Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 12th February 2010, 17:30   #1726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Where is the post where Ecks says about his new SUV? I can't seem to find it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Me neither. Where is it. I'm online almost 24 hours a day.
Check his Signature guys !!
Scorcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 17:32   #1727
BHPian

Yeah got it now.
I love ecks' subtleties...
preetam_KORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 18:33   #1728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
hey ecks.. firstly congratulations on your new car!
i had visited your thread a year back (when u had bought the lamborghini and were planning on a m3) and then today after a long time.. and i am so surprised to see an aston martin! with the m3 already bought! and when did that audi r8 find its place?!

and is the aston martin a manual one?!

ok now i have to ask this question.. since u have a lambo murci, audi r8, aston martin DBS and the BMW M3 and had a porsche 911 i think... which one is the most comfortable and easy to drive on our bad and pot holed indian roads among these??
as i have heard that if you are careless, the lambo can bite you hard... its a car which u have to drive with concentration. the audi R8 i heard is far more easy compared to the lambo or ferrari's.

and comparing your other cars - the rolls, bentley and the bmw 750li, which one among these is the best and comfortable and also sporty and fun to drive. i know rolls would be the most comfortable here but still i would really like you to compare these cars and tell your opinion as you are the only person here i guess who can answer these questions by actual experience.

thanks alot dude and congrats once again!
The most comfortable to drive , is the M3. The ride quality(even after lowering it) is very compliant and soft(for a sporty car), luggage space is plenty and it can comfortably seat 4 large people.

Among the luxo-boats , the 750Li is the most comfy IMO. The Bentley is like a teenager who is using steroids and is confused about his own his own personality . The 750Li is a very smooth daily use car and doesn't exhibit a sporty nature at all , whereas the Bentley tries to be sporty , but due to its shriveled testes(read: Engine runs out of steam too soon) , can't 'perform' longer than expected, but plenty of torque and fun below 5K rpm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baleno7811 View Post
ok now i have to ask this question.. since u have a lambo murci, audi r8, aston martin DBS and the BMW M3 and had a porsche 911 i think... He does not ahve the 911 anymore.
Correcto. The 911 was sold a while ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Dude,finally in to SUV eh? NOt taking CRV in to consideration.Advance Congo!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Finally SUV. Good going. Everytime i come to this thread i tend to check your signature for changes and wow! a good change spotted today.

Congrats on all your wheels and best wishes for many more such great sets in future.

Please upload some pics of the M3, Lambo, R8 & AM togather.
Thanks and will post pics .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Wow ! Congratz in advace Eckzy boy on the RR Great Choice, What color is it going to be(Black is the best ! IMO) ?

Have you ruled out the X6 M ? Which was there in your consideration a while back ? or was it X5 M ?

OT - One question i had in my mind for a while, whats the odo reading in your LP now(if you don't mind disclosing) ?
I chose Buckingham Blue(similar to the Jerez Black on the M3 but with a more pronounced shade of blue in the layers of paint). Interior is either going to be black or tan, yet to decide on that.
The X6 M is a pointless car as I was looking for a true blood SUV/off-roader and the technology(TFT screen , touch screen) was best in the big Rangie. I checked out the Range Rover and Range Rove Sport side-by-side , initially thinking from looking at pictures that the RRS looked better, but in person , the RR has such a majestic personality , almost like Clarkson said for the Arnage , "Cathedral on Wheels" feel to it.
The X5 M is again , a pointless car, as I was looking in for off-roading potential and a proper SUV , not a sports car on stilts.

The LP has under 1000 miles on the ODO.

Quote:
since u also have an R8, is it good enough for everyday use compared to a 911 or M3.. as u have said your dailies would be the DBS and the M3.. no mention of R8 so.. and i have read many times that R8 is a more civilised supercar which can be used as your daily car compared to the much more raw 911 and also the Lambos and ferraris..

so is the DBS even more civilised than the R8?
Nothing beats the usability of the 911 Carrera that we had. Plenty of GC , comfy for a sports car and fast. The R8 is a low - slung car that doesn't have much probs going over bumps but it will scrape the odd-bump here and there. The interior is roomy and the engine is fantastic.

The DBS is in its own league. Yes it is more civilized to use because of its superior creature comforts. Once in it , you actually feel snug in a capsule sort of a thing, and it loves to trot at low speeds , with plenty of torque in the lower gears, but it would sling shot to the horizon as soon as you floor the accelerator. No issues with GC again , but those pesky carbon fiber splitters cause a nick at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
I think what Ecks meant was that "his" daily drive cars would be the DBS and the M3. The R8 belongs to his brother if I'm not mistaken.
Correcto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Yeah got it now.
I love ecks' subtleties...
Lolz!

The Rangie we chose is the big boy range rover(non-sport) in the Autobiography trim , with all options and a hulky 5.0 Supercharged V8. Built - to - spec , so delivery is around end May , early June.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 12th February 2010 at 18:38.
ecksreturns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 18:34   #1729
Senior - BHPian

An Indian in the middle of Brits,Bavarians,Italians et al. Great!!!
Few colors ya can try out other than the regular White and Black. I am sure ya might have already decided,but still:

Edit:Just saw your post about Buckingham blue
Attached Images

Last edited by Unknownsatan : 12th February 2010 at 18:44.
Unknownsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 18:40   #1730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
An Indian in the middle of Brits,Bavarians,Italians et al. Great!!!
Few colors ya can try out other than the regular White and Black. I am sure ya might have already decided,but still:
Thanks buddy! I chose the color in the first picture you just posted, its called Buckingham Blue.
Old 12th February 2010, 18:52   #1731
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Karan,

Just saw your signature. I knew that the Range Rover was on its way! I had a niggling hunch that you're going to pick up an SUV very soon! Can't wait to see a picture of all your cars together, including the California and the Range Rover Autobiography when they arrive!

Till then, we'd like some new pictures of the DBS and the M3. By the way, any updates on the M3? Supercharger, Dinan-Stroker motor?
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 18:57   #1732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Congratulations Karan,

Just saw your signature. I knew that the Range Rover was on its way! I had a niggling hunch that you're going to pick up an SUV very soon! Can't wait to see a picture of all your cars together, including the California and the Range Rover Autobiography when they arrive!

Till then, we'd like some new pictures of the DBS and the M3. By the way, any updates on the M3? Supercharger, Dinan-Stroker motor?
I just made a trip to Delhi in the M and will head back tomorrow to chandigarh , so that I can add the kms and get the 1100 km service on it. Post that , the supercharges goes on , and if God forbid the engine goes bust ( due to a bad install or otherwise) then I'll get a stroker motor for sure. =)
Old 12th February 2010, 19:17   #1733
BHPian

Quote:
I chose Buckingham Blue(similar to the Jerez Black on the M3 but with a more pronounced shade of blue in the layers of paint). Interior is either going to be black or tan, yet to decide on that.
The X6 M is a pointless car as I was looking for a true blood SUV/off-roader and the technology(TFT screen , touch screen) was best in the big Rangie. I checked out the Range Rover and Range Rove Sport side-by-side , initially thinking from looking at pictures that the RRS looked better, but in person , the RR has such a majestic personality , almost like Clarkson said for the Arnage , "Cathedral on Wheels" feel to it.
The X5 M is again , a pointless car, as I was looking in for off-roading potential and a proper SUV , not a sports car on stilts.

Ecks ,you could'nt have described the X6 and X5 better. Tehy are nothing but Lux cars on raised springs.The Rangie is the perfect example of an old school SUV.p.s - No offence to anyone ,just my opinion.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 12th February 2010 at 20:47.
Baleno7811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 19:56   #1734
Team-BHP Support

congratulations on the rangie karan. that is a really good buy, and a classy one too. theres just something about british cars that make them so classy. blue looks good but personally i would prefer white.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 19:56   #1735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post

The Rangie we chose is the big boy range rover(non-sport) in the Autobiography trim , with all options and a hulky 5.0 Supercharged V8. Built - to - spec , so delivery is around end May , early June.
Hm, Again congrats on the new buy. Love the car nonetheless. And I'm sure the color will be more understated in flesh than the pics posted by unknownsatan. Kind of Imperial Blue in BMW 7er.

I was just asking since you mentioned the probability of the X6/5M a while ago.

OT- And i guess i know your dealer pretty well !

Edit - This is the color i saw in the Official LR site.
Attached Thumbnails
Of Brits, Bavarians, Horses and Bulls - my Garage-rr-buckingham.jpg  

Last edited by Scorcher : 12th February 2010 at 20:08.
Scorcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 20:08   #1736
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Great news ecks. So, we can expect a full-fledged SUV in your garage now. Buckingham Blue is a fantastic color. I saw one in DXB few months back and it has awesome street-cred, though haven't seen or heard of a Rangie in that color in India.
Amazing choice yet again and wish you all the best for your RR Autobiography and ofcourse for the California.
Regards,
Arunabh.
//M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 20:13   #1737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The most comfortable to drive , is the M3. The ride quality(even after lowering it) is very compliant and soft(for a sporty car), luggage space is plenty and it can comfortably seat 4 large people.

Among the luxo-boats , the 750Li is the most comfy IMO. The Bentley is like a teenager who is using steroids and is confused about his own his own personality . The 750Li is a very smooth daily use car and doesn't exhibit a sporty nature at all , whereas the Bentley tries to be sporty , but due to its shriveled testes(read: Engine runs out of steam too soon) , can't 'perform' longer than expected, but plenty of torque and fun below 5K rpm.
I laughed off the chair on reading this. Amazing metaphor. And well, congratulations on the RR. As usual, I believe a lot of thought has gone into this purchase as well. And i can't think of a better SUV than the Rangie.
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 20:26   #1738
BHPian

Quote:

Amazing choice of machine and amazing choice of colour!

I like the blue.. looks regal. (like the white!)

and i couldn't agree more to you about the X5 M / X6 M or even the regular X5/X6 or audi Q7 and other so called soft roaders..

I mean an suv should behave like an suv and not cry like a girl if thrown on a offroad! to me a suv which cannot do off-roading is pointless! better to get a sedan for just tarmac use!

the range rover is the best choice when it comes to prestige and a no nonsense off-roading. its driven by kings and queens the world over.

just one question - what is this autobiography version all about? have heard only about the top end Vogue!

Aston martin DBS, BMW M3, Lamborghini murci and now a RR!
i must agree to so many people here... you have a great taste of cars..
can't pick any favorite... not possible!
magikrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 20:29   #1739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Amazing choice of machine and amazing choice of colour!

I like the blue.. looks regal. (like the white!)

and i couldn't agree more to you about the X5 M / X6 M or even the regular X5/X6 or audi Q7 and other so called soft roaders..

I mean an suv should behave like an suv and not cry like a girl if thrown on a offroad! to me a suv which cannot do off-roading is pointless! better to get a sedan for just tarmac use!

the range rover is the best choice when it comes to prestige and a no nonsense off-roading. its driven by kings and queens the world over.

just one question - what is this autobiography version all about? have heard only about the top end Vogue!

Aston martin DBS, BMW M3, Lamborghini murci and now a RR!
i must agree to so many people here... you have a great taste of cars..
can't pick any favorite... not possible!
The Autobiography is the highest trim available for the RR and lets the client customize their color for the interior to their taste while offering a range of two-tone interior color options. Its applicable only to the supercharged V8 series of Rangies.
Old 12th February 2010, 20:35   #1740
BHPian

Hey Ecks, you have so many exclusive exotics, now i am curious: have you ever contemplated or thought about going for elucive cars, like the Enzo, or the McLarenF1, Pagani Zonda, or hell man, the Veyron Saleen S7 turbo? Now that will complete your collection huh?
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote