Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 20:19   #1261
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Not necessarily black wraps.



Yes they were helpful. I wouldn't know if that picture is from India. There are a handful of GTR's in India and I believe they are well documented here. Never heard of any R35's wrapped. If there is one , then it must be a great looking car.
Yes , indeed the gtr's are well documented here. All the best for your gtr.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 21:55   #1262
BHPian
 
bivin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MAA/DXB/CDG
Posts: 932
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

dont mean to change your decision, but just helping your imagination!!
dont know about its effect on handling, but it looks real neat without the rear wing!!
Attached Images
 
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 22:01   #1263
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,054
Thanked: 6,601 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
dont mean to change your decision, but just helping your imagination!!
dont know about its effect on handling, but it looks real neat without the rear wing!!
It does look great indeed. But I'm sure it's going to affect the aerodynamics in some way or anything. Every crease, every wing-let, every fold on the body plays a rather important part in the car's aerodynamics, down-force and handling characteristics. I wonder what the result would be for this example.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 22:28   #1264
BHPian
 
akshaymahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 482
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Woah..
give me an option between Salma Hayek and this black babe and i will pick this one. (Dont worry Salma you gave a tough competition).
BTW is this a standard colour option on the GTR? I dont think any other car in the world has a matte black colour.
akshaymahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 22:56   #1265
BHPian
 
rihan01234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London
Posts: 94
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Every crease, every wing-let, every fold on the body plays a rather important part in the car's aerodynamics, down-force and handling characteristics. I wonder what the result would be for this example.
I second suhas on that. They are there for a purpose and should be left alone.
rihan01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 23:12   #1266
Senior - BHPian
 
shamik.bose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 126 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
It does look great indeed. But I'm sure it's going to affect the aerodynamics in some way or anything.Every crease, every wing-let, every fold on the body plays a rather important part ]in the car's aerodynamics, down-force and handling characteristics. I wonder what the result would be for this example.
I smell TopGear and Jeremy Clarkson but yes, the spoiler is one of the key reasons why this car has been setting amazing times @ the 'Ring.
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 23:27   #1267
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Woah..
give me an option between Salma Hayek and this black babe and i will pick this one. (Dont worry Salma you gave a tough competition).
BTW is this a standard colour option on the GTR? I dont think any other car in the world has a matte black colour.
Lamborghini offers matte black paint as a special option and any high end car maker can paint in matte colors if given a sample.
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 00:12   #1268
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,054
Thanked: 6,601 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
I smell TopGear and Jeremy Clarkson but yes, the spoiler is one of the key reasons why this car has been setting amazing times @ the 'Ring.
Hehe looks like Shamik knows something about me now! Yup, but I was aware of that fact earlier but put it across in simple Top Gear fashion!

That said, it does make a real difference to the car. I think spoilers that come as a stock part shouldn't be touched!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 07:31   #1269
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Hehe looks like Shamik knows something about me now! Yup, but I was aware of that fact earlier but put it across in simple Top Gear fashion!

That said, it does make a real difference to the car. I think spoilers that come as a stock part shouldn't be touched!
Haha. Suhaas is giving the same description as Jeremy did,but you did miss out on the side view mirrors deflecting air into the big wing.
Though it looks neat it would definitely screw up the downforce.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 09:38   #1270
BHPian
 
VIPER_SRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 432
Thanked: 171 Times
Default

Ecks: Did you consider Hennessey Performance for Nissan GTR Mods.. some numbers I picked up from their website

Power: 813 hp @ 6,500 rpm
704 lb-ft Torque @ 4,100 rpm

Performance: 0-60 mph: 2.6 sec. (stock = 3.4)
0-100 mph: 6.2 sec. (stock = 8.3)
0-150 mph: 13.5 sec. (stock = 19.5 sec.) 1/4 mile: 10.5 sec. @ 136 mph (stock = 11.8 sec. @ 118 mph)
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Link:
Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE) - Dyno Sheets and Time Slips Page
VIPER_SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 11:51   #1271
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
Ecks: Did you consider Hennessey Performance for Nissan GTR Mods.. some numbers I picked up from their website

Power: 813 hp @ 6,500 rpm
704 lb-ft Torque @ 4,100 rpm

Performance: 0-60 mph: 2.6 sec. (stock = 3.4)
0-100 mph: 6.2 sec. (stock = 8.3)
0-150 mph: 13.5 sec. (stock = 19.5 sec.) 1/4 mile: 10.5 sec. @ 136 mph (stock = 11.8 sec. @ 118 mph)
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Link:
Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE) - Dyno Sheets and Time Slips Page
im sure he has. for all his cars he seems to do some MAJOR research before buying on the car and on mods. if im not wrong, ecks probably has each and every mod already planned out completely on the gtr.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 15:55   #1272
Newbie
 
chafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 16
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Matt black? Great choice, two thumbs up!
Always wondered why I didn't see more sports cars in that colour. Saw an Audi RS4 in matt black the last time I was in London, it looked amazing.
chafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 19:10   #1273
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,054
Thanked: 6,601 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Lamborghini offers matte black paint as a special option and any high end car maker can paint in matte colors if given a sample.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chafer View Post
Matt black? Great choice, two thumbs up!
Always wondered why I didn't see more sports cars in that colour. Saw an Audi RS4 in matt black the last time I was in London, it looked amazing.
I had seen a Murcielago LP 640 in Matte black when I had been to London sometime back. It looked so brilliant! For a split second, I thought that it was a Reventon from a distance! But here is a picture of a different Matte black Murcielago LP 640.

P.S. Check out the interior. You can't miss it!
Attached Images
 
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 19:36   #1274
BHPian
 
funkydevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 358
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I had seen a Murcielago LP 640 in Matte black when I had been to London sometime back. It looked so brilliant! For a split second, I thought that it was a Reventon from a distance! But here is a picture of a different Matte black Murcielago LP 640.

P.S. Check out the interior. You can't miss it!
After looking at the interiors the first thing my eyes went on was the number plate. These arab's and their colorful interiors.........

Last edited by funkydevil : 13th November 2009 at 19:37.
funkydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2009, 19:47   #1275
Senior - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,730
Thanked: 4,772 Times
Default

@ecks - Does'nt your R8 feel a bit left out ?? Why dont you gift her with something this sorts.
Attached Images
  
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My brother's garage : Germans and Brits smalhotra_93 Super-Cars & Imports in India 216 18th May 2015 18:40
Who let the Bulls out and look where they been!!!!! padikpanther Travelogues 49 13th December 2011 15:30
3 bulls, 5 guys and a fort ... ride to Pratapgarh from Pune wanderlustindia Travelogues 3 2nd April 2008 11:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks