Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 22nd April 2009, 21:42   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Oh yeah yeah , the break in period ends at about 1500 kms. After that I'll get the mods done.

And another amazing fact about the M3 is that it is not at all an attention grabber (speaking both in relation to the LP and individually) . I just drove around town and not one person followed the M and/or looked twice. Now THAT is a blessing for people who do not wish to get too much attention. I even parked it in my office parking (with our security people close by) and when I came back down stairs , there it was, not a single person around it. Aah , heaven this is.
Well, I may be wrong at this, but i don't know why i get the feeling that you are much more happy this time as compared to the one when you got the lambo. (Maybe because this time it is much more practical)

neways, Saw M3 today, just the front view as i was leaving my house at that time.

I guess people will notice it when they know that it is NOT the regular beamer.

Anyways, which digi cam u used for the pics and yes, still waiting to hear the lambo roar, atleast once.
GoodDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 22:24   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
Hey Eks, can u just post some interior pics of LP...
I am sorry mate , the mods won't allow that. You can visit my LP640 thread for extensive pictures and videos of the LP.
ecksreturns is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 22:28   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDevil View Post
Well, I may be wrong at this, but i don't know why i get the feeling that you are much more happy this time as compared to the one when you got the lambo. (Maybe because this time it is much more practical)

neways, Saw M3 today, just the front view as i was leaving my house at that time.

I guess people will notice it when they know that it is NOT the regular beamer.

Anyways, which digi cam u used for the pics and yes, still waiting to hear the lambo roar, atleast once.

Your diagnosis is correct my friend! I can't explain how it feels to have a performance car that I can drive every day AND not get ridiculous amount of attention for it. And I have a feeling that you live close to my place. Where do you live?

I used my Canon 30D w/ 24-70 mm lens , and for some of the interior pictures I used my Canon S3 IS . And as a matter of fact , I had the LP turned on for a while when I was doing the photo shoot but did not drive it around.
Old 22nd April 2009, 23:27   #94
BANNED

hey ecks...congrats on the M3...u will enjoy it...its an amazing car for a daily drive..i am looking forward to your exhaust and ecu upgrade. am considering the same for my M3...but still not able to decide.
accord masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 01:08   #95
BHPian

Quote:
And as a matter of fact , I had the LP turned on for a while when I was doing the photo shoot but did not drive it around.
Ahh, that explains why the LP was trying to breathe, even while standing still.

I wonder how no one noticed that the air vents, which normally open when the engine gets too hot, are open in this pic:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...e-img_1451.jpg

Quote:
the break in period ends at about 1500 kms.
Call me old fashioned, but i prefer the term 'run-in' to 'break-in'.

Last edited by d3mon : 23rd April 2009 at 01:17.
d3mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 03:19   #96
Senior - BHPian

They were open in other pics too. I initially thought that he opened them for show, but realised the guy's not a poser...and then he mentioned that the LP was up and running too.

For those who haven't heard what Hamann tips sound like:

This godlike sound is matched, in my opinion, only by a 599 Mansory Stallone, a Zonda F or a CGT. I still think it pwns them though.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 03:33   #97
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

First of all, a big, big congratulations to you on the new baby! Brought back all sorts of wonderful memories for me! I'm sure you will be completely happy with your M3, it is absolutely the PERFECT performance car for our Indian conditions! I hope you have many happy miles with her!

Quote:
Oh yeah yeah , the break in period ends at about 1500 kms. After that I'll get the mods done.

And another amazing fact about the M3 is that it is not at all an attention grabber (speaking both in relation to the LP and individually) . I just drove around town and not one person followed the M and/or looked twice. Now THAT is a blessing for people who do not wish to get too much attention. I even parked it in my office parking (with our security people close by) and when I came back down stairs , there it was, not a single person around it. Aah , heaven this is.
This is one of the BEST things about the M3 in my opinion. It was one of the criteria that influenced my decision as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
what beauties. the m3 actually looks tall in front of the lp.
I had the exact same thought myself!

Quote:
Your diagnosis is correct my friend! I can't explain how it feels to have a performance car that I can drive every day AND not get ridiculous amount of attention for it.
I could not agree with you more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
hey ecks...congrats on the M3...u will enjoy it...its an amazing car for a daily drive..i am looking forward to your exhaust and ecu upgrade. am considering the same for my M3...but still not able to decide.
Listen, I'm thinking we should consider doing a group buy now that there are at least THREE of us on the forum with an E92 M3. Have you heard the Eisenmann RACE in person Karan? I have often wished that my exhaust was a LITTLE louder than the stock one. For this reason I am not sure if the Race would be my choice or the SPORT would be. I believe Tubi also does an M3 exhaust now. Wonder how that would sound?! Please let's be in the loop on this one, because a group exhaust buy would be a good idea if all three of us are interested.

Once again...all the very best with the new car, enjoy it to the max and be safe!
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:30   #98
v10
BHPian

Congrats again for the ///M

I still think that you should have gone for a convertible this time around though. Its really a totally different experience flooring it around with the top down.

Also noticed that your, accordmasters & KBK's M3 are almost identical!
Have fun with it.
As for the exhaust met dippy's partener yesterday and he was telling me about an exhaust in which you can switch modes in with just a remote control. the idea sounded pretty wild. its manufactured in japan and he will be sending me a mail. look into that one too as you can get it with full warranty.

also in your post about ferraris with official service, i dont think its a big issue. especially when you can get novitec ferraris with height adjustable suspension and full warranty and good sevice. i think its a pretty descent option.
v10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:50   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
Congrats again for the ///M

I still think that you should have gone for a convertible this time around though. Its really a totally different experience flooring it around with the top down.

Also noticed that your, accordmasters & KBK's M3 are almost identical!
Have fun with it.
As for the exhaust met dippy's partener yesterday and he was telling me about an exhaust in which you can switch modes in with just a remote control. the idea sounded pretty wild. its manufactured in japan and he will be sending me a mail. look into that one too as you can get it with full warranty.

also in your post about ferraris with official service, i dont think its a big issue. especially when you can get novitec ferraris with height adjustable suspension and full warranty and good sevice. i think its a pretty descent option.
The remote control systems have been out for quite some time. Welcome to the world of remote controlled valves.

And as for unsupported cars , I did my research . Ferrari's are very sensitive cars . One of the many problems they face is that the cluster panel in front of you , will often half a fused bulb. Now imagine driving the car with a faulty cluster panel . As for novitec support and warranty , well I would not want to be stuck with a modifier who would first get his technicians visa's cleared and then send them when they are available. Long distance service facilities never did attract me. Especially now -a - days I hear GTR owners in India facing clutch issues due to hard launches and regret not having offical back up in India to fix such senistive machinery.

Again , no point in discussing this as every one has their own reservations. For me, its safety first , experiments later.
Old 23rd April 2009, 13:39   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Oh those guys are really co operative. I would be adding a Rouge Engineering Pulley and Eisenmann Race exhausts . Add that with an ECU tune from AA and may be a Gruppe M intake and we are in business baby!
Man you're just too much! So the BMW is gonna let you do all that and keep the warranty? Wow in that case they're even nicer then I thought. I expect that the ECU tune and the pulley must at the least void your service package...

Some day soon KD, I'll be knocking on your door. Shouldn't be too hard to find either, will land in CHD, and ask the nearest rickshaw driver "I need to find a house with 1 orange car, 1 white car, 2 black cars..." oh well you get the picture
DocG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 14:01   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Man you're just too much! So the BMW is gonna let you do all that and keep the warranty? Wow in that case they're even nicer then I thought. I expect that the ECU tune and the pulley must at the least void your service package...

Some day soon KD, I'll be knocking on your door. Shouldn't be too hard to find either, will land in CHD, and ask the nearest rickshaw driver "I need to find a house with 1 orange car, 1 white car, 2 black cars..." oh well you get the picture

The exhaust won't void the warranty because it is not tampering with the cats , but the pulley and ecu will. But it is worth it!
Old 23rd April 2009, 14:41   #102
BANNED

The remote control exhaust that you're talking about is the kreissieg exhaust ,its a F1 valvetonic exhaust and has a remote to control the level of noise you want, got 5 settings and with level 5 being the F1 mode.... was considering this exhaust for sometime now kbk, ecks what say ? There are a few videos of a m3 with this exhaust on youtube. Its for JPY6,50,000. Translated version of http://www.kreissieg.com/

AM
accord masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 14:59   #103
Senior - BHPian

That sounds quite pricey to me, the Eisenmann Race is only 1355 GBP in London + s/h, but without VAT. The Sport will be the same cost.

I just checked the Kreissieg site, and the price you are mentioning is for the front cross pipes as well as the Cat-back pipes and muffler. The Eisenmann system, by contrast, is Cat-back only.

Last edited by kbk_75 : 23rd April 2009 at 15:02.
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:04   #104
Senior - BHPian

Blown,Blown..Blown Away!
As usual am late to find a good thread but then am here finally
Was going to put the Q in your LP thread when i saw KBK's post there and sound this thread.
Congrats!
Good practical choice.
Loved the interiors of M3.
Someday when i land in CHD will come to see them in person!

Last edited by harry10 : 23rd April 2009 at 15:05.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:34   #105
BANNED

nice daily drive dude.. but i like m3 than LP, coz may be its a daily drive.
monty9991 is offline   Reply With Quote