Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 10th November 2013, 16:08   #1891
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post

Turbo S , as per Porsche India's website, starts from 2.6cr , ex showroom. When I think of bang for the buck , I only mean ex-showroom and not OTR. So I am not sure if 3.5cr is loaded price + OTR or just one of the two. Since the Turbo S already comes preloaded with all the performance goodies , I would assume that with reasonably good loadings it would be around the 2.8 or 2.9cr mark? And keep in mind this is with the now - imposed 150 odd % Duties and weak rupee. Still I feel that it is a good deal , as the Turbo S , in my own opinion , is more drivable and grabs relatively less attention than it's Italian contemporaries.

And yes , for bragging rights alone the Turbo S would do 0-60mph is the 2.7 sec range without a problem. Porsche has usually been under rating those times for the Turbo's of late. =)
While I fully agree on the attention grabbing part, I feel its more of a boon, atleast after seeing Aventadors getting mobbed here.
And about the price, I was told by a guy who bought one in Pune so the OTR would be relatively lesser in CHD.

And bragging rights, the Turbo S does what the LP700 can, albeit, with half the engine folded into half
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 16:10   #1892
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Of Brits, Bavarians, Horses and Bulls - my Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
There is already a GT3 in Chandigarh itself.
Err.. No. That would be a 997 Carrera 4GTS.

There isn't a single GT3 of any generation in the country.

Quote:
Ji Suhaas, I am indeed tempted by Porsche once again. Deciding between the GT3 for it's sound and pure driving experience vs the Turbo S , for it's sheer speed and bang for the buck!!
Get the GT3 man. Nothing will hold a candle to that insane 9k redline! Besides, you have the option of tracking it too! The Turbo is nice but there are a few in the country already! Even Bangalore has one now!

All the best!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 19:50   #1893
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
There isn't a single GT3 of any generation in the country.
Yep, not a single GT3 in the country as of now, but, one is supposedly joining the DC garage soon. Remember reading up about it on FB comments where the owner mentioned getting a GT3 and a 2014 FS. So lets see if it arrives

Last edited by A.K : 10th November 2013 at 19:52.
A.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 22:50   #1894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
GT3? I am sure you are confusing yourself between the Carrera 4 GTS and the GT3.
Attaching a couple of pictures of the C4GTS I found on the Supercars and Exotics in Chandigarh Facebook page
I stand corrected. I was indeed talking about the GTS.
SumitBahl is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 23:33   #1895
BHPian

Hi karan. Due to your experience, I thought of asking you how much would a 2014 GT-R cost to buy right now? And would it be worth the money to get one right now?
Shivjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 12:33   #1896
Senior - BHPian

From exlcusivity point of view, the GT3 RS 4.0 would be something very special if available at an acceptable price. One of the best things is; you still get the stick shift which is no longer available on the 911 Turbos.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 15:33   #1897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivjeet View Post
Hi karan. Due to your experience, I thought of asking you how much would a 2014 GT-R cost to buy right now? And would it be worth the money to get one right now?
From the research that I have done , it would cost somewhere around the 1.4 - 1.6 cr mark , landed at India, not including any local / state taxes or registration fees. Would it be worth the money given the duty structure now , and the price of the 2014 model as such , is subjective. In my humble opinion , no , it would not be. Sure, it will enable the driver to extract a lot more from it vis a vis any car in that price segment , but if it were the ONLY car I could buy given the money , then no , I'd invest somewhere else. The biggest hassle for me was the servicing aspect. I am not talking about the usual oil and filter change. This car also requires a lot of software maintenance and I am very very particular about such things , and that maintenance is not available in India and neither is support available from abroad, and I have indeed tried that aspect as well.

Given the money involved , I would gladly invest in another car. This is my humble opinion based on my own experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
From exlcusivity point of view, the GT3 RS 4.0 would be something very special if available at an acceptable price. One of the best things is; you still get the stick shift which is no longer available on the 911 Turbos.
The 4.0 is a wicked car indeed! I just saw Chris Harris' take on his 4.0 and my god what a gem it is. I thought the production on em was over?

Last edited by ecksreturns : 11th November 2013 at 15:34.
ecksreturns is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 17:31   #1898
BHPian

Quote:

The 4.0 is a wicked car indeed! I just saw Chris Harris' take on his 4.0 and my god what a gem it is. I thought the production on em was over?

The GT3 RS 4.0 was on a limited run of just 600 cars for the world. Considering the fact that it is the fastest non turbo 911 ever made, all were sold soon after it was shown to the world.

My personal view screams a 991 GT3 at the moment, unless one has patience for an RS.
doctorque is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 12:05   #1899
Team-BHP Support

It would be far fetched to consider the GT3 RS 4.0 at all!

Limited run aside, I'm not sure how many RHD examples were made.

Besides, the new 991 GT3 trumps it in most respects. Agreed, the 4.0 is a brilliant track car, but the new GT3's tech: rear-wheel-steering, revised 7-speed PDK calibrated to feel like a sequential racing 'box (w/o overdrive - 7 proper gears), dynamic engine mounts, etc would render it faster than the old 4.0 by quite a margin, I'd imagine.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 22:08   #1900
BHPian

Welcome back friend

Just one question, ever taken any of the cars on BIC? If so, what car and please share your experience. Also, Thoughts on LP700?

Thanks
muditgrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 22:49   #1901
E63
BANNED

Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread.

LAST WARNING.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 15th November 2013 at 09:22.
E63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 17:44   #1902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Re-opened on the thread starter's request
Quote:
Hi everyone. Latest update is that the GTR is gone. Will restructure the collection to make space for some possible additions in 2014. Good to be back here.
Great!!! Welcome back KD. Please give this bone dry thread some life through your lenswork. Good to see you back in action again.
Ace F355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 14:20   #1903
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Of Brits, Bavarians, Horses and Bulls - my Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Great!!! Welcome back KD. Please give this bone dry thread some life through your lenswork. Good to see you back in action again.
+1

Please update one of the best threads on the forum with some new pictures of your collection. Btw the Aventador would look perfect in your garage.
streetsdisciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 14:36   #1904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsdisciple View Post
+1

Please update one of the best threads on the forum with some new pictures of your collection. Btw the Aventador would look perfect in your garage.
My heart is set on the F12 for 2014. =)
ecksreturns is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 21:55   #1905
BHPian

How do you manage keeping people off your cars when parked in public? I have a hard time because I always see people clicking photos with the car. The worst I ever saw was someone lying down on the bonnet with elbow on the windshield and clicking photos. And hella nice collection you have there. I was going in for BMW X6 40d but cancelled last moment because the city I live in is not mature enough to see these cars
V12Doc is offline   Reply With Quote