said. Finance director u mean Mr.Iyer ?the biggie business man from chennai?I have heard about that too.

@syedhafeez: dude the confusion about the DC Garage, if u have been to his house or atleast outside his house,im sure u have noticed he has Two gates to his house, that means Two Drive ways full of exotics this was just one drive way u covered
suped99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 17:06   #1168
BHPian
 
suped99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: HyderabaD,NC
Posts: 184
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
There is only 1 GTR and i don't think there are any EVO's or Supra's out here in hyd..
Well i have to correct u here,we have three Supras in Hyd, 1 in red,which is in great condition. 2 in silver which are decent in condition. none of them used regularly,i could give u details about two of them, the one which i cant give details is owned by some actor.

@rotorhead: dude Most people here look in not just for power in a car, they look in for more as a status symbol, thats the reason there are no japanese sports cars used here,all rich kids go and buy the SLK200s or caymans or any german car which would turn heads like that. dissapointing but true.
as i said 'Most people',so guys please dont tell me about the exceptions.

Last edited by suped99 : 4th June 2009 at 17:10.
suped99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 19:58   #1169
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 796
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suped99 View Post
@F450:o yeah that was a typo error by me, his name is Ravi as u said. Finance director u mean Mr.Iyer ?the biggie business man from chennai?I have heard about that too.
Yes, but I'm not so sure that we can disclose so many identities on the forum! But it's more or less an open secret, so I'm guessing it shouldn't be a problem
f450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 21:09   #1170
BHPian
 
syedhafeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 972
Thanked: 330 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suped99 View Post
Well i have to correct u here,we have three Supras in Hyd, 1 in red,which is in great condition. 2 in silver which are decent in condition. none of them used regularly,i could give u details about two of them, the one which i cant give details is owned by some actor.

@rotorhead: dude Most people here look in not just for power in a car, they look in for more as a status symbol, thats the reason there are no japanese sports cars used here,all rich kids go and buy the SLK200s or caymans or any german car which would turn heads like that. dissapointing but true.
as i said 'Most people',so guys please dont tell me about the exceptions.
Well i didn't know about that or heard about it any time..
i would surely love to see those on roads or atleast during the upcomming Drag...
syedhafeez is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore ajmat Super-Cars & Imports in India 14329 9th December 2016 23:04
Supercars & Imports : Pune karlosdeville Super-Cars & Imports in India 2389 8th December 2016 16:22
Supercars & Imports : Kerala hanmust Super-Cars & Imports in India 8551 7th December 2016 12:21
Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh manikjeet Super-Cars & Imports in India 1646 26th November 2016 21:27
Supercars & Imports : Kolkata shuvc Super-Cars & Imports in India 3186 17th November 2016 09:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks