Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2009, 21:17   #31
BHPian
 
bivin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MAA/DXB/CDG
Posts: 932
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
IIRC, the ToI article goes on to say that the company plans to sell "a few dozen" of these cars every year.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! i dont think even lambo manages as many a year???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Wow! I like the Height adjustable suspension!

but can anyone use it to its full potential here?
A.S.S.?
forget full potential, id be surprised to see it being driven at all on our lovely roads!!
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 21:29   #32
BHPian
 
amith.2974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 71
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

SSC Ultimate Aero to be sold in India - Top Speed

Just read this article, maybe you guys have seen it already. I agree that this car has no business being on Indian roads but I somehow didn't like the way the article was worded.
amith.2974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 21:46   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amith.2974 View Post
SSC Ultimate Aero to be sold in India - Top Speed

Just read this article, maybe you guys have seen it already. I agree that this car has no business being on Indian roads but I somehow didn't like the way the article was worded.
I thought it was fine. I think you, like many people, misunderstand the word "third world". All the countries that took part of the US in the Cold war were First World, the Second world being allies of USSR and the Third World being Neutral countries. Doesn't seem all that bad now, does it?
ecksreturns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 21:56   #34
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 24
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Sorry, I dont want to be a spoil sport. But it is essential to be responsible when one handles such vehicles. You may like to visit :- http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newpho...0920_010.shtml
This Mercedes SLR was purchased only a day before this accident. <deleted some lines to make it short > The SLR was allegedly racing a Ferrari 599 GTB at the time of the accident. The car cost about $700,000.

Attached Images
 
shishya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009, 00:04   #35
BHPian
 
Sudan_NFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 759
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

The bumper would go off when it first see the speed breaker.Even is US driving such a low GC might cause problems.
Sudan_NFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009, 01:45   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 324
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
The bumper would go off when it first see the speed breaker.Even is US driving such a low GC might cause problems.
It is available with height control suspension as an option
Kinetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009, 09:09   #37
BHPian
 
spawnofsatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Los angeles/Mumbai
Posts: 707
Thanked: 83 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
I thought it was fine. I think you, like many people, misunderstand the word "third world". All the countries that took part of the US in the Cold war were First World, the Second world being allies of USSR and the Third World being Neutral countries. Doesn't seem all that bad now, does it?
Thats not the context they used it in. Currently third world is a term used for a poor country, now they use the world "developing nation". No matter how you look at it, it means the same.

Last edited by spawnofsatan : 27th September 2009 at 09:11.
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009, 09:52   #38
BHPian
 
amith.2974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 71
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
I thought it was fine. I think you, like many people, misunderstand the word "third world". All the countries that took part of the US in the Cold war were First World, the Second world being allies of USSR and the Third World being Neutral countries. Doesn't seem all that bad now, does it?
Yes technically that is right, but that is not the way the world sees it. There are alot of people around the world who do not know this, but use the words 'third world' to refer to a poor country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
Thats not the context they used it in. Currently third world is a term used for a poor country, now they use the world "developing nation". No matter how you look at it, it means the same.
+ 1 to that.
amith.2974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 21:52   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 193
Thanked: 0 Times
Cool

check out this video

The latest Pepsi Max Bullrun Commercial...



SSC FEATURED IN PEPSI MAX AD WITH KIM KARDASHIAN
WEST RICHLAND, WA (06/17/2009)

The actual Ultimate Aero used to break the world production speed record is featured in Pepsi Max|Bullrun advertisement with Kim Kardashian.

Last edited by agent4ferrari : 28th September 2009 at 21:58.
agent4ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 22:21   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 193
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Business Week Test Drive of the Ultimate Aero
Description: In January, SSC met up with Business Week in Las Vegas, Nevada for an exclusive look at the SSC Ultimate Aero. In this video, Business Week analyst Stuart Schwartzapfel takes the Ultimate Aero for a spin while revealing his reactions and comments.
agent4ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 13:42   #41
BHPian
 
krazyking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai/Hong Kong
Posts: 329
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent4ferrari View Post
check out this video

The latest Pepsi Max Bullrun Commercial...



SSC FEATURED IN PEPSI MAX AD WITH KIM KARDASHIAN
WEST RICHLAND, WA (06/17/2009)

The actual Ultimate Aero used to break the world production speed record is featured in Pepsi Max|Bullrun advertisement with Kim Kardashian.
She's hawhtt. She makes the car all the more hotter.
krazyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 21:51   #42
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 193
Thanked: 0 Times
Default The Ultimate Glory!

The SSC Ultimate Aero to be showcased in Mumbai between 7th and 9th November 2009 at the Luxurion World. Chek Shelby Super Cars news room Items on Shelby SuperCars - SSC - Exotic Luxury SuperCars Checkout the video on the following webpage Shelby SuperCars - SSC - Exotic Luxury SuperCars

Last edited by agent4ferrari : 4th November 2009 at 22:02.
agent4ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 19:37   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,602
Thanked: 611 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent4ferrari View Post
The SSC Ultimate Aero to be showcased in Mumbai between 7th and 9th November 2009 at the Luxurion World. Chek Shelby Super Cars news room Items on Shelby SuperCars - SSC - Exotic Luxury SuperCars Checkout the video on the following webpage Shelby SuperCars - SSC - Exotic Luxury SuperCars
That is great news! So is entry by invite only? Where is Luxurion World?
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 01:22   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 193
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

for details visit Welcome to Luxurion World 2009 Entry is by invitation only. No entry would be allowed without the invite.

Last edited by Dippy : 6th November 2009 at 09:19.
agent4ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 22:19   #45
BHPian
 
Benson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 119
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

SSC Ultimate Aero is not on display at Luxurion World. The event is also a put off.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bloodhound SSC - That's about 1610 kms/hour trammway The International Automotive Scene 6 26th October 2017 21:43
Caparo to bring Hyundai Aero Buses to India Blue Thunder Commercial Vehicles 35 7th January 2014 21:05
SSC Ultimate Aero II theragingbull The International Automotive Scene 12 12th September 2010 22:54
Career Options for a 10th (SSC) fail? pedrolourenco Shifting gears 29 8th June 2009 23:20
Dubai Autoshow 2007 - Ultimate Aero oldmodel The International Automotive Scene 0 19th January 2008 00:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks