Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 16th December 2013, 11:53   #901
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Accidents in India - PICS

A report on Rediff regarding the Aston Martin accident in Mumbai - http://www.rediff.com/news/report/qu...t/20131212.htm
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2013, 14:55   #902
BHPian

Default re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

Just received this link from a friend!!!!

Mukesh Ambanis son allegedly kills 2 in a car accident. Media blacks out the news.
http://www.kractivist.org/mukesh-amb...-news-***news/

Is all of this true????

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th December 2013 at 15:38. Reason: Adding title
dj sulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2013, 15:40   #903
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj sulz View Post
Mukesh Ambanis son allegedly kills 2 in a car accident. Media blacks out the news.
There's absolutely no proof of this - it just looks like a couple of cheap blogs are trying to get hits by having a sensationalized title based on no facts.

1) If you read the reports on these blogs, there's not a single mention within the article of any fatalities.
2) Not a single eye-witness, tweet or social media post has mentioned fatalities until these blog posts started being shared on facebook.

In other words, its click-bait. Lets not feed the trolls.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th December 2013 at 15:47.
Rehaan is offline   (12) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2013, 17:02   #904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Is all of this true????
My friend reached the accident scene moments after the event. He mentioned that there were no injuries to either the occupants of the Elantra nor the Audi. All these seem to be rumours to defame the individual and earn some cheap publicity.

Last edited by S2!!! : 16th December 2013 at 17:04.
S2!!! is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 10:17   #905
Senior - BHPian

This nails it rather straight forward - http://exitopinionpollsindia.blogspo...ills-2-in.html
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-image.jpg  

Last edited by canonball : 17th December 2013 at 10:21.
canonball is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 11:14   #906
BHPian

Thank you S2!!! and Rehaan for clearing that out. I was furious when I first read it. So whats the real story????
dj sulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 12:45   #907
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you S2!!! and Rehaan for clearing that out. I was furious when I first read it. So whats the real story????
The real story is that he crashed an Aston thats it. Can we stop discussing about this now? I mean he crashed an Aston bought with his money and didnt kill anyone, lets stop behaving as though we held a stake in his Aston.
A.K is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 12:58   #908
BHPian

Smile re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
The real story is that he crashed an Aston thats it. Can we stop discussing about this now? I mean he crashed an Aston bought with his money and didnt kill anyone, lets stop behaving as though we held a stake in his Aston.

Hey buddy,

why so angry? I thought this forum and thread was to discuss. so what? now its wrong to ask a question? I don't see what pissed you off so bad.

The thread says "Super-Cars & Exotic Imports Crashes in India". Everyones talking bout this crash cause this is the latest one that happened and I thought i'd ask if anyone had any more updated info on the same.

Didn't see anything wrong with it. no I don't hold stake in his Aston neither do I have something against him or want to be like him. But just because no one dies doesn't mean no one could have( god forbid ) !

The reason I'm so interested in this case is because I have lost friends in the past for no real fault of theirs, but instead the fault of another driver in another car.

These kind of story's make me want to make public what is wrong if anything wrong with the story.

Peace!

Last edited by dj sulz : 17th December 2013 at 13:00.
dj sulz is offline   (12) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 13:45   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Relax A.K., young blood in full flow.

The way in which we do not hold any stake in the Aston, the same the alleged driver of the Aston does not hold any stake either in other motorists life's. The impact and damage on the car clearly shows that there was some reckless driving involved. By whom, i do not know. But the lady who was driving the Audi that was hit buy the Aston as well clearly mentioned that the driver who appeared before the cops was not the one she saw getting out of the Aston that night. Also, it is to the fortune of the Aston driver that no body died (i am not entirely sure about nobody died part). I dont see any Goswamis, Dutts, Sardesais, Thapars etc etc interested in this at all.
doctorque is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 14:03   #910
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Doc, Sulz :
Well I didnt get pissed off in any manner but just felt it went a bit overboard. While I am not related to anyone involved in anyways, I just felt that it was going a bit OT, hence said that. I see I was wrong, so my bad, carry on with the discussion

And Sulz, now I see why you were curious, I did not intend any offence mate.

Last edited by A.K : 17th December 2013 at 14:05.
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 15:37   #911
Senior - BHPian

Is there a media blackout on the Aston story? Or could it simply be that media does not find much juice in the story of an accident involving an expensive car driven by a company driver, which resulted in no loss of life? Why should this be a prime-time story?
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 21:28   #912
Senior - BHPian

To those concerned this is not troll news etc. Perhaps antiestablishment, but can you really call it that in India where the establishment itself is corrupt and ridden with conflict of interest everywhere you LOOK. If at all it seems to be journalism and coverage at its virgin best Lol. I hope we don't have a twitter cartoon or huffington post rich list deletion deal happening here/on the internet now
http://www.millenniumpost.in/NewsContent.aspx?NID=46946

Last edited by Aditya : 18th December 2013 at 11:13.
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2013, 17:23   #913
Senior - BHPian

Rather than the accident, it is the absolute cover-up of the story by our Monkey Media which is to be applauded (for the lack of better words).
Bravo the Dutts, Jains and Goswami's. May the TRP be with you.
download2live is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2013, 14:08   #914
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod:

Some of the more recent posts on the Aston Martin Rapide crash in Mumbai have been moved to a dedicated thread :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...tin-crash.html (Why the media blackout on the Aston Martin crash?)

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2013, 01:28   #915
BHPian

Still wondering how this could have happened with not much visual damage to the front of the E60
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-_mg_4077.jpg  

///RMan is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote