Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2009, 15:25   #286
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
I knew all along that you will be buying the 7 series. How much for it ? If you do not want to write here, please PM me.

I might be interested since you got a V12 already.
Great so then why did'nt you mention it . The car is not for sale but belongs to a friend of mine and hence i have reserved first rights to it when he does decide to upgrade.

Another V12 or even two three more wont dampen my spirits in anyway. The Pepsi Gingle come to mind " Yeh dil mange more" (The heart asks for more)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
hey speedy,
does the 760 you want to purchase the same wheels as the one in the pic you posted?? coz AFAIK, those wheels come on the 745i
Yes it does. The wheels come in all models of the 7 series as standard. The different wheels you see on cars are optional one. This car is with the basic package, hence 19" wheels but i plan to change them to the 20" sunflower design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
The E65 7 was one of Bangle's worst creations! The boot was s a little weird,but that design influence is still being implemented in cars even today in a better way!But to me Bangle's worst is also better than the rest.This car has individuality.Period.

Enjoy the 2 V12 monsters speedy!Congrats!
, The car has basically everything and mre than what you can ask for. Like mentioned before i shall be inside the car to notice the outside and for the others the car would come n go for them to notice anything.

Thank you, will enjoy the two if and when i get this one, till then it is one V12 for me.


Now guys back to the W140. he parts have got delayed and i dont think she will make it on sunday. TWO weeks more to go, just getting annoying now . I should have listened to my brother and got the car done outside, it would have been on the road by now.

Last edited by Dippy : 16th December 2009 at 09:45. Reason: Deleting extra smiley.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 11:29   #287
Senior - BHPian
 
kbk_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 343 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I was informed by my friend who has a Michelin dealership t go in for the Goodyears. He said they were better than the PS2s.
Speedy, I've used Eagle F1 GS-D3s extensively and I've also used Pilot Sport 2s for two years on the M3. In my opinion the PS2 is a superior tyre. They are very expensive, but they provide outstanding traction both in the dry and the wet.
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 20:53   #288
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Speedy, I've used Eagle F1 GS-D3s extensively and I've also used Pilot Sport 2s for two years on the M3. In my opinion the PS2 is a superior tyre. They are very expensive, but they provide outstanding traction both in the dry and the wet.
Where have you been KBK, unfortunately the Goodyears came in last week and are all fitted up, so i guess i would have to wait till the next tyre change to know the difference.
When you compare the M3 to the S600, the M3 is much lighter and is pure performance oriented. The S i think would do good with the Goodyears as i would not get a chance to use her to the full potential and the weight would hold her down.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 22:11   #289
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,432
Thanked: 1,682 Times
Default

Speedy, does the 140 come with footrests for the rear passenger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Speedy, I've used Eagle F1 GS-D3s extensively and I've also used Pilot Sport 2s for two years on the M3. In my opinion the PS2 is a superior tyre. They are very expensive, but they provide outstanding traction both in the dry and the wet.
Agreed the GS-D3 is a crappy tire but the one Speedy got is Eagle F1 Asymmetric which is a brand new tire and has gotten v good reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Where have you been KBK, unfortunately the Goodyears came in last week and are all fitted up.
Cool. How bout some pics?
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 16:53   #290
BHPian
 
unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 429
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Nice car !

Congrats Speedy
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 23:58   #291
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Speedy, does the 140 come with footrests for the rear passenger?
No the W140 does not come with footrests for the rear passengers. The seats are the recliner kind so ample of under thigh support. Similar to the ones on the maybach.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Agreed the GS-D3 is a crappy tire but the one Speedy got is Eagle F1 Asymmetric which is a brand new tire and has gotten v good reviews.
Yeah those are the ones i got.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Cool. How bout some pics?
The tyres are fitted on the alloys but not onto the car as yet. The brake callipar kit is awaited and then only they would be fitted on the car.


Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Nice car !

Congrats Speedy
Thank you unknown.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 11:31   #292
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Here is the pictures with new Brake discs on and of the tyre on the rims. Yet awaiting the Brake caliper kit. Two week wait for these.
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-14122009378.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-14122009377.jpg  

speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 11:52   #293
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,894
Thanked: 9,744 Times
Default

Wheels look badly scuffed. Why not take the time while the car is jacked up to refurbish them?
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 12:27   #294
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Wheels look badly scuffed. Why not take the time while the car is jacked up to refurbish them?

Yes sir you are right. I intend to get all these cosmetical issues done at a later stage. Right now my intention is purely mechanical and at the slow pace of work conducted on the car, i just want it out of there. Any additional work i show them means another month gone. One month the car has been standing with them and they have not yet got the bumper crack repaired. They say when the car is ready we shall take the car to the other facility to get it Plastic wielded or stitched. They obviously can remove the Bumper and take it there and get it done, like they do for most cars with scraches and minor cracks. The paint fasility is at the other workshop so there again God knows how much time it would take to have the colour patches done one the car and the wheels refurbished.
I still have to get the exhaust work done as at first they said their person would do it at the workshop itself, then the guy says it would cost a Lakh to do it and has to take it to his place. At Automech they were doing it much cheaper and he had told me first only that the car would have to be brought and would take a week to complete. I would be taking the car to Automech as most of my car exhausts are done there rather than give it to some unknown person.

The touch ups on the body, the Bumper crack, side mirrors, paint touch up on the Alloys, rubber change for the entire car, the car polish and little cosmetical bits inside the car shall be done later.

A little over a month has gone by and still the car is not complete. One week Exhaust work is pending. I estimate i would finally sit behind the wheel in January sometime .

Last edited by speedy : 15th December 2009 at 12:31.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 12:38   #295
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,602 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Yes sir you are right. I intend to get all these cosmetical issues done at a later stage. Right now my intention is purely mechanical and at the slow pace of work conducted on the car, i just want it out of there. Any additional work i show them means another month gone. One month the car has been standing with them and they have not yet got the bumper crack repaired. They say when the car is ready we shall take the car to the other facility to get it Plastic wielded or stitched. They obviously can remove the Bumper and take it there and get it done, like they do for most cars with scraches and minor cracks. The paint fasility is at the other workshop so there again God knows how much time it would take to have the colour patches done one the car and the wheels refurbished.
I still have to get the exhaust work done as at first they said their person would do it at the workshop itself, then the guy says it would cost a Lakh to do it and has to take it to his place. At Automech they were doing it much cheaper and he had told me first only that the car would have to be brought and would take a week to complete. I would be taking the car to Automech as most of my car exhausts are done there rather than give it to some unknown person.

The touch ups on the body, the Bumper crack, side mirrors, paint touch up on the Alloys, rubber change for the entire car, the car polish and little cosmetical bits inside the car shall be done later.

A little over a month has gone by and still the car is not complete. One week Exhaust work is pending. I estimate i would finally sit behind the wheel in January sometime .
Speedy,

Will Automech do a good job? Do you know any other place where they might be able to fabricate a good system? I know, Automech does a good job with the pipes but it's kind of scary giving a V12 engined S600 to an aftermarket exhaust company like Automech that usually specializes in exhausts for cars like the City or the Baleno.

Sorry Speedy, don't get me wrong! No offense meant at all!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 13:30   #296
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Speedy,

Will Automech do a good job? Do you know any other place where they might be able to fabricate a good system? I know, Automech does a good job with the pipes but it's kind of scary giving a V12 engined S600 to an aftermarket exhaust company like Automech that usually specializes in exhausts for cars like the City or the Baleno.

Sorry Speedy, don't get me wrong! No offense meant at all!
I understand the concern and the fear you have so no worries my friend. Automech have done exhaust for the Caddy, Packard, Standard Avon, Rolls Royce Silver wraith, 20/25, w140 s500 and the 84 Mustang etc. They specialise in not only indian cars but any car and bike brought to them. They just require a sample and can have the job done. Their name is more associated with the Indian cars for the free flows as it is a wider market and stock exhaust for imported cars. Imported car owners are not going to mention they have had the exhaust work done locally . Mercedes Benz Dealers themselves get the exhaust work done locally and not from reputed Exhaust manufacturers/ fabricators like Automech but local guys and give you a bill that is the sky and say it has come from Germany or was in stock with them.

The one person i trust my exhaust system with is Automech or then the Mercedes company and the AMG division.

Last edited by speedy : 15th December 2009 at 13:42.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 14:21   #297
Senior - BHPian
 
canonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,466
Thanked: 188 Times
Default

Automech guys are good and genuine. They have been around and have lots of experience in very very large variety and types of exhaust work. Like any workshop you must take a personal interest. They are indeed passionate a very important aspect therefore costs are also accurate to not rip people of are do cheap work.

By they do most modern retro retrofits as well, you name the car and they have either made an inhouse or have been commissioned to fit out of box imports, I have seen several 80lac plus exotics get their plumbing done with them and no one could do more justice on an anthetic replica system for the s600 than them.

Last edited by canonball : 15th December 2009 at 14:24.
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 19:21   #298
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,602 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I understand the concern and the fear you have so no worries my friend. Automech have done exhaust for the Caddy, Packard, Standard Avon, Rolls Royce Silver wraith, 20/25, w140 s500 and the 84 Mustang etc. They specialise in not only indian cars but any car and bike brought to them...

The one person i trust my exhaust system with is Automech or then the Mercedes company and the AMG division.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Automech guys are good and genuine. They have been around and have lots of experience in very very large variety and types of exhaust work. Like any workshop you must take a personal interest. They are indeed passionate a very important aspect therefore costs are also accurate to not rip people of are do cheap work...
That's great news guys! Thank you very much. All this time, I was under the impression that Automech are just another bunch of exhaust people. Had I known that they are capable of this much, I would've recommended them to everyone who had asked me for exhaust advice!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 15th December 2009 at 19:26.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 01:16   #299
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
That's great news guys! Thank you very much. All this time, I was under the impression that Automech are just another bunch of exhaust people. Had I known that they are capable of this much, I would've recommended them to everyone who had asked me for exhaust advice!
The cars i have mentioned are the ones restored at my place except for the 84 mustang that car belongs to a friend. The list of imported cars done by them is too long for me to mention and carries some good sports cars too like the 3000gt,celica and Mr2. The are very professionally run company and also send their exhaust to other cities. They have been doing all of my personal driveing cars right from the 1000, esteem, OHC, lancer, opal. We even got a rear box made for the sierra and safari. Like i mentioned before when it comes to exhaust unless i am importing a unit it is Automech who i trust to get the job done.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 09:19   #300
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,894
Thanked: 9,744 Times
Default

If Automech were going to desing something from scratch - that is an issue. All they are going to do IMHO is to patch up and rebuild parts to original sepc. Being a set of bent tubes - it is a skill but ain't rocket science
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics : Mercedes S500 and S600 (W140) Aditya Super-Cars & Imports in India 204 13th December 2017 21:45
Big Daddy S-class in Bombay: Mercedes S65 AMG! Sahil Super-Cars & Imports in India 171 13th August 2016 21:09
Wanted: W140 Mercedes S Class S500 or S600. Dippy Shifting gears 8 25th July 2007 15:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks