Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Old 16th November 2009, 14:34   #46
BHPian

Kudos to you Aatish. What a deal,6 lacs for a good as new C? Why don't you make a new thread guiding people to old wrecks and building them up to gleaming beasts of glory? I'm sure lot of takers are out there.
preetam_KORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 18:39   #47
BHPian

Aatish, that's cool project. It takes guts to do up such a thing, m glad it turned out successful for you.

Choosing Oliver was a good choice IMO, there's no one close to match his quality and workmanship.

Cheers buddy []
regnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 15:52   #48
evo
BHPian

Default Re: A Gamble that Paid off: C-Class Mercedes W203

Thats some real Wheeler Dealering ! I love the show and am so glad that you could pull it off in India
evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 14:37   #49
BHPian

seriously aatish, thats a swell gamble that paid off, pls do let us know how she drives? considering the mechanical changes in her (cros member bar etc), any stability issues?
TRANSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011, 17:26   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Thats some real Wheeler Dealering ! I love the show and am so glad that you could pull it off in India
The show is "Wrecks to Riches". Wheeler dealers is more about getting modern classics back on the road.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011, 18:32   #51
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
The show is "Wrecks to Riches". Wheeler dealers is more about getting modern classics back on the road.
Uhuh? Havent watched any wrecks to riches. Will try to watch one show
evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2013, 11:40   #52
BHPian

This is impressive! I have a black 2003 C200K Classic (pre-facelift) and I'm looking at getting projector headlamps, LED taillamps and a chrome body side moulding. I know only one local place from where I can source the headlamps, but I've been unable to find the rest of the parts. Would you have any leads for the same? I am from Mumbai.
aalaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2013, 12:35   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalaap View Post
This is impressive! I have a black 2003 C200K Classic (pre-facelift) and I'm looking at getting projector headlamps, LED taillamps and a chrome body side moulding. I know only one local place from where I can source the headlamps, but I've been unable to find the rest of the parts. Would you have any leads for the same? I am from Mumbai.
If it is not available in India, I would suggest you import it from Bangkok then.
It should be available in plenty there.

You can check then at R style in MBK Mall.
cityvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2013, 14:03   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post

If it is not available in India, I would suggest you import it from Bangkok then.
It should be available in plenty there.

You can check then at R style in MBK Mall.
Can I order it online? I couldn't find anything on eBay global, AliExpress or similar sites.

Last edited by aalaap : 3rd November 2013 at 14:05.
Old 3rd November 2013, 14:13   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalaap View Post
Can I order it online? I couldn't find anything on eBay global, AliExpress or similar sites.
Yes, I think you can order it online. They will ship it down to your place. But I personally suggest seeing them in person before buying would be a safer option.

Their website
http://www.rstyleracing.com/index.ph...80811135607606
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2013, 15:07   #56
BHPian

Hi Aatish,

Kudos on the work done. Its usually believed that the cheapest Merc is the most expensive one. Guess its not always correct. Ive seen many W124, 201, 203 being scrapped because repairing the car would exceed its market value.

A friend is of the mind of picking up a W140 500SEL, the car was well kept but now parked for a years time. I just happened to show him the car, he showed genuine, logical interest, not heart over mind types and plans to restore it. Not many would have taken a bet with the W140. The car would be taken to Pune for restoration.

Your thread is certainly an encouragement for all those planning to restore a new age Merc, also save a few from the salvage yard.

Im planning to come to Goa, as have my cousins staying in Panjim & Vasco. Would love to see to see your car in person. Incase you coming to Mumbai let me know. I stay at Opera House itself, can see you around.

Regards,
Kavesh
kavesh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2013, 18:08   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Yes, I think you can order it online. They will ship it down to your place. But I personally suggest seeing them in person before buying would be a safer option.

Their website
http://www.rstyleracing.com/index.ph...80811135607606
Thanks, but most of the parts shown in this store and many more are already readily available on eBay and AliExpress and the prices don't differ by much. I still haven't found the Elegance body side moulding chrome!