Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2009, 07:01   #31
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,432
Thanked: 1,682 Times
Default

Congrats Speedy. What a majestic beast!

Other than the cracking leather in the driver's seat and the missing doodad in the front bumper this car is in ship shape.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2009, 09:23   #32
BHPian
 
krazyking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai/Hong Kong
Posts: 329
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Congratulations again Speedy. The car looks great.

Apart from a few parts missing from here and there, it looks in great condition.
krazyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2009, 12:33   #33
BHPian
 
nandishpal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 475
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

hey abhishek,i am really jealous of you now.that is one awesome car.
i can see the car phone too in the car.the new s class is no where close to the shape of these.so mean & means only bussines.definitely has a character.
nandishpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2009, 12:38   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Congratulations speedy, I'm more the sure that you'll have her gleaming and people running behind you soon. The car doesnt look so bad some cosmetic stuff thats all. I cannot wait to see it in person.
Oh yes she would be in tip top shape soon. The people running behind me better be fast as it would be a tough task for them. Hook up with Spiff he wanted to come this weekend to the garage to see her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Congrats Speedy. What a majestic beast!

Other than the cracking leather in the driver's seat and the missing doodad in the front bumper this car is in ship shape.
completely agree with you. The number of heads that turned to get a glimpse of her even when she was on the trailer was unbelievable. A true "Majestic Beast".


The car had foglamps in the bumpers and when the previous owners removed them the right doodad was missing, hence only one was fitted back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
Congratulations again Speedy. The car looks great.

Apart from a few parts missing from here and there, it looks in great condition.
Yes my friend. The car even though i played blind is in good health. The cosmetical stuff is all available and all the W140 models shared the same. It was only the engine stuff that was different for them. 280 and 320 shared engine stuff since they are 6 cylinders, the 500 being a V8 was different and the 600 being a V12 completely different. Luckily for me this baby does not anything mechanically.

@ Nandish dont be brother. Patience is the key and you shall get one. Never loose hope cause that drives you to achieve what you set out too. I did not and look where it landed me. The car also has a reciever in the back hand rest for the passenger to talk without bending forward. This car does have more character than the W220 and W221 for sure and carries a look of dont mess with me. These were the last of the true blue Mercedes Benz S classes and the new ones do not even come close to her.

Here is the sheer size of the beast on a flat bed trailer and compared to a person standing against it.
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-30102009272.jpg  


Last edited by speedy : 31st October 2009 at 12:46.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2009, 12:50   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 100 Times
Default

Wow man, majestic, its really a royal tank! I love it. Good that its having a VIP regn no. too!

I'm sure you'll make it tip top! Is the driver seat only got worned? It's not a complaint in my opinion, as the Indian whether especially Mumbai being heavy rain & hot comes with no gap, there is chance for letaher to get craked! I could be re done.

Doodad for W140 will be very easy to get in middle-east especially in Sharjah. Also the same regarding the rear star!

I've only one consent! Don't know whether its because of the level difference of ground or the slop of the truck's bed, is the rear shock is compressed a little?

With only 25,000km clocked, you don't have to worry about any serious mechanical error, except some electrical or electronics as it kept ideal for a months! It's not so complicated compared to present gen Merc!

Hows the tyres? Do check it due to the same reason, for not running it for months. If its not so new, then try to change it!

Hmm, I can't wait till you put the photos after making it top! Expect your updates soon! Also will be seeing it in flesh soon!

Last edited by hanmust : 31st October 2009 at 12:53.
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2009, 13:31   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
canonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,466
Thanked: 188 Times
Default

Speedy she looks pretty intact just buff her and do a mega detail job be sure to not let anyone shampoo the roofliner or any nonleather part believe me it/the cloth will fall off/seperate from the base immediatley after. The hood needs reallignment. I told you she was the update/facelift model not sure why you thought otherwise.

Last edited by canonball : 31st October 2009 at 13:36.
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2009, 14:07   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Wow man, majestic, its really a royal tank! I love it. Good that its having a VIP regn no. too!
She truely is majestic and part of the reason to bring her home was the registration nomber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
I'm sure you'll make it tip top! Is the driver seat only got worned? It's not a complaint in my opinion, as the Indian whether especially Mumbai being heavy rain & hot comes with no gap, there is chance for letaher to get craked! I could be re done.
It is only the drivers seat that is most affected. The navigator and rear seats have only cracked due to the hot weather conditions here and direct sun rays on it. This does not bother me as Stanley would replicate them for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Doodad for W140 will be very easy to get in middle-east especially in Sharjah. Also the same regarding the rear star!
Why go to Sharjah. Every cosmetical part includeing Windscreens are available in Opera house in Bombay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
I've only one consent! Don't know whether its because of the level difference of ground or the slop of the truck's bed, is the rear shock is compressed a little?
It is due to the level difference. Two tyres are on loose mud and two on tarmac. Realised it after we offloaded the car. The suspension is all proper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
With only 25,000km clocked, you don't have to worry about any serious mechanical error, except some electrical or electronics as it kept ideal for a months! It's not so complicated compared to present gen Merc!
Who told you this car has done 25,000 kms. That was for an S500 that was for sale. My car has done 7000 kms only. I am not worried about the mechanicals as Auto Hanger would do it for me and I would do the cosmetical stuff. The car after being complete would be maintained at Auto Hanger only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Hows the tyres? Do check it due to the same reason, for not running it for months. If its not so new, then try to change it!
The tyres have taken a toll standing in one place and the rubber has gone hard. They are new tyres hardly used but i am going to replace them as i do not want to take any chances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Hmm, I can't wait till you put the photos after making it top! Expect your updates soon! Also will be seeing it in flesh soon!
I cannot wait to get her on the road. I will be looking forward to showing you the car and meeting you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Speedy she looks pretty intact just buff her and do a mega detail job be sure to not let anyone shampoo the roofliner or any nonleather part believe me it/the cloth will fall off/seperate from the base immediatley after. The hood needs reallignment. I told you she was the update/facelift model not sure why you thought otherwise.
Yes that is what i am doing brother. For now i am concentrateing on the mechanicals and cosmetical stuff. The car would get an over coat and new leather only when i am satisfied with the mechanical part. If you see her in the flesh she does not need any shampooing anywhere. The hood was opened to have a look and was just dropped down for the pic not shut. I believe the facelifted model was in 94 and not 92, that is why i said she is not the facelifted model. That means she should have the retractable side mirrors.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2009, 14:22   #38
v10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 793
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Great buy Speedy! Looks fantastic and nice registration number too
I hope you will keep the same wheels and not make any exterior modifications to a great exterior.

Look forward to pictures once the car is done.
v10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2009, 23:13   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
Great buy Speedy! Looks fantastic and nice registration number too
I hope you will keep the same wheels and not make any exterior modifications to a great exterior.

Look forward to pictures once the car is done.
Thank you v10. There is another story to the registration number my friend.
I plan on keeping the car the same and definately the wheels would be there. The only changes i plan to make are the Decker music system gets replaced and tinted film added to the glasses.


Guys got the doodad and had it matched and fitted. The car now looks so much better.
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-31102009286.jpg  

speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 01:37   #40
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,886
Thanked: 3,271 Times
Default

Moderator Note - Have split up this thread from the Supercars section since this deserves to be a completely new thread.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 15:54   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,749
Thanked: 89,402 Times
Default

One wash and what a world of difference! Speedy, I can tell you are on cloud nine

This is how I'd spotted it only a couple of months back

GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 16:45   #42
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I plan on keeping the car the same and definately the wheels would be there. The only changes i plan to make are the Decker music system gets replaced and tinted film added to the glasses.
WOW. It's looking simply awesome. Even in the pictures the big imposing front is eminent.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 16:48   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Wow, what a car! Congrats, speedy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
...i told him i got my own and his expression was worth seeing.
Lol, that's another picture we'd like to see!
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 17:26   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
Dippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 7,269
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

Speedy, you got THE TANK. Along with a Congratulations comes also a Thank You for deciding to rescue this majestic beast. These cars are what Mercedes stands for. I know she will be back in shape real soon and I really cant wait to have a taste of those rumbling V12s. Awesome stuff.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 18:55   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
quickdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,008
Thanked: 1,285 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Oh yes she would be in tip top shape soon. The people running behind me better be fast as it would be a tough task for them. Hook up with Spiff he wanted to come this weekend to the garage to see her.
Oh yes yes, we've been discussing your new ride the past couple of days and cant wait to see it.
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics : Mercedes S500 and S600 (W140) Aditya Super-Cars & Imports in India 204 13th December 2017 21:45
Big Daddy S-class in Bombay: Mercedes S65 AMG! Sahil Super-Cars & Imports in India 171 13th August 2016 21:09
Wanted: W140 Mercedes S Class S500 or S600. Dippy Shifting gears 8 25th July 2007 15:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks