Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2009, 16:21   #196
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
i think i need to learn how to watermark. the wrecked cayenne turbo's pictures were clicked by me, and if not mistaken i had uploaded them here too.

anyways here is another exotic crash, pictures sent to me by a friend. though its not a car, but its an exotic nonetheless..

when harley met splendour..

the details i got were::

One fine morning when the weather is just awesome,somebody decides to unleash their beast and to take a round of the city on their shining Harley Davidson V-Rod, however things get crazy and the Harley hits a Hero Honda Splendor at over 90 kmph

First And Foremost, Your "friend" got these pictures from TeamBHP.

And Do get your facts straight. The Above account is wrong. The HH guy was in the wrong, and the Harley guy is quite serious. It was a Hit and Run. Why is it that whenever there is something expensive that crashes, It is always the guy who has the bigger car or bike in this case gets blamed?
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 23:36   #197
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,479
Thanked: 95 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
i think i need to learn how to watermark. the wrecked cayenne turbo's pictures were clicked by me, and if not mistaken i had uploaded them here too.

anyways here is another exotic crash, pictures sent to me by a friend. though its not a car, but its an exotic nonetheless..

when harley met splendour..

the details i got were::

One fine morning when the weather is just awesome,somebody decides to unleash their beast and to take a round of the city on their shining Harley Davidson V-Rod, however things get crazy and the Harley hits a Hero Honda Splendor at over 90 kmph

OMG! heart breaking sight!
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 05:59   #198
BHPian
 
suped99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: HyderabaD,NC
Posts: 184
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
One fine morning when the weather is just awesome,somebody decides to unleash their beast and to take a round of the city on their shining Harley Davidson V-Rod, however things get crazy and the Harley hits a Hero Honda Splendor at over 90 kmph
Sir You have got the pics right but the story all Wrong. This accident hapend in the early hours of the night. It was a busy hour. The H.Davidson Owner/Rider is in a very bad shape,fractured skull and is in a koma,pray for his speedy recovery! Amazingly the passenger sitting behind him escaped with minor injuries.Cannot disclose more information.

@cyrus:Your Right Sir, you seem to know alot about this being in Mumbai? How?

Last edited by suped99 : 5th October 2009 at 06:18.
suped99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 10:30   #199
Senior - BHPian
 
quickdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,005
Thanked: 1,274 Times
Default

The harley did take quite a hit. I think we're looking at 2000$ for a fork and probably a lot more for the wheel. All in all that looks like 4000$ worth of damage (considering harley parts are expensive)
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 11:02   #200
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suped99 View Post
Sir You have got the pics right but the story all Wrong. This accident hapend in the early hours of the night. It was a busy hour. The H.Davidson Owner/Rider is in a very bad shape,fractured skull and is in a koma,pray for his speedy recovery! Amazingly the passenger sitting behind him escaped with minor injuries.Cannot disclose more information.

@cyrus:Your Right Sir, you seem to know alot about this being in Mumbai? How?
Ohh I have my sources. Just as you cannot disclose information, neither can I!! How Is the guy doing now?
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 11:24   #201
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Strange as it seems Samyak the same pictures your friend sent you have been posted in the Motorbike section by Satpal singh of Hyderabad. So i am guessing your friend got the pics from the site and sent them to you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-splendor.html

The accident indeed is horrific and bikes can be very dangerous and that too for no fault of the Bike rider. A friend of mine had a similar accident but that was with a drunk driver of an Armada flatbed jeep. He was hit from behind and was running in his 954.
Hope the rider of the V Rod recovers soon and my prayers are with him and his family.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 11:37   #202
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
It says this was done by an Indian automotive journalist going too fast for his own good somewhere in India.

Anyone have any idea who this was?

Attachment 186197

Here's the link,

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newpho...0704_001.shtml
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Some Automotive journo wrecked a Merc at Amby Valley too sometime back. Braakkhh! Whats up with these guys lately. Too much to handle ?
Indias fastest RS was toppled on the Pune highway by an automobile journo.
The car was taken all the way from Kottayam and was with them for a while. They had the car fixed and brought it back soon after.
At the way things are going we should have a thread dedicated to auto journal wrecks.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 13:58   #203
BHPian
 
samyakmodi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Indore
Posts: 792
Thanked: 261 Times
Default

@all

my bad. didn't check the motorcylce section before posting here.
@ mods :: please do delete/move the post if necessary.

@cyrus

buddy i didn't pen that story. that's how I got it. and i really don't believe that people with bigger car or bike are the ones to be blamed in any crash. wonder where did u get that from my post.
if u ask me, its usually the other way round, as the smaller car/bike people have very little or no respect for traffic rules and road safety. more often than not they don't have the slightest idea how their " choti si galti " can spell disaster.

anyways..
samyakmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 16:49   #204
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,050
Thanked: 6,579 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post

buddy i didn't pen that story. that's how I got it. and i really don't believe that people with bigger car or bike are the ones to be blamed in any crash. wonder where did u get that from my post.
if u ask me, its usually the other way round, as the smaller car/bike people have very little or no respect for traffic rules and road safety. more often than not they don't have the slightest idea how their " choti si galti " can spell disaster.

anyways..
I'm sorry but I don't completely agree with you on that.

Bigger vehicles like these BPO cabbies (Sumos and Taveras) think they're cyclists and try to maneuver their sheer girth around roads already clogged by traffic. And to make matters worse, they think they own the road and throw their weight around and speed in residential areas. Indicators do not exist when they drive. And when the Sun sets, they only know two ways of using the headlights. High beam, and off!
And don't even get me started with BMTC and KSRTC buses. I've actually witnessed a bus over take another and another bus overtake the other two, all on Richmond road. This is the reason why they will remain bus drivers and cab drivers all their lives.

Having said that, motorcyclists in general, have zilch respect for not only their lives but people around as well. Everyday, I see people going the wrong way on the road just because they don't want to go all around and take a U-Turn. I see 3-4 people of two-wheelers, I see people not wearing helmets, and those who do, don't have the brains to fasten it on their heads, so wearing it becomes redundant anyway.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 23:01   #205
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I'm sorry but I don't completely agree with you on that.
Suhaas what Samyak meant by "bigger cars or bikes" was Foriegn or Imported cars and bikes, Similarly when he says "smaller car or bike" it meant Indian cars and bikes. Not size wise my friend .
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 01:53   #206
BHPian
 
samyakmodi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Indore
Posts: 792
Thanked: 261 Times
Default

+1 speedy

and before any more lashes, i respect all the bhpians who ride safe, and all the non-bhpians who ride safe.
the one with no regards for rules and regulations, their life and other's life on the roads are the ones who drive me up the wall!
samyakmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 18:24   #207
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,050
Thanked: 6,579 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Suhaas what Samyak meant by "bigger cars or bikes" was Foriegn or Imported cars and bikes, Similarly when he says "smaller car or bike" it meant Indian cars and bikes. Not size wise my friend .
Alright! But I must say that bigger vehicles do get the blame too! People in Skodas and Civics and Accords and the like get the wrong end of the stick, even if they're not at fault.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 10:16   #208
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 541
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Two bikes crashing at over 90 kmph isnt good news. Save for the rides; how are the riders ?
jigbarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2009, 03:18   #209
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Indias fastest RS was toppled on the Pune highway by an automobile journo.
The car was taken all the way from Kottayam and was with them for a while. They had the car fixed and brought it back soon after.
At the way things are going we should have a thread dedicated to auto journal wrecks.
I know I am offtopic. But any more details on the same?
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2009, 10:58   #210
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,962
Thanked: 4,867 Times
Default

Saw a yellow coloured porsche being towed (well no exactly towed, it was on one of those flat bed trucks) to the porsche showroom this morning. Was too far away to notice if there was damage. Any ideas anyone what happened?
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A look at the Supercar/Import section in the 80/90's..... v12 Super-Cars & Imports in India 61 11th November 2017 01:17
Mr.Bean crashes his McLaren F1 Supercar in UK kraft.wagen The International Automotive Scene 12 8th August 2011 21:35
Air India Express Flight from Dubai crashes at Mangalore airport - Over 160 Dead sidindica Shifting gears 114 29th May 2010 14:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks