Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2008, 14:10   #466
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Here is the New Hummer and the S500 and the Lexus 470 belonging to the same person.. Enjoy..
Attached Thumbnails
Pics : Multiple Imported Cars spotting at one spot-dsc02947.jpg  

Pics : Multiple Imported Cars spotting at one spot-dsc02948.jpg  

Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 15:28   #467
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 100 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
here is the cls 350 and the S600. spotted at the Delhi airport on my way out. sorry for the bad picture, i waited for ages before i could get a sort of clear shot. i thought i was going to miss my flight trying to get a picture.

Even though that S600 has got the exposed exaust pipes & V12 badging on the fender (which are indendity for S600), why does it have a 18" 9-spoke alloys which come is other lower varients. Its normally seen that in S600s either it'll have a 19" 'S600' design crome alloys or any upgraded 19" or 20" AMG design alloys. This one look so strange.
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 15:30   #468
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 100 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Here is the New Hummer and the S500 and the Lexus 470 belonging to the same person.. Enjoy..
Nice find! Is this one at Bandra? Do you have better or close up photos.
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 15:33   #469
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Nice find! Is this one at Bandra? Do you have better or close up photos.
No, this is Five Gardens. In Dadar. The cars are always here.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 10:22   #470
BHPian
 
mikem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 84
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Porsche Cayenne & E-Class

Saw these two together at Kemps Corner yesterday.

The guy crossing is more interested in the Black "E" than the White "C"
Attached Thumbnails
Pics : Multiple Imported Cars spotting at one spot-caye.jpg  

mikem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 11:35   #471
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,202
Thanked: 2,094 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
Saw these two together at Kemps Corner yesterday.

The guy crossing is more interested in the Black "E" than the White "C"
For a watchman, the 3 pointer star means a lot more than any other brand.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 11:37   #472
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Even though that S600 has got the exposed exaust pipes & V12 badging on the fender (which are indendity for S600), why does it have a 18" 9-spoke alloys which come is other lower varients. Its normally seen that in S600s either it'll have a 19" 'S600' design crome alloys or any upgraded 19" or 20" AMG design alloys. This one look so strange.
Yes Hanmust, i was wondering the same thing too. Then i came with a logical explaination that the owner (around 60yrs) had burnt his fingers with the original wheels and had opted on the normal wheels for convinience. I might be right or i might be wrong. will find out when i see the car next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
The guy crossing is more interested in the Black "E" than the White "C"
Nice picture mikem.
For a normal person a Mercedes hold more Brand value than any other car. it is more like a house hold name now.
My mother experienced a similar thing at the Taj. There were four people running to open the door of the my mercedes than to open the door of a BMW behind the car.
please do use the full name for the Cayenne as the "C" represents the Mercedes C class. you would have alot of people correcting you on this. thank you.

@ cyrus. what colour is J.M.'s S500. it looks to be black or a shade of blue? He has a nice collection of cars and bikes.

Last edited by speedy : 15th September 2008 at 11:42.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 11:53   #473
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 100 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Yes Hanmust, i was wondering the same thing too. Then i came with a logical explaination that the owner (around 60yrs) had burnt his fingers with the original wheels and had opted on the normal wheels for convinience. I might be right or i might be wrong. will find out when i see the car next.

Ok buddy, please do enquire about it. I would like to know the exact reason.
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 15:10   #474
BHPian
 
crazybike_me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 43
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Hey i see the pics of aston and 911z...... is this some dealers shop or wat?
crazybike_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 16:38   #475
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybike_me View Post
Hey i see the pics of aston and 911z...... is this some dealers shop or wat?
Could you click on the Quote button next time so we know which post you are refering too.
i think i have a rough idea of what your talking off. the porsche is owned by a member of our forum and the Aston was of a dealer.
By the way my friend there is no car as the 911z. you have blended the nissan 350z and the porsche 911 together,
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 17:09   #476
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,202
Thanked: 2,094 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Could you click on the Quote button next time so we know which post you are refering too.
i think i have a rough idea of what your talking off. the porsche is owned by a member of our forum and the Aston was of a dealer.
By the way my friend there is no car as the 911z. you have blended the nissan 350z and the porsche 911 together,
I think what he meant was plural .. 911s in a cooler way is 911z
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 17:10   #477
Senior - BHPian
 
aniguchisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
please do use the full name for the Cayenne as the "C" represents the Mercedes C class. you would have alot of people correcting you on this. thank you.
I think his rhyme was cool. 98.76% of people here would know what that 'C' was referring to.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 17:40   #478
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I think what he meant was plural .. 911s in a cooler way is 911z
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
I think his rhyme was cool. 98.76% of people here would know what that 'C' was referring to.
here with both of you. i was trying to correct this sort of thing for the rest of the people who do not know anything about cars visiting the site. In this case then we should be allowed to use slangs and abriviations for words, as all of us know what they refer too. its like say i have a M.E.C.,M.ML. and P.C. A novice would not understand but some of us would.
'C' does not mean much to us as we know he is refering to the cayenne but for a novice it would lead to confusion. Right now you link it with the picture, try doing so without the picture and you would think both were mercedeses. I hope you agree with me.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 15:16   #479
BHPian
 
mikem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 84
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Full Size

SPEEDY.

Since you like the photo. I'm uploading it in poster size. Hope you like it. Try zooming in to see the finer details of the Porsche Cayenne. I hope the language of this post is now more suitable to you.cheers:
Pics : Multiple Imported Cars spotting at one spot-photo.jpg   <div style=
mikem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2008, 19:34   #480
Distinguished - BHPian
 
manishasrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 4,542
Thanked: 5,906 Times
Default

just a few pics !!
nothing great !
Attached Images
    
manishasrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PICS: Your Garage / Parking Spot anekho Shifting gears 57 9th December 2017 09:57
Spotting rare cars Samurai The International Automotive Scene 18 19th April 2010 22:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks