Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 19:07   #1816
Newbie
 
Gran torino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi Ecks,

You have wonderful taste in cars. Your collection is truly awe-inspiring. Hope it grows manifold in the coming years.

Thank you for sharing your joy with many. Take care : )
Gran torino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 19:30   #1817
Senior - BHPian
 
anekho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: .
Posts: 1,995
Thanked: 659 Times
Default

Beautiful pics ecks, thanks for sharing! The black M3 just looks so stunning - I could just stare at it for hours!

Loved the shot with the keys!

I've probably said this a million times, but again, fantastic collection!
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 19:41   #1818
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,602
Thanked: 611 Times
Default

Glad to see THE Best thread on team-bhp being re-opened. Thanks for sharing the pictures ecks! Beautiful pictures of the exotics you have. Very hard to choose my favorite among all of them.
How's the DBS driving experience so far? how difficult or easy was it to maneuver in the city as compared to the Murci?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
PS - I am setting up a dyno center in Delhi with India's first (really) 4wd dyno. I will let you all know more after the end of April
Quote:
And yes, the R35 GTR is making an entry to our garage (finally !)
Congratulations! Another black beauty in your garage

Last edited by theragingbull : 26th March 2010 at 19:42.
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 19:51   #1819
BHPian
 
prateekm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai & BLR
Posts: 756
Thanked: 311 Times
Default

Thanks for those hi-res pics Ecks! My questions :

1) Which is the key 2nd from the left (The one between the Bimmer and the Lambo)? I guess it's the Aston.

2) Among all these cars, is there any one which is the most unreliable compared to the others?

3) I know this is regarding your cars, but are there any superbikes in your garage?

Sorry if you feel offended/uncomfortable to answer any of the questions

O.T : No doubt you have great cars but a great mansion as well

Last edited by prateekm : 26th March 2010 at 19:58.
prateekm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 20:30   #1820
Senior - BHPian
 
shamik.bose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Thanks a ton, Karan, for re-starting this thread. And how? The cars look amazing. Can't wait to see pics of your garage once you take delivery of the GT-R and the Rangie. Will be perfect. As quite a few people have mentioned before, the M3 looks amazingly good. And as usual, so does the Lambo. Never thought I'd say this but the pictures don't do justice to the Aston, specially beside the Orange bull. Congratulations on your new purchases and we do hope your garage keeps increasing in leaps and bounds. Have fun! And do keep us updated.
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 20:39   #1821
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 682
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

One question I must ask (think its been asked before). Of all the cars, if you had to pick one to be your favorite which one would that be. Secondly, of all these track blazers, on which car have you achieved the highest speed and how much? If you don't mind that is.
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 20:56   #1822
BHPian
 
bivin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MAA/DXB/CDG
Posts: 932
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Sweet pics brother!! total drool stuff!! i read your signature a while back reading the R35. congrats on that!!
btw when is the RR arriving??
Cheers!!
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 21:02   #1823
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otomobil View Post
Voila ! Lip Smacking !

Even on Pics i cannot choose one to drive! how do you pull it off ?

What car for what ocassion ? believe me you must be running out of all the ocasssions ? Am i right ?

Cheers,
Otomobil
It's tough for sure , but for daily use , I use the M3 , with the Aston for twice a week kinda thing and the Murci for weekends only. The Audi is my brother's car , so that's not what I drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The M3 looks like it's from another planet altogether! The other 3 cars, especially the R8 pale in comparison. Beautiful pics.
Yep ! I have been saying that for a while now , and it's just now that you guys have noticed it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
As always an astonoshing garage for sure. the M3 some how seems to steal the show inspite of being a saloon. Next the lambo and the Aston. And congratulations on the GTR.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Nice pics bro, thanks for sharing! I never imagined that an M3 could look so raw. The black on black combo looks fantastic.
You should have seen fellow member V10's reaction when he saw the car in person. He wasn't convinced on the rims I had added but he was floored after seeing them in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
Did people complain about noise issue? I mean that is not noise that is the best sound on the planet!!!!!!
Yes, people did complain about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran torino View Post
Hi Ecks,

You have wonderful taste in cars. Your collection is truly awe-inspiring. Hope it grows manifold in the coming years.

Thank you for sharing your joy with many. Take care : )
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Beautiful pics ecks, thanks for sharing! The black M3 just looks so stunning - I could just stare at it for hours!

Loved the shot with the keys!

I've probably said this a million times, but again, fantastic collection!
Thanks bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Glad to see THE Best thread on team-bhp being re-opened. Thanks for sharing the pictures ecks! Beautiful pictures of the exotics you have. Very hard to choose my favorite among all of them.
How's the DBS driving experience so far? how difficult or easy was it to maneuver in the city as compared to the Murci?
Congratulations! Another black beauty in your garage

The DBS is a fantastic cruiser! It is much much much more easier to drive than the Murci is. But then I guess that's like comparing apples to oranges. The DBS is meant to be a cruiser whereas the Murci is the embodiment of lunacy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Thanks for those hi-res pics Ecks! My questions :

1) Which is the key 2nd from the left (The one between the Bimmer and the Lambo)? I guess it's the Aston.

2) Among all these cars, is there any one which is the most unreliable compared to the others?

3) I know this is regarding your cars, but are there any superbikes in your garage?

Sorry if you feel offended/uncomfortable to answer any of the questions

O.T : No doubt you have great cars but a great mansion as well
1 - That is indeed the Aston key!
2 - Unreliable ? No.
3 - Nope, my father does not permit us any superbikes , neither did I develop any interest in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Thanks a ton, Karan, for re-starting this thread. And how? The cars look amazing. Can't wait to see pics of your garage once you take delivery of the GT-R and the Rangie. Will be perfect. As quite a few people have mentioned before, the M3 looks amazingly good. And as usual, so does the Lambo. Never thought I'd say this but the pictures don't do justice to the Aston, specially beside the Orange bull. Congratulations on your new purchases and we do hope your garage keeps increasing in leaps and bounds. Have fun! And do keep us updated.
Very well said! I personally love the looks of the Aston more than the Murci!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
One question I must ask (think its been asked before). Of all the cars, if you had to pick one to be your favorite which one would that be. Secondly, of all these track blazers, on which car have you achieved the highest speed and how much? If you don't mind that is.
Favorites :

1 - In terms of sheer excitement - Presently the Murci , because of the noise and power,but that may soon be eclipsed by the torque of the GTR , but it would never be able to replicate the sound of the V12.

2 - In terms of looks - Aston DBS , hands down!

3 - In terms of best to drive around town - the M3 with the supercharger on or maybe even the GTR

And I achieved a top speed of 300+ km/hr in the Murci , on a 'deserted' run-way! There are vids of that here in my thread and on youtube.
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 21:11   #1824
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: .
Posts: 134
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Brilliant. No other words.
Karthik-zza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 21:26   #1825
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: iNDIA
Posts: 623
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

This has been on my mind for a long time. Have you ever crashed/scratched any of your cars? No offense.
indra_slk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 21:36   #1826
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
This has been on my mind for a long time. Have you ever crashed/scratched any of your cars? No offense.
Nope, I am a very careful driver. =)
I reckon one would assume that all these powerful cars give one a heady feel , but naah , I respect my cars.
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 22:36   #1827
BHPian
 
Mr. Nobody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 150
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

wow , you are moving to delhi ! so your lambo and m3 will shred the delhi roads with hamann exhausts , that will be a site to see . .
Mr. Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 22:46   #1828
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: chandigarh / auckland
Posts: 7
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Finally something from the JDM land in your garage , good luck with modding it
enfield1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 23:02   #1829
Newbie
 
KokosaM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 18
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Karan,

Your thread really brings meaning to the whole "Super-Cars-Imports-India" section, so keep the pictures and your experience with the collection alive. And you did good by taking control over the thread to maintain the quality.
and as lot of them feel i think M3 takes the trophy of an allrounder in your garage.
KokosaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 23:24   #1830
Senior - BHPian
 
Ace F355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 1,172
Thanked: 1,602 Times
Default

Such a refreshing feeling to see a life in this thread again.

The pics are brilliant. Thanks KD. The Aston wins my heart in terms of over all package, never the less every supercar in your garage is a beauty. You are absolutely spot on about GTR. It will be handy for driving within city limits but it is nowhere close to that mad Italian V12 in terms of music. IMHO, exhaust sound is the weakest point of Godzilla.

DIY install of S/C on M3!!! Good to hear that because getting hand dirty while working on the car yourself surely improves the bond between the car and the driver... Good luck with that.

One request for you, Karan. I would love to see your garage in person next time I am back home, if it is not a lot of trouble for you!!! Please suggest.
Ace F355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My brother's garage : Germans and Brits smalhotra_93 Super-Cars & Imports in India 216 18th May 2015 18:40
Who let the Bulls out and look where they been!!!!! padikpanther Travelogues 49 13th December 2011 15:30
3 bulls, 5 guys and a fort ... ride to Pratapgarh from Pune wanderlustindia Travelogues 3 2nd April 2008 11:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks