Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 22nd August 2014, 16:55   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Cayenne Diesel launched @ Rs. 64.95 lakh, ex-Delhi

Fail to understand why luxury cars take the Diesel route, am I missing something? Anyone buying a 86 Lakh car won't be worrying about fuel economy. Is it for the torque, Turbo petrols too can produce decent torque.
nim_peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2014, 20:38   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Cayenne Diesel Platinum Edition in India at a price of Rs. 86.5 lakh
competitive prices by Porche's standard for India , they include lot of optional's like panoramic roof , Bose music overseas , hope they have spec'd Indian version on same terms . Looks VW India have negotiated some deal on these soon to be replaced model with Germany

Edit :: just checked with local sales head - No Panoroma or Bose , just PCM with Navigation & changes mentioned in news article . Total cost of Extra - Approx - 11 Lac , Cost Increased Rs 7 Lac

Last edited by Turbanator : 22nd August 2014 at 20:51.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 20:16   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Folks! Porsche India launched the Cayenne Platinum Edition Yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
competitive prices by Porche's standard for India , they include lot of optional's like panoramic roof , Bose music overseas , hope they have spec'd Indian version on same terms . Looks VW India have negotiated some deal on these soon to be replaced model with Germany

Edit :: just checked with local sales head - No Panoroma or Bose , just PCM with Navigation & changes mentioned in news article . Total cost of Extra - Approx - 11 Lac , Cost Increased Rs 7 Lac
Let me state that this is a complete farce, at least in Bangalore. My friend wants to replace his high end SUV and had a budget of Rs 1 Cr. The Platinum edition fitted the bill as the on the road price came within his budget.

Alas, he was told that he needs to order with Rs 10 Lakhs of extras and the bill will come to Rs 1.3 CR on the road. My friend ealked. New X5 or ML350 are likely candidates!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 21:01   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Let me state that this is a complete farce, at least in Bangalore. My friend wants to replace his high end SUV and had a budget of Rs 1 Cr. The Platinum edition fitted the bill. Alas, he was told that he needs to order with Rs 10 Lakhs of extras and the bill will come to Rs 1.3 CR on the road.
Ajit sir, straight away 30 Lakhs added to the price! This is really shocking indeed. Can you please tell what all did Porsche add as an "extra" worth 10 Lakhs?

Sir, I am not owning a expensive imported car, however would like to know that how come Porsche has ridiculously charged 30 Lakhs extra. Is the taxation on imported vehicles different? I do know that custom and import duty is to be paid but apart from that are there any other taxes levied on them in Bangalore?

Thanks
ad3952n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 21:19   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ajit sir, straight away 30 Lakhs added to the price! This is really shocking indeed. Can you please tell what all did Porsche add as an "extra" worth 10 Lakhs?

You need to mandatorily order at least 10 lakhs of extras

Take one cayenne ex showroom of 88 lakhs over here. Add 10 lakhs

98 lakhs

Add 19 lakhs as road tax plus insurance etc and you will pay a minimum of cr 1.25

My friend was quoted one at cr1.3 in stock
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 21:25   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Add 19 lakhs as road tax plus insurance etc and you will pay a minimum of cr 1.25

My friend was quoted one at cr1.3 in stock
This is literally atrocious to say the least. I mean why are they pushing the customers to do forceful expenditure is beyond reasoning. And moreover, 19 Lakhs as road tax and insurance?? I mean in 19 Lakhs a whole new Toyota Fortuner can come.

Sensible decision by your friend. I guess these brands should re-learn the meaning of the word "premium".

Thanks

Last edited by ad3952n : 1st September 2014 at 21:29. Reason: typo
ad3952n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 21:51   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Can you please tell what all did Porsche add as an "extra" worth 10 Lakhs?
It's not mandatory , recommended Extras are Panoramic roof & Bose Audio , no one actually buys without these 2 things so most of dealer configure accordingly . I was so close to buying one 3 years back but the model had only a sunroof & I was like nothing without panorama . Overseas in US & Canada they launched Platinum edition which included these as standard . Don't understand working of Porsche in India maybe they are just want to keep their brand as super niche

Quote:
19 Lakhs as road tax and insurance?? I mean in 19 Lakhs a whole new Toyota Fortuner can come.
That's got nothing to do with Porsche , this goes to Kerala govt. - Taxes on CBU are different unlike north India .

From US Press release

The Platinum Edition models offer enhanced standard equipment, including the eight-speed Tiptronic S transmission, Power Steering Plus, Park Assist front and rear, the Convenience Package and BoseŽ Audio Package. The Convenience Package includes the Porsche Communication Management (PCM) system that features a high-resolution seven-inch touchscreen navigation, BiXenon™ headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS), Driver Memory Package seats, a moonroof, heated front seats and Auto Dimming Mirrors. The BoseŽ Surround Sound System includes 14 loudspeakers with a total output power of 585 watts, Sirius XMŽ radio and a 6-disc changer.

Source

http://press.porsche.com/news/release.php?id=834

Last edited by Turbanator : 1st September 2014 at 21:58.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 07:47   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is literally atrocious to say the least. I mean why are they pushing the customers to do forceful expenditure is beyond reasoning. And moreover, 19 Lakhs as road tax and insurance?? I mean in 19 Lakhs a whole new Toyota Fortuner can come.
Welcome to Karnataka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
It's not mandatory , recommended Extras are Panoramic roof & Bose Audio
True, the dealer instead of selling Porkers is telling Porkies!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 17:15   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Let me state that this is a complete farce, at least in Bangalore. My friend wants to replace his high end SUV and had a budget of Rs 1 Cr. The Platinum edition fitted the bill as the on the road price came within his budget.

Alas, he was told that he needs to order with Rs 10 Lakhs of extras and the bill will come to Rs 1.3 CR on the road. My friend ealked. New X5 or ML350 are likely candidates!
I had the similar debate with the dealer regarding ridiculous condition of adding accessories worth 10L. What he told me was it is apparently one of the conditions by Indian Government to sell a highly priced CBU and it's not the dealer that is pushing the customers for the accessories. He also added because of the add-on accessories, we have several potential customers walking away. Whether this is bakwas or not, I do not know. Can someone confirm this?
salman_ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 18:42   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What he told me was it is apparently one of the conditions by Indian Government to sell a highly priced CBU and it's not the dealer that is pushing the customers for the accessories
He is correct partially , cars above US$ 40,000 does not require homologation- that's a very old rule . But given the volumes of Cayenne I doubt if VW or earlier master importer has not got this done or may this still needs to be get done periodically . Since Porsche is now handled by VW in India Stock Transfer rates will apply which will be far less than what they used to Invoice to Master Importer in past . If we see Assessable value of Cars the Dollar / Euro rates most of manufacturer use are far less then market prices anywhere . This is to ensure lowest possible Taxes & Duties on CBU . They can transfer profits back to parent company using some other means like royalty at much lower rates

Source :: http://articles.economictimes.indiat...ation-new-cars

Premium car importers have every reason to cheer. The mini exim policy has notified homologation-free import of cars priced above $40,000. According to the notification, new cars over CIF value of $40,000 (which translates to Rs 36 lakh after 102% peak import duty) can be imported either by "an individual or company or firm under the EPCG scheme" without homologation.

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd September 2014 at 18:51.
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 02:38   #71
BHPian

Default Cayenne Diesel launched @ Rs. 64.95 lakh, ex-Delhi

But just got a confirmation that the duties are still 100% on cbu

Still got no clue with the sudden price rise with all these cars

Maybe doctorque can shed some light on it

Last edited by samyakmodi : 3rd September 2014 at 02:39.
samyakmodi is offline   Reply With Quote