Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 9th June 2009, 22:56   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
hey the rims look sexy on the M3! btw those are from which manufacturer?
The rims are made by VMR , which is , Velocity Motoring .

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Great. Seriously. Not a big fan of LEDs on my feet. Too ricer for me. Maybe better in person. Wheels though, yummy.
Yes , they look much better in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
looks great, boss.

have you run her in yet?
No , not yet . Another ~ 800 kms to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
Wheels look great. Suit the car pretty well. Are you getting any more upgrades? I suggest get some dark tint. These AW E92's look better with Full Dark tints.
No , no tints for me. They hinder my vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Awesome, The Car looks great now with the bigger wheels and Lowered Look. What is the size of the rims and tires??
255 Front and 285 rear with 19 all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Rims look good ecks, but am not sure if they look better than the original ones. Anyways thats just my opinion.

Anyways theres something that I've wanted to ask you since a long time. How about starting a new thread on how you actually decided to buy the cars that you own / booked. Would be interesting to read on what goes on in the minds of a potential supercar buyer. How is the decision to own a Lamborghini or a Ferrari or a Porsche finalised? Does he read magazine reviews, watch Top Gear, post in 'What Car' section of a Supercar forum etc etc.

I'm sure 100% of the members here would like to know these details.
Sure, that would be a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
+1

Really like the rims, they look great. In that first pic the drop looks good too, since it's been shot from low down. In the second I feel the rear is too low.

Don't like the white lights inside. When's the exhaust and the other 'important' bits getting to you?

The drop is fine . I had two friends who are 6 feet tall and weigh more that 100 kg approx sit in the back . The drop was still fine and no rubbing.

I am in Chicago as I write this and will take delivery of the exhaust , CSL trunk lid and CF rear diffuser this week.
ecksreturns is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 03:07   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
I sound like a fashion designer :/

You know what that means. :P
axp817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 05:29   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by axp817 View Post
You know what that means. :P
I'm Bruno. Coming soon.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 09:19   #289
BHPian

What exhaust are you buying? Amuse Titanium ??
4RANSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 20:17   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RANSM View Post
What exhaust are you buying? Amuse Titanium ??

I am going with Eisenmann Race exhausts for now. Will get Active Autowerke X pipes w/high flow cats .
Old 10th June 2009, 20:53   #291
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
I am going with Eisenmann Race exhausts for now. Will get Active Autowerke X pipes w/high flow cats .
Nice. It is my understanding that the installation of these X pipes would require manual welding. Have you found such a place here?
v10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 21:56   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice. It is my understanding that the installation of these X pipes would require manual welding. Have you found such a place here?
My guess is Karan is getting all installations done from the BMW service center.
dipen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 22:05   #293
v10
BHPian

i doubt they would X pipe a brand new 80 lakh M3 or any other serious warranty damaging modification.
v10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 23:09   #294
BHPian

Just went thru the whole thread in one go, awesome taste in cars! Drive safe and keep the pictures coming!
Edmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 23:48   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
My guess is Karan is getting all installations done from the BMW service center.
Quote:
i doubt they would X pipe a brand new 80 lakh M3 or any other serious warranty damaging modification.

At the moment I am getting only the Eisenamann Race exhaust with connecting pipes. These connecting pipes make it a direct bolt on and hence avoid any cutting / welding. All this is done by the BMW work shop . They are expert in the installation of such things (they already did a exhaust install for a M5 client) and I have already given them the go ahead for such things as we have a mutual understanding on warranty.

Since I will get the X pipes and cats installed later , I will do my research and if I feel that there is a margin of error, then I will do the needful. As such the thing to look for is the construction of the exhaust system and the factory welding. If they are of a faulty nature , then every thing else is useless.
Old 11th June 2009, 00:23   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At the moment I am getting only the Eisenamann Race exhaust with connecting pipes. These connecting pipes make it a direct bolt on and hence avoid any cutting / welding. All this is done by the BMW work shop . They are expert in the installation of such things (they already did a exhaust install for a M5 client) and I have already given them the go ahead for such things as we have a mutual understanding on warranty.
This was done for the white M5 from Delhi. I am sure by the time your done with the car it is going to sound and look awsome. Are you planning to play with the Bhp or want to leave it stock.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 02:00   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
This was done for the white M5 from Delhi. I am sure by the time your done with the car it is going to sound and look awsome. Are you planning to play with the Bhp or want to leave it stock.

I may be . At the moment I am just playing around with the looks of the car. After this , I will focus on the power .
Old 11th June 2009, 05:04   #298
BHPian

The engine sound is good enough ..Everytime i hear M3 roaring in tunnel i struggle to keep my tongue inside my mouth lol..
4RANSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 00:09   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The drop is fine . I had two friends who are 6 feet tall and weigh more that 100 kg approx sit in the back . The drop was still fine and no rubbing.

I am in Chicago as I write this and will take delivery of the exhaust , CSL trunk lid and CF rear diffuser this week.
Did you mean you had two burly dudes who each weigh 100Kg or did you have two leggy supermodels who weigh 100Kgs between them!?

Have you weighed those rims? Be interesting to know what they weigh.
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 00:17   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Have you weighed those rims? Be interesting to know what they weigh.

Yep , the weight is 25lbs for each rim. Pretty light if you ask me.